• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Regarding the Ticking Clock in Moonglow

• Thread starter imported_GalenKnighthawke
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

I'm shocked that there's people who played through the Inu the Crone event cycle who don't remember the ticking clock in Moonglow. People have been talking about it here for about since we were first told about it.

But there were 2 people in the 5 on Friday thread who didn't. And if there are 2, there are likely more.

So, here is quick fill-in.

At some point after the Blackrock started spawning, the Moonglow mages' guild decided it would be a good idea to build a magical device that would detect and gather all the Blackrock in the world.

With the help of some players, they started building it but never quite finished. It's the weird structure in Moonglow between the Bank and the Inn/Stable. (Was the Dark Wisp attack BEFORE or AFTER the device started? I don't recall.)

At some point after the building started, the phrase "The Clock is Ticking in Moonglow" was put up on UO.com.

We all saw from the destruction of Haven what happens from concentrations of Blackrock.

Now imagine all of the stuff the world has to offer, in Moonglow, with all that other magic stuff floating around too.

Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

-Galen's player

G

Thanks for giving me the background of this event. I was not playing during that time and missed all this.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Minor point: "detect and gather"
Detect ... aye ...
Gather? nnnnnn ... need a link ..

(only found this: http://town.uo.com/bnn/article_568.html )

edit, sorry ... caught the trailing paren inside of the url linky syntax ...
worked in the composing frame ...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
*points to link*

404 Error file not found..

Wanna point us in the right direction as you usually do?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> linky not working for me, either, so here's a copy/paste of it (June 21, 2007 ~ now in the archives) </font>

Construction Begins on World’s First Blackrock Detector
Vanessa the Scribe (Moonglow) Feb 23 2007 4:07PM

The sounds of hammers and bellows won’t be the only thing interrupting picnickers in the small field west of the Second Defense Armory much longer. The Mages’ Guild of Moonglow has just broken ground for their revolutionary blackrock detecting machine, to be assembled over the coming weeks.

Kronos, Director of Alchemical Studies and the driving force behind the experiment, was accompanied by a small group of fellow mages and curious onlookers for the simple ceremony. When asked by the BNN exactly how the machine would operate, the eccentric mage explained that the key was an ancient family heirloom, and a piece of blackrock itself.

When asked further about his family treasure, Kronos only vaguely replied that no one in the family had quite remembered what it was for until now, but he assured us it was the key to a centuries old secret, of some sort.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not a quest, an event thats been going on forever
...also this event with the detector was played out somewhat on test about a year ago, should be fun

G

I played off and on for the past year and know very little about Inu, blackrock, dark wisps or some clock in Moonglow. I'm surprised at your surprise.

Thanks for the info.

G

<blockquote><hr>

(Was the Dark Wisp attack BEFORE or AFTER the device started? I don't recall.)

[/ QUOTE ]

It was after construction started (hmm ... exactly one year ago Sunday). The wisps attacked at final stages of the Book of Truth event (between them stopping spawning and finding the real book) - I took the wisps to be a "sorry, the main Moonglow event isn't finished, here's a diversion" filler event ... but one that went over very, very well because of the crazy Swoop-like rate of wealth generation.