• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Regarding Shore fish

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question: Do ALL 12 varieties of "shore" fish spawn at ALL shore locations OR do some shore locations have more of some kinds of "shore" fish than others? Is it just random?

Help! o_O

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just like all the "regular" shore, deep, and dungeon... There are no special location to fish them, they are all random.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just like all the "regular" shore, deep, and dungeon... There are no special location to fish them, they are all random.
Hmmm... Then there is no reason to have more than one shore fishing spot, right?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really - but. I tend to find some fish are more abundant in some spots than others.
I like to fish the river through Trinsic, the river on Buccs and Gravewater Lake - the lake gives me a chance at Holy Mackeral

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never thought I'd enjoy fishing as much as I do, but then again I love to fish in rl so why wouldn't I... :)
Thanks Petra, I'll give those spots a try... Last night I fished the water in/around Vesper and it brought back many memories of when it was "crowded" there. I enjoyed it... Gonna give Gravewater Lake a shot today...

Thanks again for all the great tips!

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting the differences in people and what they like and why. I LOVE fishing in UO. I HATE fishing in RL.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now Rhiannon, WHY do you hate fishing in RL?
:eek:
Maybe "hate" isn't the right word. How about Loathe?

Why?

RL: slimy, scales that cut your hands, lures that either are slimy and wiggle or have sharp point things that cut your hands, taking the hook out of a slimy wiggling fish, the stench of fish which I hate (both alive and cooked). Did I mention slimy?

UO: click a mouse.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really - but. I tend to find some fish are more abundant in some spots than others.
I like to fish the river through Trinsic, the river on Buccs and Gravewater Lake - the lake gives me a chance at Holy Mackeral

Unfortunately we do not know how the new fishing has been really coded but I do hope that the developers have put some fishing "heart" inside the fishing code....

What I am trying to say, is that one peculiarity with fishing in real life is fishing "spots" which fishermen get to learn through experience and, occasionally (but more likely seldomly..., perhaps :) share with other fishermen. I am talking about spots which either yield more catches, better catches or catches more frequently yielding the type of fish that they are seeking. Infact, it is quite usual to hear from fishermen about their "favourite" fishing spots.......

So, I'd really love to hear that in Ultima Online this "heart" of fishing has been coded for our virtual fishing and that also in UO us fishermen can get to learn our favourite fishing spots because they either yield more catches or are more likely to yield the type of fish, crab or lobster we are really looking for...

But only a developer can really answer this question.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe "hate" isn't the right word. How about Loathe?

Why?

RL: slimy, scales that cut your hands, lures that either are slimy and wiggle or have sharp point things that cut your hands, taking the hook out of a slimy wiggling fish, the stench of fish which I hate (both alive and cooked). Did I mention slimy?

UO: click a mouse.

Personally, I enjoy of fishing in real life, the tight contact with nature, the silence, the peacefull and resting activity. For me, it is a get away from the cahotic and stressing daily life of the city. I really at times feel the need to evade from my stressing life and fishing, I find it really helpfull. It is not even about catching the fish, it is more those fish I release than those I might keep.... for me it is not the goal, it is the journey that matters........

Last edited: