• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rejoice! Barb/Tailor Kits and Missing Properties to be fixed??

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See Leurocian's reply in this thread

It looks like the powers that be now agree that Barb/Horn/Spined kits rolling mage armor on leather pieces and dropping the property is a bug! No timetable on fixing yet - but finally after 3 years we have some agreement that is is broken.

I am as giddy with excitement as I have been in a long time to see some of these simple crafting issues addressed.

Thanks to Leurocian and the dev's for listening to the player base.

I have an action item to run down a list of the open crafting bugs/issues. If you have any you want to make sure are on the least - please PM your favorites to me.

I am going to run through all the craftables in ML that have property stacking issues and also call out the non-ex for ML bows (outside of the artifact recepies) and other known issues.

I might even have to break out a bottle of vino tonight to celebrate!

Today is a day for crafters to rejoice and be glad!

C

Connor_Graham

Heh, how about the fact that Night Sight is on the Darkwood armor set. It's an Elves only set, so kind of a waste of a mod spot that could be use for, oh, say...a little bit of Dex maybe, since the max Dex you can have with that suit is 146.

For that matter, Night Sight on ANY Elven piece is a waste of a mod spot, kind of like Mage Armor on regular leather...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

For that matter, Night Sight on ANY Elven piece is a waste of a mod spot, kind of like Mage Armor on regular leather...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Although that one is low on my list since rarely does anyone craft or use elf armor since humans can't wear it.

IMHO when they rolled Elves into the game and Elf Armor - it should have been set so that Elves can only wear elf armor (no human) and vice versa. Artifacts would be 'non specific' so as to not unfairly punish elves.

This would have put a huge demand in for crafting elf armor and actually made people think about being an elf. As it is now, the best char to be is an Elf Female. Why? You can wear every single armor piece in the game.

A human male cannot wear elf and cannot wear female. Its a disadvantage. Not tremendous - but you shouldn't be 'penalized' by being male.

Of course, there are some women reading this going 'They should be penalized even more!' Hahaha!

G

Well this may not be a bug, but it's always bothered me that runic made exceptional leather armor does NOT have the Exceptional resists (ie barbed exceptional non-runic has 42 resists - 47 with GM ArmsLore), but I never seem to see this on runic kit armor. Your thoughts?

G

Just a warning - the mage armor bug is NOT a simple or an obvious fix. It may take a little while.

G

I would think anything to be fixed regarding RNG would take time....at least getting a good 'roll' always does.

Way to go Leurocian and Theo!

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Goofy elves ... leaving "reminding labels" on clothes only they can wear ...

Sure ... change the property ... Give them the curse of night blindness that the humans they've been associating with "suffer from" ...

I mean ... surely you weren't trying to beg for an add-in mod for exclusive armor

Surely not ...

hehehehe

*goes to find a fletching repair deed for some broken arrows*

G

That one's always confused me too - I thought I was doing something wrong to start with - cos my regular GM made armour had better resists than anythign I made with horned runic kit.

M

MYUO

<blockquote><hr>

Just a warning - the mage armor bug is NOT a simple or an obvious fix. It may take a little while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeremy,
Since it is not a simple fix, can you go a bit further and remove the imbalance between medable armors (leather) and other types of armor (studded, ring, chain, plate, dragon scale, etc.)? Why vast majority of players wear leather armor and trash most of others (except artifacts)? That is not good for diversification which is the crown jewel of UO.

M

MYUO

<blockquote><hr>

That one's always confused me too - I thought I was doing something wrong to start with - cos my regular GM made armour had better resists than anythign I made with horned runic kit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exceptional bonus (resist) is higher if the armor is made by a regular tailor/smith tool. This was implemented after AOS to give non bod runners a chance to compete. The reality is the chance has been slim at best. After the upcoming BOD and runic changes, it is excepted to become slimmer.

On a side note, I run a few bod smiths/tailors and believe players who put in more effort running them should get significant advantage over those who don't. As for bod scripter runners, that is a different story. I won't mind collecting rubbles of those charred cheaters.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Well this may not be a bug, but it's always bothered me that runic made exceptional leather armor does NOT have the Exceptional resists (ie barbed exceptional non-runic has 42 resists - 47 with GM ArmsLore), but I never seem to see this on runic kit armor. Your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is not a bug.

What happened was when AOS came out - people complained that GM made armor is useless. You need runics to make anything worthwhile.

So they gave an added EX bonus to GM made NON-RUNIC pieces. It did NOT make GM armor more useful - it just nerfed Spined kits cause it took a very high spined kit roll to exceed an EX GM armor piece.

If they changed anything, it would be to remove the extra GM Non-Runic bonus to make it just like a runic crafted one.

Not a bug - but the validity of the change was always in question from day 1. I was against it from that point but its very much a part of crafting.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
At least now, the ability to get 100% intensity can result in higher numbers for a spined runic than from the non-runic bonus (though from properties).

G

Ah, thanks both, didn't realise that at all

SO much I've read about the game since I started playing, and still miss a LOT of information
Will be fun burning through all my spined runics once the changes come in, and I finally GM armslore =D Am glad I kept them all, though people kept telling me to throw them away!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to get snip snip fingers when this publish go live on the shards.Ugh and a smithing elbow!

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

If they changed anything, it would be to remove the extra GM Non-Runic bonus to make it just like a runic crafted one.

[/ QUOTE ]

/Signed.