• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Refusing to swing

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is this a new problem or an old problem? Has it gotten worse or always been this way? I hadn't done a spawn with my sampire for quite a while and got killed a few times because of my character simply refusing to swing when I clicked repeatedly on the enemy in war mode, in war mode and not paralyzed because I could move. Really irritating. Thoughts?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you are running EC, it is a rubberband bug that got more and more annoying lately.
Close and open the paperdoll with C so the EC will put you where you actually are and you will hit the proper monster next to you.
Sometimes you are 5 tiles away from where the screen shows you, which is why you don't hit your enemies. Pretty easy to spot it is happening when there are enemy mages around. Their spells will be flying to the tile where you are, not where the screen shows you.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've always played on EC and I've never had a problem keeping the lore page up and using peacemaking/discord but I have done since I've come back into the game recently, If the lore page is up it will block the use of skills like taming/peace/discord/meditation etc.

EC isn't perfect but I wouldn't play classic even if someone payed me.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you are running EC, it is a rubberband bug that got more and more annoying lately.
Close and open the paperdoll with C so the EC will put you where you actually are and you will hit the proper monster next to you.
Sometimes you are 5 tiles away from where the screen shows you, which is why you don't hit your enemies. Pretty easy to spot it is happening when there are enemy mages around. Their spells will be flying to the tile where you are, not where the screen shows you.
That is due to the new taming changes and happens on the CC too.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So then you often open and close your paperdoll to keep things lined up right?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Using EC, in addition to frequently using a macro to open and close paper doll, I have macros for "Target Nearest Enemy" and "Target Next Enemy" that you can pull onto your hot bar from the actions menu. I noticed the swing issue myself lately and had thought it was just me until some guild mates brought it up as well. Between opening and closing your paper doll, and hitting both of those targeting macros to refresh your current target, it seems to help out.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It is also affected by ping.
The higher your ping is, the more often it happens.