• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

regarding deal or no deal wtf?!?!

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Wow :(

Ok so that's how its going to be? Tell the truth, speak your mind and we'll pull your thread to silence you? Fine I do feel bad Keenan's post got taken down but I make no apologies for it. Many of us are frustrated and very much annoyed. Broadsword will do nothing to help save Europa and its very sad and very morally criminal.

I will finish out this term as Governor however this will be my last term. I cannot continue help those who willingly turn their backs on us and if they dont like what we have to say..silence us (shame on you)

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
who's truth?
Unfounded and unwarrented allegations against someone who works harder at her job than most of the posters here.
Try again without the abuse.

Keenan's post was not removed because of what you posted. Keenan's post was removed because of what Keenan posted.
you have not been 'silenced' merely asked to post without the abuse.

Last edited:

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
who's truth?
Unfounded and unwarrented allegations against someone who works harder at her job than most of the posters here.
Try again without the abuse.
Oh i dunno petra i work bloody hard in my job and if i learned anything in my 13 months currently in the retail business is provide good customer service, a good business model and keep customers happy or you'll soon have no job..like it or not UO is a business. Now if that offends then pity. Maybe it should

Here's my point. We have repeatedly asked for deal or no deal..first reason from mesanna was an EM must properly request it..fine done and he promptly did now all we hear if we hear anything is "soon" now wtf do we have to do to get some actual life back into this shard and get Mesanna to actually take an interest once again not only in Europa but in other shards that are hurting. Call it unwarranted if you like, I am posting the truth. The lack of good customer service (both GM and also tech), and a good solid business model is damaging europa and other shards causing people to either leave or xfer.
Any sensible business would care a great deal seeing their customer base decline considerably over the years like this has.

Concerning Keenan's post he actually made a great deal of sense and I echo it..you say "who's truth"? How bout truth from the eyes of a PAYING CUSTOMER who has been here over 11 years and watched helplessly as this shard he's called home since 2003 has gone into decline... how bout the truth of hearing the people originally say Europa was dying yet many of us constantly and vehemently denied it saying we were fine when in fact the truth was and is staring us in the face. Now an even more brutal truth is that quite possibly its too late to save this shard we call home, and sadly it appears our lady does not care enough to attempt to breathe some life back into it.

I'll say it again Very very sad

Last edited:

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So without the abuse what did Keenan post that was so dangerous it needed to be removed? Couldn't you just edit his/her post to remove the abuse and leave the opinion and context in? Abuse isn't necessary but a valid point of view and opinion is. The "truth" is that some players feel aggrieved and want to let off steam. Surely they have the right to do that [without any abuse of course]?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my experience rudeness does not encourage the required response. Most customer support phone lines have the guideline - if the customer is abusive hang up. Reasoned and polite requests are much more productive.
If my understanding is correct Mesanna's games are supposed to be a surprise. I know the last one I found myself at was. Sadly the only thing I got from it was a death robe :D . So even if there was, or is, one planned you won't find any information about it here.
As for the 'Europa is dying' rubbish - people have been saying that for years, mostly people who play Atlantic and think everyone else should join them. Every other shard but Atlantic is being bombarded with the same message.
All the shards have less people on them now, UO is no longer an industry leader, it's a niche market - but as long as there enough of us in this 'niche' it will continue to be there for us.
They say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', so is neglect. Mesanna is a lady with a very busy schedule, being in game on various shards is 'extra curricular'.

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we are gonna have a Keenan is an A-hole thread maybe u shoulda left the reason for it up. If what I said was so bad why was it still here since the 2nd? Not saying I wasn't a bit of a jerk I was kinda tryin to be. Also I don't disagree that Mesanna works hard-never thought otherwise...I just know we have brought it up to her in game several times in person starting near the end of last year when we got a new EM. She told us we simply hadn't had an em which is needed to be able to request it which was perfectly understandable an reasonable.3 other shards have managed to get it this year - some not for the first time. That is not unfounded I found it myself here on stratics in the list of drops by season. Feel free to go find it too. Don't see how other shards getting it a second time before we get our first would make my annoyance about that seem "unwarranted". Calling her out on stuff isn't abuse...Tossing around allegations of favoritism certainly could be construed as that, i'll give ya that, but i'm simply echoing what a large portion of our population on Europa feels an discusses quite openly an often. My post wasn't meant as a personal attack on anyone. Simply a hey we are paying attention an wth? The replies posted on it since July 2nd seemed to support most o what I said which makes it not just my personal opinion. Many of us simply are sick o feeling overlooked. My Post wasn't a request for the game that's been done many times over in game an emails. It was more of a rant like I said myself at the end of it, to draw attention to the fact we still see her doing it for others even though she told us we'd be soon over half a year ago. I just happen to have spoken out about it here
instead of just grumbling in game about it like many do.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we are gonna have a Keenan is an A-hole thread maybe u shoulda left the reason for it up.
We're not.
You're not.
And this far more reasonable and less aggressive post proves that.
Think about it. Someone points out to you that you've overlooked something. you'll look into it.
Someone calls you out in an aggresive way and accuses you of misconduct, what's your reaction?

