• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging weapon question...

TeslaTyson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
How do I still use slaughter and not get hit area spells. I have tried the top 5 runics, and still freaking get hit area spells on some really good stuff.

Advice please.....?

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course you are getting hit area spells. Runic strength and reforging settings are like water that you pour into the property "cups". If you use a high level runic and lots of settings, you are pouring heaps of water into those cups that can only hold so much. You are going to get water all over the place.

What properties and numbers are you wanting to get specifically? HCI, DI, Battlelust?

Last edited:

TeslaTyson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I want a hit spell, SSI and possible HCI or DCI. Slaughter is the only thing that gives me Hit spell, and when I use that, THAT is when I get the hit area.

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With reforging for specific results, there is currently not enough data, at least not that I know of, to shoot for more than one over-capped property. And even if there was, the odds of getting what you want and the price of higher level runic charges would send your costs through the roof.

Because SSI, HCI, DCI, DI are all stats that are capped through a combination of your entire build, it would be hard to advise on what to do about these without knowing what you've got, and what you want from it.

But as Hit Spell is what you are interested in, I can show you how to get max possible Hit Spell clean, which would be 70%, and then you can imbue whatever else you need.

Use a copper runic with no options to increase the power of the reforge. The only thing you want to do is set the options that give you "Vicious / of Slaughter", and nothing else.

It will take you several shots until you get a 70% Hit Spell clean in the spell you want, I think the odds are something like 1 in 25. At about 30k a shot, it could run you close to a million for this weapon, and then again you could hit it on try #1. :p

After that PoF and imbue the rest.