• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Refund...

G

Well since the closure of Ea Land... i was a little upset that i came back this month and didn't get my months worth of playtime that i paid for.. So i gave customer a little call and argued with them and such... Then finally they issued me a refund on my accounts for this month!!

US: 1-866-543-5435

Outside U.S: 1-650-628-4306

Call and complain! Ahh customer support.

N

Nick6212

I also just called customer service

I told them that i thought it was unfair that I got charged for the month yesterday, and the announcement was made today. I told them that I didnt find it fair that I had to pay for something that people are getting for free.

I asked if it was possible to recieve a refund and they said yes.

So i recieved my $9.99 back for the month.

They arent getting my money

N

Nightlyfe

I also argued about a refund and got 1 month back for my account. I did ask about the ATM and they said i would recieve an email from them about that in about 2 or 3 days as they can not help in that matter. They said it will be email contact to get a refund for atm issues as there is no phone number support for that!

EDIT!!!! I called back and requested a refund for the entire time since i rejoined and those refunds were granted (i rejoined about 3 months ago)

G

I also requested a refund, and it was granted.

Although, they did have to cancel the account, which is okay, because I still have two others.

I didn't have to argue, no quetions were asked. I simply requested that this month be refunded and the process was very simple.

G

They will be working overtime in India at the EA buidling for the unforseeable future.

I

imported_Brownie

I called and didnt have to argue at all. I ended up speaking with a very nice person that refunded all this months account fees and submitted all the simolean refund requests.

Not near the hellish nightmare I thought it would be. With the big red monster around the corner, it was a good thing it went that smoothly too

N

Nick6212

they have to be nice because they already know everyone calling in is furious... if they werent granting refunds they would be even more mad

G

Yeah, I suppose it would be impossible for the sales people to get through the day, if they spent every single phone call arguing with customers.

Good to know people can receive refunds this way.

G

I just spoke to a rep at EA about getting a refund on time cards. He said that he would forward my request to have it done. It almost sounds like it has to be approved. Am I worng?

M

MandiK

How do you get to a person on these lines? What option do you say? I cant find one that leads to a real person.

M

MonaLittlemore

I was charged this morning for my account to I called and had it fixed and stopped a charge going thru on another account ...Im not giving them anymore of my money ...

M

MonaLittlemore

I did it but now I cant play my game lol..anD i THOUGHT IT WAS FREE

G

It is free for the months of june and july. if you call for a refund now you are cancelling your subscription.

I

imported_Armonia

I am currently on the phone with ea and they are refunding all my money for this past month of April for my 3 accounts. I think this is only fair. You don't have to cancel your subscription as I told them I want to keep it active till the game closes as we are not being billed anymore. He said that would be fine. It takes 5 to 7 business days for it to be credited to your credit card. I also asked about the $15 toward a ea game or 3 months of pogo free and how we go about getting this and he (Nick) said, we will be getting a e-mail in about 30 days telling us how to take advantage of the offer. If we do not get the e-mail in 30 days we should call customer service again and see why we did not receive the e-mail. Also, when you call the number to get customer service US #1-866-543-5435 you should say my account, then make payment then when it says do you want to talk to an agent you say agent. Nick told me that is the fastest way to get a agent on the phone. Hope this helps a lot of you.

I

imported_Salarah

I phoned the number listed above and was given a refund for my 3 accounts for one months billing period. Also they put in a request for a refund of Simoleans that I purchased...but said that was handled by another department that would contact me via email. Don't know how this will turn out but the cash-in/cash-out feature should have gone hand and hand. We were promised a cash out feature which inticed me and many others into purchasing simoleans knowing that we would be able to recoup our funds in the future. Call EA!! Request your refunds!!

I

imported_rpsky3

Ok, I called yesterday and was told NO.. and that if they did they would have to immediately cancel all 5 of my accounts....

BUT.......................

After reading this post... I CALLED AGAIN!

I GOT MY REFUND FOR 5 ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!

Call them!!!!!!!

And the account is still going to remain open until Aug. 1

G

Are they giving refunds for the whole month of April? I called and got my refund back for the payment they just took out on Friday but I got another account that was taken out on April 5. Is this to far back?

