• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Refreshed Idoc oddity

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had an idoc on Siege this evening. We had the exact time it went idoc so knew what time it would fall. It did not fall at the 5 hour mark, nor the 10 hour mark. At the 15 hour mark, at the exact time it should have fallen, it turned private. Comments? How could this have happened?

Abyss-

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Owner refreshed last second. Always takes a bit till the refresh kicks in..so he just might have forgot and noticed pretty late after second phase and put some gametime on the householders acc.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Abyss is right - they never fall exactly at the 5 10 15 hour mark - It is usually about 10 minutes over I have found. Looks like in this case the owner got lucky.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
How did you get the exact time?

Always wondered how people did that.

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stood at the sign and waited and waited and waited with my finger on the sign and I saw it change. My whole issue is that it changed at the exact time it was supposed to fall.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being that Siege is a shard that a home can be linked to a prodo shard account in most cases the secondary house on siege may not update as quickly as the prodo shard home. If you read the Dev notice on idoc drops, the owner has up to the 2 hour mark before the set drop to "fix' the issue and the house will refresh the minute they log on. Now as that those homes on Siege can be a 2nd house to a prodo... yada yada..
The timer went through its last check, found the account active.... bingo is how I figure it

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do I find this hilarious? Waited all that time for nothing huh... Doh!!!
And you can put all that waiting time down to the ridiculous changes made to idoc times. Once it was possible,when you had learned how to do it,to obtain a fall time and simply go 10minutes before it was due. The changes made a gift of idocs to scripters.