• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Regarding Pixel Crack

• Thread starter imported_GalenKnighthawke
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Those of you who complain about the new turn-in rewards, or anything, anything, else in the game being just pixels, or being pixel crack...

You all need to know something.

It's sad that I need to say this.

But everything in this game is pixels. Everything.

So those of you insulting me for fighting to save Magincia, saying I was just trying to save pixels? You were right. However, what you were trying to get, rubble, is also just pixels.

To complain that these new turn-in rewards are not useful enough is a legitimate complaint.

To complain that they are pixels is not. No matter what you got, it is still pixels.

If anything in this game were not pixels, it would terrify me.

-Galen's player

I

imported_Trebr Drab

You fought to save Magincia?
Congrats, sir, I wish this game had some way to reward those who play the role of "good guys".

I wasn't around at the time, but I wonder how you even go about doing that, except on Fel, maybe.

I can't see what to do exactly right now to play the good sort. Nor the bad, for that matter.

G

Ghosty

edit: just me being dumb, nothing to see here, please move along.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Those of you who complain about the new turn-in rewards, or anything, anything, else in the game being just pixels, or being pixel crack...

So those of you insulting me for fighting to save Magincia, saying I was just trying to save pixels? You were right. However, what you were trying to get, rubble, is also just pixels.

To complain that these new turn-in rewards are not useful enough is a legitimate complaint.

To complain that they are pixels is not. No matter what you got, it is still pixels.

If anything in this game were not pixels, it would terrify me.

-Galen's player

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont let them get to you.
We are all consumers and like stuff.

Pixal Crack is a comment just to fire you up. Its no different then laughing at someone who actually thinks they PWNED someone.

You PWNED pixalations.

The rewards are re-used and boring. Thats the bottom line. Now maybe more are coming and we dont know.

Lets see
Id rather keep my pixal rat coins.
A few berserker scythes
Ophidian Journals
and a lot of the other stuff rather then trade it in.

So thats what ill do. Get a statue. Maybe the armour set.

And Ill wait for round two.

I

<blockquote><hr>

You fought to save Magincia?
Congrats, sir, I wish this game had some way to reward those who play the role of "good guys".

I wasn't around at the time, but I wonder how you even go about doing that, except on Fel, maybe.

I can't see what to do exactly right now to play the good sort. Nor the bad, for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Thank you, I do too......I think the current event has been OK with that so far, they even gave us an RP reason to cast Armageddon. (My character still wont' cast it, though, but he has gotten 4 robes despite not casting it.) (Oh and for those of you who missed it, I think the Time Lord cast it at the Shadowlords on that first night in Dark Moonglow, thus showing us that the use of the spell harms them.)

As to how I tried (and failed) to save the city? It was in Trammel, and basically I intercepted the Light Daemons on their way to the city and killed them as fast as I could while everyone was threatening to page on me. I was worried I had sacrificed certain friendships I'd had, but luckily when the event was over, the demonic spell of greed that was over everyone went away and everything was back to normal.

As to how to play the good sort, if you mean working the event? Right now, the only thing that "feels" or "seems" bad is donning the Cloaks of Corruption. Gives you buffs inside the rifts if you're willing to lose all Karma you have within an hour or so. Everything else seems to be on the good side.

I'm fine with that.

-Galen's player

I

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Pixels I happen to PAY for. So, if it's OK with you, if I have a problem with the pixels, I'd like to reserve the right to complain about them if nessasary.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sighs*

Did you read my message beyond the part you quoted?

I am fine with people complaining about the rewards.

But to complain about them as being pixels is dumb, because everything in this game is pixels.

Here, I'll complain about one of the turn-in rewards to illustrate what I mean: That Knight's Armor is horrible. They seem intent on every "good guy" armor being mediocre in some way. At least the Virtue Armor is blessed and has resists. This new Knights' Armor doesn't even have that.

Note that I did not once complain about them being pixels.

-Galen's player

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Sure, it all is just a game in a virtual world consisting of pixels.
But it is supposed to be fun (which it absolutely is, that's why we're playing it). And the more depth it offers, the more fun it is.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sure, it all is just a game in a virtual world consisting of pixels.
But it is supposed to be fun (which it absolutely is, that's why we're playing it). And the more depth it offers, the more fun it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

More depth and more freshness.
Keep it coming and Ill keep playing.

G

Ghosty

<blockquote><hr>

*sighs*

Did you read my message beyond the part you quoted?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes the idiot meter gets pegged when I step on the scale. My apologies.

A

Avalonia

I wasn't here during the Magnicia invasion or I would have fought right along side of ya. It irks me that they destroyed such an awesome city. That city had a lot of memories for me and was always one of my favorite cities. When I first started this game way back in 2000 some dude offered to pay me 5k (a lot of money to a newbie) for my boots simply because they were made by his girlfriend and had her full title (Glorious Lady ****) on them. That was cool and kind of stuck with me through out all my gaming time.