• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reimbursement for Move

G

Last night i was finally able to move my lot into the neighborhood i wanted to be in,,the pop up said that i had to have $xxx to move into the Lot and $2000 for move fees,BUT i would be reimbursed for the lot i moved from $xxx,,i have yet to receive those monies,,anyone else notice or have problems with this?

N

Nick6212

are you sure it said you would be re-inbursted?

I think the 2000 moving free is way to expensive...and the cost it takes to fill up bar objects is way to expensive to.

G

yes,otherwise i wouldnt of moved,i read it twice slowly ,,lol,,{and wasnt on my meds last night when i did it,,lol}

G

Sellback on everything in EA Land is zero including lots. You will not be reimbursed if you move off the lot either.

G

ahhhhh ,,,GRRRRRR,,, they need to rewrite that on the pop up then,,if its not already on their "TO DO " list

I

imported_SimTripps

The whole 'no sell back' is a silly idea to begin with...

G

well i can understand it on objects,as soon as word got out that a new city was in the works and money would be deleted,,our store in AV couldnt stay stocked on fountains,,folks thinking they would "invest" their simoleans to get back later after the move,but i do hope once we are all settled in EA Land they offer the sell-back again

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

"Silly" isn't the adjective I would have chosen, but much more polite.

I've had the same experience with property.

I feel done in every time I turn around in this new game. It gets you down, it sure does.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

"Silly" isn't the adjective I would have chosen, but much more polite.

I've had the same experience with property.

I feel done in every time I turn around in this new game. It gets you down, it sure does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we can always run to the ATM if we need more money...Wait, I can't get into the game so scratch that one.

I

imported_SimTripps

Dali &amp; Shirl lol! Seriously folks... Here's an analogous example lol..: I buy a Steinway piano for $75,000, but now my kid's no longer interested in piano lessons and wants to be a hockey goalie instead.. So I place the piano in my local Buy &amp; Sell mag.. I also decided to place ads to sell my old diswasher, t.v., 10 year old Ikea bedroom suite, stinky ol' basement sofa, etc. And much to my surprise, they all sell within days.. See? So no sell back = silly (insert your choice of adjective or expletive lol...).

I

imported_Gracie Nito

RE-imbursement for land has been disabled in EALand and I hope they move this "wording on the pop up" to the top of the list of things to do, as many people moving into EALand are unware of this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Dali &amp; Shirl lol! Seriously folks... Here's an analogous example lol..: I buy a Steinway piano for $75,000, but now my kid's no longer interested in piano lessons and wants to be a hockey goalie instead.. So I place the piano in my local Buy &amp; Sell mag.. I also decided to place ads to sell my old diswasher, t.v., 10 year old Ikea bedroom suite, stinky ol' basement sofa, etc. And much to my surprise, they all sell within days.. See? So no sell back = silly (insert your choice of adjective or expletive lol...).

[/ QUOTE ]

thats because EA doesn't own you in real life and control your income nor what you can spend your money on. If they did then you couldn't sell those items and mainly because u could never be able to afford to buy them in the 1st place, LMAO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not selling back, you're selling on to someone else. We all have that option for selling on objects within game. Try selling your Steinway piano back to Steinway and see what they offer you for it

Back on topic, I agree they need to change the pop-up message when moving a property so that the message is no longer confused.

Polly

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

You're not selling back, you're selling on to someone else. We all have that option for selling on objects within game. Try selling your Steinway piano back to Steinway and see what they offer you for it

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...Polly, in my town the Steinway company WOULD buy it back. In game, good luck, because it will be a long time to find someone who wants my old piano.

And, as for real estate, I do think the game should buy it back. I consider the game to be the real estate agent/developer that sold it to me, and in rl I would contact them to see if they wanted to buy it back. But, HEY -- its a freaking GAME!! Give me a break, and stop making every aspect of this game a big obstacle.

IMO having to wait to find another player who wants to buy my property is ridiculous. I do not own an island or other prime real estate in game, so good luck to me ever selling my ordinary land. I loved being able to move around at will, and to create spontaneous holiday or other "fun" 'hoods. Remember when Tigger was ill and we made the 'hood to cheer her up? Gone, those days are gone, and why the heck? This game is getting to be more of a pain in the extreme lower back than fun. IMO.

I

imported_SimTripps

*stands and claps! Well said, Dali!

Sure they should remove the value difference return on properties if there isn't any, as it's false advertising and yet another annoying reminder of happier days of yore lol... I was just making a point that the sell back refunds shouldn't have been removed in the first place. Gee, as long as you have the receipt, it's within 30 days and the tags are still on.. why not? rofl...

Edit: Fixed typo

I

imported_CherryBomb

calp, calp, calp, Dali! Having fun is just too dang expensive these days. I think I will be having most of my fun elsewhere.

CherryBomb