• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Regarding the schedule of Dynamic PvP Events

EM Kasaven

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have quite a few of these planned, probably spanning across two different nights. I won't go into detail, but think events like the epic boat battle. They will be a lot of fun.

My question to the PvP community is this:

What nights are most active?
My first thought was to hold these on perhaps a Sunday, and a Saturday the following week. Then I thought a lot of players may be busy on the weekends. I always find Thursdays to be fairly active around prime time.
My question is, what time is prime time for PvP on Catskills?
7-11 p.m.?
What days would be best to hold events spanning 2-3 hours?
Weekends? Weekdays?
I prefer weekends myself, since some of these events could run late.

Also - A question regarding scheduling these events around statloss. I realize 90% of the PvPers are in factions. Would you be comfortable with a 20 minute wait period between events? (Where we would be explaining the next event rules, setup, so on. 2 or 3 events per night) I know this is very inconvenient, but I am unsure of any other way to combat this, barring simply running the events right next to each other, and if you have statloss, so be it.

Thank you for the feedback!

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd say a Saturday night then Sunday afternoon event would be coolio. Or if it had to be split weekends, do it back to back Saturdays at the same time, say 8pm eastern start time. I know that's what I'd call "prime-time".

In regards to the stat loss problem: there isn't a single faction player that hasn't had to begrudging wait out stat loss. But during an event, making players continue on to a second part/phase while still in stat will simply be a domino effect of negative consequence for those ppl. They will not be even close to having a chance of competing with others at full strength. I'd say a cool down period would have to be enforced until everyone was out of stat or ppl will just simply drop out.

Enjoyed chatting with ya the other day and hearing about these events!

EM Kasaven

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks! I've got the first event scheduled for this Saturday, 7:30 p.m. EST.

I am still open for more feedback on future scheduling.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you leave Sunday for player events? I scheduled Open Mic Night at the Vampire Loung in VL, but its almost at the same time as your PvP event and its hard to compete with EM ran events.

I will change my event to Sunday, the 25th.

EM Kasaven

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had actually checked your previous schedule as not to conflict, but your days had changed from the original.

I can't promise never to run events on Sundays, but I can promise to check stratics for players events that are announced before hand, and not conflict with them unless absolutely unavoidable.