• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Regarding who's in an Arcane Circle

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm new to Spellweaving and want to be sure I have this straight. I've seen a couple of threads that say that you can get the FULL effect of the circle, if you have people in the circle with ZERO Spellweaving.

Is this true? If it is, what happens if someone in the circle has GM Spellweaving?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Leira, but what I'm wondering is what happens if I ask for people to do a circle and one of them ends up having SW that is not within the 20... Is it like the person just isn't there or what?
And, while I'm thinkin' about it, how much difference is there between a level 6 focus and a level 5? Where would you see the difference most?

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It depends on who casts the Circle spell. Let's say 1 player is at 120, 3 are at 110 and 1 player is at 90. If the 120 skill player casts the spell, he will receive a Lvl 5. If one of the 110s cast, the 110s will receive a Lvl 6, and if the 90 casts, he will receive a Lvl 5. (I'm pretty sure that's how it works cause I've never really had a chance to test that).

The difference between each level is the life span of the arcance gem as well as effects on each spell. Spells will have longer duration and greater effects. The most noticeable difference is with the Word of Death spell.

Here is a quote regarding the Word of Death spell taken directly from the Stratics site I linked in my above post.
"Example: Spellweaver with 110 skill, No Arcane Focus: ~25-40, with Level 6 Focus: ~47-74 damage
If target is within the health% near death, Spellweaver with 110 skill, No Arcane Focus: you’re going to be hard-pressed to find an opponent with 5% or less hp, don’t bother, with Level 6 Focus: 300 points of direct damage."

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks again, Leira.... I had read that, but wanted to verify that the info was still accurate (things tend to change much faster in the game sometimes than what's on Stratics currently)... I've done the Arcane quest on all 4 of my accounts, so that if I can't find anyone to come to a circle, I can at least have 4 of my own chars in one (2 pc's, 2 chars on each)... I tend to play nights in Pacific time zone, so it's not unusual for it to be hard to get responses on weeknights...

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know a lot of players that watch Chat to respond to Arcane Circle requests. I know I'm not the only player that will actually switch characters just to help complete a full circle. One of the best things about UO is that it has one of the best player community.

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know a lot of players that watch Chat to respond to Arcane Circle requests. I know I'm not the only player that will actually switch characters just to help complete a full circle. One of the best things about UO is that it has one of the best player community.
^^THIS!^^ I also do this on Chessy, even when I don't want/need a focus, as I know how hard it is for some fellow players to find Spellweavers in game, especially in off peak hours.

Botak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
How to get STR 6? I read in the stratics link above casting at west britain bank would give +1.
The max I get was STR 5. How to get STR 6? There were 5 of us with close range of sw skills.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the guy casting the circle spell needs to be the one with spellweaving =/- 20. therefore say you have 2 guys at 80 1 guy at 100 and 2 guys at 120, the guy at 100 needs to cast the spell. that will get u a 6.

if u have a mixture of 100 and 120 guys than either can cast but if the 120 guy casts the duration will be longer. ( I think 9 hours)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of this is true... Now, here's the thing - especially for anyone who has more than one account - or, for that matter, anyone wanting to get a 6x circle to full potential.

Ask yourself, which is easier:

1- Finding 5 people online that have 80 to 120 Spellweaving
or
2- Finding 5 people online that have 0 Spellweaving?

It's WAY easier to find people willing to stop what they're doing when you put out the call for a circle that have zero weaving - than it is to find people who have 80 to 120. So, and here's where having more than one account active really comes into play when it comes to getting that 6x 120 power out of a circle... I have 4 active accounts, so all I have to do is have the char that is capable of 120 weaving just soulstone it and then get any of my other 3 accounts players to the circle. Now, all I need for a full 6x Arcane Circle power is 2 players that have zero weaving... (Now this assumes that you have at least 2 systems and rune 2 clients on each, and that you haven't figured this out on your own already, so I'm aware that's not everyone.... ) BUT - this approach holds true even if you have only one account. Just soulstone your weaving and get players with zero weaving to your circle... It's just logically easier to do...

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have only JOAT SW.
Is it true that I need any 4 person with 0-40 SW to get max circle (even they don't completed the quest and don't have SW book)?

Last edited: