• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging HCI DCI on Plate

booglerz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I came across a post on stratics (but cannot find it again) that talked about the best way to refore HCI on Plate armour, shadow runic hammer: non-powerful + inspired + Vicious / of Slaughter, is this correct (if so, why not powerful?).

I did a test on a random piece of armor and got 4hci and int bonus 3 (bummer) I want clean just HCI.

Also is it possible to get just DCI on armor (powerful + inspired + towering?) or can it also come with additional mods?

Sampire suit makers lend me your expertise!

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Perhaps this question is better served in the craftsman forum?

Google "semmerset reforging". It should be the first result. Follow the chart.

booglerz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Perhaps this question is better served in the craftsman forum?

Google "semmerset reforging". It should be the first result. Follow the chart.
Most warriors have extensive knowledge of making their own suit, so I figured a specific sampire gear related question would work here, however, I will take your advice and look semmerset reforging up. (and also hope that some warriors chime in with their observations)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why plate and not studded for the extra lmc bonus?

With regards to the question:

Oak/Spined/Shadow runic:
Powerful Re-Forging
Grand Artifice
Inspired Artifice: Vicious/of Slaughter

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
With respect to weapons specials 53 LMC is functionally equivalent to 55, but you can wear 1 piece of metal and get even slightly more stam protection, you're better off. Marginally, perhaps, but in-arguably better.

Also, if you're running a longsword, for instance, and you're at close to max damage, avg damage from an AI should be ~180. Avg mana leeched is 180*.15 would then be 28.

If you're running wraith and leeching a guaranteed, say 20%, you can get by with even less LMC and even more stam protection, and still stay "ahead of the curve" for chained specials.

booglerz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Why plate and not studded for the extra lmc bonus?
I thought now-a-day plate was regarded as the best material out of which to craft a suit (most posts of the "my final samp suit" posts are plate, for more stam protection I guess?). I made my 2nd suit (current) out of studded, however it has a few flaws. I was going to make "my final samp suit" and thought plate + not messing stuff up would be the best option. If you have an argument as to why studded > or = plate I'm 100% on board to listen (I found it easier to make a studded suit than this plate one so far and would love to be convinced to make another studded one).

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I make all my sampire suits from studded mainly for the 55 lmc. I have to say I've never used plate so I can't really comment on the stamina loss protection. No actual figures or formulas have ever been released about this so I didn't buy into it when it was released with the armour revamp before.

All of my weapons have stamina leech and mana leech and my stamina hangs in there pretty well. I also run longswords for 210+ damage AI special moves. If my stamina does drop I just chug a refresh or cast divine fury to get it back up to maximum. I can pretty much chain back to back AI moves without any major problems so thats all I was aiming for.

When you say it had a few flaws what flaws where they?

booglerz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Some stats were'nt at max (due to over-imbueing resist, I wasn't paying attention to intensity) so lmc7 or mi 7 etc (only here and there, its still not bad). Does plate not still give LMC?

booglerz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Follow up, is this subject to the LMC cap of 40? (from the uo website "Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide a percentage which is still subject to the lower mana cost cap of 40.") so would it make sense to put +8 on all pieces if that slaps you over the 40 lmc cap?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
40 is the cap but if using plate or studded you can go over the cap to a max of 55 from 5 crafted parts.

So I use 5x crafted parts and mace n shield glasses for example.

booglerz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thats weird, the way I read it from the publish notes makes it sound like the additional LMC (hidden) is still subject to the LMC cap... Guess I'll go jump on TC to check real fast

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats weird, the way I read it from the publish notes makes it sound like the additional LMC (hidden) is still subject to the LMC cap... Guess I'll go jump on TC to check real fast
I play in the EC and it shows me at 55 but I'm not sure about classic.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
If you use swords then you better get stamina loss redaction from a metal armor. If you use fencing and do low damage there is a sense to get 55 LMC.

I use swords, I don't reforge HML and usually have enough mana.

most of time I use a 81 hml/81 hll axe or a 75 hml/75 hll bladed staff... and it is enough. I use reforging to get more useful mods like 100% elemental damage of HF.

I see some players that plays like it is 2010 even don't know about HFat... but it is much better then HLA.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Hit Fatigue is better than HLA?
Sure. Here is my video:
I killed UEV and got only 10 hits. It is just 3 hits per minute. It is very good against a monster with 125-130 wrestling.
Even against tough monster like Night Terror I get much better results with a 60 HFat, 80 HLL weapon than with a 100 HLL, 50 HLA weapon.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Mathematically, this makes sense. Bare Hands are speed 2. As you can see below, knocking something down to < 30 stam really slows down their swing speed, and therefore the chance that they might be able to hit you.

Lets assume that we're in the middle of a long battle against a boss, so at the start of a 10s window, the boss is already HLA'd, or HFat'd down to 0-30 stamina.

If I am against something with 120 wrestle and 0 HCI, and I have 45 DCI I will get hit 34% of the time, every 1.25s. Over 10s this is 8 swings so 2.7 "hits".
If I land HLA for -25HCI I will get hit 25% of the time every 1.25s. Over 10s this is 8 swings, with a best case scenario of 2 hits.
If I have HFat, this reduces swing speed to 2s. Over 10s this is 5 swings. 5*.34 = 1.7 hits.

Other common scenarios... refined to 75 resists, 20 only 20% DCI.
No effects: 41% hit chance, 8 swings = 3.2 hits/10s
HLA: 31% hit chance, 8 swings = 2.5 hits/10s
HFat: 41% hit chance, 5 swings = 2.1 hits/10s

70 DCI (so 65 resists)
No Effect: 29% hit chance, 8 swings = 2.3 hits/10s
HLA = 22% hit chance, 8 swings = 1.8 hits/10s
HFat = 29% hit chance, 5 swings = 1.5 hits/10s

Not that anyone runs it, but 0 DCI: (basically the same as 5%, which is All 75s + divine fury also.. I think it would drop the hit% by 2% each, so the hits/10s by .2)
No Effects: 50% hit chance, 8 swings = 4 hits/10s
HLA: 37% hit chance, 8 swings = 3 hits/10s
HFat: 50% hit chance, 5 swings = 2.5 hits/10s

Now, of course, none of this takes into account chance to block etc. Interestingly this is way off from 1 hit/ 20 sec that Corwin shows above, even with 40% chance to block you'd still expect to get hit 2x as often as he does. I assume the difference comes from the swing interrupting from hitting it so often.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
40 is the cap but if using plate or studded you can go over the cap to a max of 55 from 5 crafted parts.

So I use 5x crafted parts and mace n shield glasses for example.
I do the same but use blackthorn plate helm. (mace n shield) so i have one piece of plate for stam help..

But plate does look way better. Heh

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can't say I had much luck with hit fatigue against Corgul.
It never seemed to slow him down, whereas with HLA, I was getting hit less.

I will need to try it against Navrey next. I usually have my bard hitting her with HLA from a magicl short bow while my dexxer tanks her. Maybe hit fatigue will work better there.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't offer an opinion on HF or Corgul, but a mace weapon on Dread Horn was definitely a noticeable difference. With that and wraith form he was easy mode even pre-SA.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I can't say I had much luck with hit fatigue against Corgul.
It never seemed to slow him down, whereas with HLA, I was getting hit less.

I will need to try it against Navrey next. I usually have my bard hitting her with HLA from a magicl short bow while my dexxer tanks her. Maybe hit fatigue will work better there.
HFat effect depends on your damage so it doesn't help much for a bard.
I just have tried Navrey. During first 3 minutes of fight the lowest hp I had was 114/142... then another player came and casted EV... probably it helped but result was about the same - min = 110/137 (Against Navrey I use potions once per fight because after getting slowed by HFat it has zero chance to kill me while I am webbed).

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just have tried Navrey. During first 3 minutes of fight the lowest hp I had was 114/142... then another player came and casted EV... probably it helped but result was about the same - min = 110/137 (Against Navrey I use potions once per fight because after getting slowed by HFat it has zero chance to kill me while I am webbed).
My bard uses a 80% fire bow with spider slayer and hits her for an average of 95 dmg after I disco her.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
As to me HFat works very well against Corgul... at least I felt much better at melee range. Most damage came from its magery... and the best times were when it was trying to hit me in melee.
I can tank it (100 anatomy, 100 healing, 0 parrying, no swampy) until it unloads a set of heavy spells on me.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I decided to follow your advice and I made a nice broadsword with 60 HFat, 81 HML, 50 HSL, 40DI and 34(? however much room was left) HLA.

I did the Baracoon spawn today, and decided that he'd be a good opportunity to test out my new toy.

Firstly: one should always remember to take off one's conjuror's trinket and swap in something else when doing the 'coon spawn. It took me a minute to figure out why he was suddenly pounding me for 50/hit. He's still solo-able this way, but it certainly increases the degree of difficulty. :)

Secondly: After hitting him 20 or 30 times, he didn't seem to be swinging any slower. Then I noticed that I was getting spammed with the system message "You cannot use this effect while in this form." or something similar. Hmm. After watching my messages, I noticed that it was coming up approximately half of the time when I hit him. Just for testing, I swapped into a different weapon, and no more messages.

Hit Fatigue does NOT work while you are in Vamp form. I did not try any other forms.

EDIT: I did some more testing against masters in BT. Turns out that it seems that HFat works when you're in vamp form... it was something about Barracoon being transformed that did it, maybe.

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know you get that message from Baracoon because he is trying to turn you into a rat and you are in vamp form.

arthassp

Visitor
I still dont get it, why cant I add HCI +5 (I only get +4, and when I get +5 it comes with another property) on armor, ive spent so many spined runic kit and nothing yet.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I still dont get it, why cant I add HCI +5 (I only get +4, and when I get +5 it comes with another property) on armor, ive spent so many spined runic kit and nothing yet.
In my crafting, I have never gotten higher intensity bonuses with low level runic tools.

That is to say, unless I choose the highest option that makes the gear unrepairable.

Now, if I use the top end tools, I can get like 70% Hit fatigue or +5 Str and such. But I have to deal with unwanted additional mods, so that becomes a headache and a rather expensive one.

I also only ever got 1-4 hci/dci when trying to fill in that slot on armor with low end tools.

It's all just a factor of whether RNGesus is good to you or not.
(The God of random calculations.)

However, after time passed and I acquired more gear, I no longer needed hci/dci on armor, except on jewelry.

These days I pack on all those mods on jewels: 15/15/25 dci/hci/damage and get +skills and maybe a dex or int stat. Strength is pretty easy to come by on gear after you accumulate things.