G

I will add this to the sticky up top.
Thanks for posting, Armonia.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are they giving refunds for the whole month of April? I called and got my refund back for the payment they just took out on Friday but I got another account that was taken out on April 5. Is this to far back?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of our (hubby and I) accounts is dated the 9th and the other is the 23rd. I plan on calling tomorrow (too much going on today anyway and I bet the wait times are hellish with everybody calling) to get a refund on the one that debited on th 23rd, but I personally feel that I got what I paid for for the one debited on the 9th since we didn't get the 90 day notice 20 days later. But that's coming from someone that doesn't feel 'swindled'.....I'd venture a guess that those who feel 'coerced' will want to 'stick it to EA' however they can. It would almost to me feel like I was telling them they made the right decision if I asked for a refund for what I *did* get (the 20 days) because that'd be like saying it wasn't worth the $10. I don't think they did make the right choice, and I do think it's worth every bit of the $10 for 20 days of gameplay....so that's the thought process for me. Everybody's gotta make up their own minds I guess.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think they did make the right choice, and I do think it's worth every bit of the $10 for 20 days of gameplay....so that's the thought process for me. Everybody's gotta make up their own minds I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I feel that they "stole" time from me. Time I could have spent playing another game, going to a movie, time with my kids and hubby. I could have gone shopping, sown that button on my husband's shirt (haha fat chance), walked around in the beautiful spring weather.

I

imported_Armonia

you are welcome Aster's Folly. Yes they are refunding for the whole month of April as well.

I

imported_rpsky3

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

they did for me!

G

i just calledand they refunded all 5 of my accounts for april so call people and get ya money back

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

Well since the closure of Ea Land... i was a little upset that i came back this month and didn't get my months worth of playtime that i paid for.. So i gave customer a little call and argued with them and such... Then finally they issued me a refund on my accounts for this month!!

US: 1-866-543-5435

Outside U.S: 1-650-628-4306

Call and complain! Ahh customer support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you so much for this information. Although I had to call from AU which isn't cheap, a refund is a small consolation after they had called an end to the game.

I don't think it was particulary fair that they sent out all those emails to reactivate accounts on the promise of receiving amnesty gifts/locks and revamping the game when this was not the case.

G

I called and got my refund. I had just been billed the day before. The customer support person was very nice and helpful. Only took a few minutes.

I honestly think the devs had good intentions but it seems like they never had the support of EA in order to do what they wanted to do to change the game around. Nor enough time to really do as much that needed to be done.

I'm truly sorry the game is ending. I've been here off and on since beta (mostly on) and it is the only online game I've enjoyed and looked forward to playing. I'll miss the friends I've made in-game. I think now I'll wander off to find those missing parts of my life spent playing the game instead of doing "real life". No matter how much fun I had, it's still only a game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[I don't think they did make the right choice, and I do think it's worth every bit of the $10 for 20 days of gameplay....so that's the thought process for me. Everybody's gotta make up their own minds I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]See, you're much more forgiving than I'm feeling right now. I do feel cheated, as I had left this game for some time, returned and gave them money based on false promises. I absolutely believe they should refund April at the very least.

Thanks guys, for providing this info. I'll be calling tomorrow.

G

Make sure to have your account details on hand, including the Credit/Debit Card Number you have used for the account or in some cases Accounts.

I

imported_TraciRK

I was so angry they billed all 3 of my accounts on the 28th when 2 of them weren't even due yet that I ddin't trust myself to speak to some poor customer service rep. It isn't their fault and I would have said some pretty ugly things, so I simply went to the EA site logged in and sent a note to the their customer service with the part of their TOS pasted into it yesterday and got a response that they are refunded me today.

Didn't have to talk to anyone, saving the rep the grief of listening to me tirade about their boss and me the aggravation of trying to get someone on the line.

Go here http://www.ea.com/home.jsp and then to support and contact us.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just spoke to a rep at EA about getting a refund on time cards. He said that he would forward my request to have it done. It almost sounds like it has to be approved. Am I worng?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get a refund on your time cards. I have been trying to get refunds on two I used a day before the announcement.
Even though one is not due to start being used until 5 May and the other on 10 May. I live in the UK so I e-mailed EA customer services and they are telling me that they cannot refund them and even if they could they would have to cancel both accounts immediately.
If I don't get refunds, I will have paid past the closing date into August.
Bang goes my 60 days free, oh well.