I don't know what Mesanna's reaction is. I don't know what your reaction is, but I do know what my reaction is. It's 'stuff him, he can damn well wait till I'm good and ready'. If you want something from me, don't attack, because I'll make you wait.
Maybe I'm exclusive in that reaction, but I highly suspect I'm not.

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have e-mailed mesanna 3 different times all with no reply she could atleast tell us if we are going to get one or not

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will get a game but I will NEVER tell or advertise it. I never have in the past on any other shard and I won't start now. You have other shards in front of you that have asked first that I am making dates for so you just have to be patient. So yes here is your answer you are going to get an event...no one is trying to leave Europa out of anything there just happens to be a lot of shards that want the same thing and we all have to take our turns.

You will know its happening when you seem me asking in a broadcast if you want to play a game. You will have 10 minutes to make it in a gate. Until then please stop picking on Petra.

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In my experience rudeness does not encourage the required response. Most customer support phone lines have the guideline - if the customer is abusive hang up. Reasoned and polite requests are much more productive.
If my understanding is correct Mesanna's games are supposed to be a surprise. I know the last one I found myself at was. Sadly the only thing I got from it was a death robe :D . So even if there was, or is, one planned you won't find any information about it here.
As for the 'Europa is dying' rubbish - people have been saying that for years, mostly people who play Atlantic and think everyone else should join them. Every other shard but Atlantic is being bombarded with the same message.
All the shards have less people on them now, UO is no longer an industry leader, it's a niche market - but as long as there enough of us in this 'niche' it will continue to be there for us.
They say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', so is neglect. Mesanna is a lady with a very busy schedule, being in game on various shards is 'extra curricular'.

I'm sorry you consider getting to the bottom of the truth rudeness petra I truly am. Most people who know me do not consider me rude ive been called direct, stubborn at times cranky even been called "a yank" which is borderline insulting but never rude....wow.

Wouldnt know bout "customer support phone lines" petra..I work in a large 36,000 sq ft retail supermarket (you want hard work? Try having to keep 6 departments, customers, associates and your manager happy and oh yeah you have to keep that store clean by yourself...aka no help. Hard Work? I know about that :)), you tell a customer to stuff it even a rude one they go to the manager and you get a rather stern talking to or worse leading up to and including termination.

The fact people are content with it being a niche market... I almost want to cry. It should be considered very very sad...even borderline criminal considering what UO used to be..and I mean AOS- Samurai empire even Mondains legacy wasnt bad and then it started going south. A caring person would ask why and I am that person. Now if you want to consider me rude for that...then so be it. Way things are going eventually UO wont even be a niche market..it will wind up being history. However if yall dont want to see it well I cant help that :(

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry you consider getting to the bottom of the truth rudeness petra I truly am. Most people who know me do not consider me rude ive been called direct, stubborn at times cranky even been called "a yank" which is borderline insulting but never rude....wow.

Wouldnt know bout "customer support phone lines" petra..I work in a large 36,000 sq ft retail supermarket (you want hard work? Try having to keep 6 departments, customers, associates and your manager happy and oh yeah you have to keep that store clean by yourself...aka no help. Hard Work? I know about that :)), you tell a customer to stuff it even a rude one they go to the manager and you get a rather stern talking to or worse leading up to and including termination.

The fact people are content with it being a niche market... I almost want to cry. It should be considered very very sad...even borderline criminal considering what UO used to be..and I mean AOS- Samurai empire even Mondains legacy wasnt bad and then it started going south. A caring person would ask why and I am that person. Now if you want to consider me rude for that...then so be it. Way things are going eventually UO wont even be a niche market..it will wind up being history. However if yall dont want to see it well I cant help that :(
Seems like you are just trying to pick a fight at this point. You heard about your game request, now someone should lock this thread up so you can move on. Good luck with your game, if you want to really see low pop come by Origin some day and I will show you around.

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Just to clarify something; Aragorn, I know you wanted answers, but Petra isn't the person who is responsible for them, indeed she doesn't know anything more than you do until one of us Broadsword chaps can speak. She's just trying to keep Stratics a friendly place for all the players to post, which is useful because we in turn can see a range of what people are concerned about. But the best way to get these sort of things addressed is to come to us directly.

Which I know may not seem true at times; but try and remember we're not the equivalent of the shop floor... we're the stuff that goes on in the managers office the customers don't necessarily see. And behind the scenes, I did indeed spot the earlier, deleted post, and was discussing the desire for Make A Deal with Mesanna later that Tuesday evening; The Dark Lady wanted to make the announcement herself though (it is after all her event), so until the above statement next morning, no one at Stratics could possibly know what to say. And as you can see from her response, Europa definitely has a place in the queue for Make A Deal, but the exact date won't be revealed, nor will who else is getting it, potentially before or after us.

But yes, it is indeed supposed to be a surprise, and Petra was just trying to give you useful information by commenting on this, from her own experience. She really is on the players side, especially Europa where she has her home; but if you need someone to shout at, come and shout at me via [email protected]. And that goes for anyone else too; we can't talk about the stuff that goes on in our office of course, but I'm at least in the same office building (as it were), which commentators here are not ;)

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Apologies I let my passion for this game override my common sense :(

I will say one final thing my argument wasnt and never was with petra and I am for one sorry if it was misconstrued that way. My "concern" if yall must be PC about it is with Broadsword seemingly having given up on low pop shards of which Europa is one. With respect to petra UO is not nor ever should be a niche market...a collectors market, a Record store that sells LP's 8 tracks and 45's they are niche markets. UO was once and with some work could be again a strong game.

@Skunk: I got agitated when petra made those comments...wont happen again :(

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arguing with Petra.........never a good idea.........

:twak: :stretcher:

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Arguing with Petra.........never a good idea.........

:twak: :stretcher:
One more time and i am done with it barian...the posts I mentioned was never about arguing with petra unfortunetly petra did get involved in it (as is her job) and the whole thing snowballed however my original post (before it got deleted) had to do with Broadsword and had absolutely positively nothing to do with petra, stratics, santa claus or his elves ok?

:bdh:

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies I let my passion for this game override my common sense :(

I will say one final thing my argument wasnt and never was with petra and I am for one sorry if it was misconstrued that way. My "concern" if yall must be PC about it is with Broadsword seemingly having given up on low pop shards of which Europa is one. With respect to petra UO is not nor ever should be a niche market...a collectors market, a Record store that sells LP's 8 tracks and 45's they are niche markets. UO was once and with some work could be again a strong game.

@Skunk: I got agitated when petra made those comments...wont happen again :(
Quoted for truth

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll expound a theory - many will disagree with it, but whether I'm wrong or right, it's how I feel.
When my boys were young their teachers took me to task because they were 'too independent'. I didn't see that as a fault, but what they wanted was a class full of followers. I preferred my boys to think for themselves.
UO (in my poor opinion) appeals to those 'independent' spirits. In fact it was my boys who introduced me to UO. Sadly we are in the minority. My childrens' classmates and peers, in general, favour the kind of game (and life) that is totally guided with no requirement for independent thought.
Maybe 'niche' is not the word, but given that there are now thousands upon thousands of games to choose from where previously there were merely a handful UO will always, now, I think appeal to a minority - but as long as that minority is big enough for the game to be profitable, that's no problem.

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'll expound a theory - many will disagree with it, but whether I'm wrong or right, it's how I feel.
When my boys were young their teachers took me to task because they were 'too independent'. I didn't see that as a fault, but what they wanted was a class full of followers. I preferred my boys to think for themselves.
UO (in my poor opinion) appeals to those 'independent' spirits. In fact it was my boys who introduced me to UO. Sadly we are in the minority. My childrens' classmates and peers, in general, favour the kind of game (and life) that is totally guided with no requirement for independent thought.
Maybe 'niche' is not the word, but given that there are now thousands upon thousands of games to choose from where previously there were merely a handful UO will always, now, I think appeal to a minority - but as long as that minority is big enough for the game to be profitable, that's no problem.
I can agree with that to a point petra. However we have a saying here..."fix it until its broke" sadly thats what has happened over the years UO has been fixed and fixed and fixed with updates patches bastardizations of itself etc until finally its now broken..oh snap. Heres the thing...in RL ive mentioned UO to people, gamers ive known over the years and what I hear is "OMG is that game still around?" There is an opportunity to bring people in but its not done by people who have the ability (hint) its not going to happen if the word isnt spread online as well as in RL about it. You're right petra there are a lot of games out there now and yes UO is dated it needs to be addressed. Now will it? Well im a realist so no I don't think it will ever be addressed. They will simply contine to apply bandaids to a hemorrhaging wound until finally the patient bleeds out. Mark my words if nothing is done eventually the minority will not be enough to save this game from insolvency. :ohsnap: