• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging query - Achieving 5 DCI using shadow runic hammer?

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please can somebody confirm their experience?

When I played about 7 years ago I crafted a fairly basic (but effective) suit using reforging to achieve 5 DCI on 4 pieces of armour to give me 20 DCI.
I'm fairly sure I used powerful (grand/inspired) and "towering/of aegis" and shadow hammers - as per the screenshot.

I've scoured the net for any info relating to this including trawling through these forums, but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer that marries with my current experience.
A few sources (links below) state that I should be using "vicious/of slaughter"
- I achieved DCI using "towering/of aegis"
- Using slaughter I've only achieved HCI so far (i don't think it can produce DCI based on the name?)
- The kicker - I've tried both about 25 times each and achieved only 4 DCI/HCI on all pieces using shadow runic hammers.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to if/where I'm going wrong please?
Has something changed Since 2014/2015?

I don't want to waste those precious hammers if I've taken a wrong turn...

Thanks in advance

NB: Yes I used dragon armour because I am/was poor and can't afford the steps of enhancing - you can miss this step with scale armour.

Pic is from circa 2015.

Links for sources:

Attachments

gwen

Slightly Crazed
You are doing it correct. Continue reforging and you will get your 5DCI some day.
DCI on armor is not very efficient. Cap is DCI5 per piece. On armor 5DCI has same imbuing weight as 20 DCI (15 if imbued)on ring or bracelet.
Don't know what your jewels are, but I suggest you think about having LMC or HP on armor and HCI/DCI on ring and bracelet.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm taking HCI/DCI on my jewels, but need to beef it up due to the arties I'm using - as attached. It all just about works if i can get the DCI on three pieces. Maybe i could swap it for HCI which seems a lot easier.... if I can find different boots.
I've only recently returned and so don't have cameo/an bal xen etc.

Thanks for confirming.

Looks like i need a LOT of hammers.....
Rant: Sadly all my bods and hammer were lost after returning because of a new feature where pack animals (including giant beetles) auto stable and delete after 24 hrs if not sat on, instead of loyalty degrading. Absolutely disgusting change :mad:

Attachments

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
***UPDATE***
After burning a bunch of hammers, finally managed to get 5DCI via shadow and copper hammers :D

Like everything in UO, Ihad none after about 50-60 attempts and then 4-5 in a quick succession. Madness.

Now there are no more hammers for sale on Europa >.<

Thanks all!