G

I got a call from EA. They sent me an email requesting either the order ID or email address used to purchase time cards. The email didn't sound like they would have any problem refunding the time cards.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I got a call from EA. They sent me an email requesting either the order ID or email address used to purchase time cards. The email didn't sound like they would have any problem refunding the time cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad for you. Were yours used or un-used?

G

Had 70 of 90 days left on 1 and about the same on the other.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Had 70 of 90 days left on 1 and about the same on the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

They told me that they were unable to do partial refunds.

I

imported_Cherri Bear

I STILL cannot get ahold of a real person. After i chose the make a payment option...the voice message said pay by credit card or other.

I said Other. Then, they gave me an outside pay internet site i could go to to pay.

Has anyone tried to get your money refunded from the ATM's used recently?

G

I got a real person a few nights ago by going to the account section

I

imported_Cherri Bear

OK, thank you. Maybe they are just not open yet. I will try again in a few hours.

I

imported_herk1287

Lol My other account was charged again or pending, I called them and they send pending.. doesnt mean the money was taken, but I am 10 dollars less, should I remove the active billing on the accounts? Help Me

I

imported_herk1287

Will removing the acive billing info affect my game play till August 1st,08? will I still be able to access my money lot I am roomie at? Please Let me Know

G

I too got refunded...at first they said that I would have to cancel my account to get the refund, but after giving them a hard time and brought up the fact that my last billing date was April 27th, they then agreed to do it. So do fight for your rights everyone! I also complained about the money I wasted using the ATM's....they said they will get back w/ me through e-mail to work with me on that issue. I was very upset over the fact that I spent 20 bucks on the atm machine about 2 hours prior to them coming out w/ the bad news. They should have de-activated the atms the minute they new that they were going to be closing the game down. anyhoo....good luck all

G

Called and got someone with a brain, woot. i removed my billing info yesterday and when i called to get refund today we had to go over each account and redo info to get refund. Best to just call, took me an hour and 20 mins, i still hear the "hold" music in my head. lmao

I

imported_herk1287

So remove my billing info? on the accounts? what about Connies issues say it would expire in 7 days

G

Id just call them and get it over with. i dont like dealing with tech support for any game/issue. but sometimes you gotta.lol just call them and pray you get a person that knows what they are doing.

I

imported_herk1287

I have called, and they said i would get refunded for April and the may charge I got, but who knows

G

I called also and originally I was told they would refund me for my one account. I had to be specific and say, UH HELLOOOO, what about the other one's (which I DID mention when I first called) and then he said, "no problem I will reverse those charges as well." They also tried to "explain" to me that they were now offering our accounts for free (I guess in hopes that I would say, oooh thanks, ok nvm and then hang up without getting my charges reversed) NOT until I stated, yes I know that but I also know that I want a refund for the services i was promised and then charged for and DID NOT receive (amnesty). I guess it depends on who you get and make sure you are specific.

S

SammiiBeta

I just called and they refunded all 4 of my accounts and said I can still play too

G

I envy all you who have been lucky enough to get refunds, This is all I got from customer services.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support.

Please bear in mind that all players are being treated the same regardless
of global location. At this time we have not issued refunds of any type.

Since you have already used your codes, we cannot issue a refund unless we
cancel the time on them. However, I would like offer you an option of having
a free 60 day Club Pogo account, (30 Days for each game time code purchase)
or a discount at our EA online store.

If you need additional assistance or have further questions please reply to
this email or visit our self help knowledge base at http://support.ea.com

Thank you,
Samuel
Senior Representative
Electronic Arts Customer Support

Take apecial note of the line I have bolded.
I suppose if I phoned instead of e-mailing them I might have a bit more luck but I can't afford to.
Not that I want to but In no way do I want a Pogo subscription and you have to live in america or canada to buy from the eaonline shop.

My head is sore from banging it on EA's brick wall.

Update: They now say it has already been refunded. My credit card company says to wait 10 days but at last it looks promising.

G

Thank You for posting this, I called and got a refund for 4 of my accounts for the month of April, they had not charged one of my accounts for the month of April. I also was told that if I made purchases from the ATM in the last 60 days that I would more than likely be getting a refund from that as well. You have to send an email to Ea to receive this.