• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging for +intelligence and +mana

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I want to make a training outfit which provides as much mana and intelligence as possible. I was starting with a shield orb and after a few tries with a shadow hammer thought I would ask here before burning through a bunch! So far when I have gotten +Intelligence or +mana on an item it hasn't been at max which I believe is +5 for intelligence and +10 for mana. I posted an image with what I currently have selected. Would other options increase the likelihood of getting higher amounts of these traits, even if brittle? Would using a higher-level hammer provide a better chance at getting a higher amount? I also plan on doing this with a full leather suit as well, unfortunately we can't select which traits we want.

Thanks for the help! Riner

1665753189556.png

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You should practice reforging runs on test shard with every new project, unlimited runic tools

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dont even need to make a char copy unless you want something that is not available on test shard. Just make a char there, set skills, go to royal city and make reforging there

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
oh how do you get the runic hammers? And can you get material to make items too?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Riner - You will likely have an easier time finding those mods on legendary gear (Look for Mystic of Wizardry or Arcane of Sorcery) which is pretty common now. These will give you more mods too like LRC/LMC. I'm not sure what shard you are on but ATL has these pieces pretty cheap which might be worth it instead of buying kits (assuming you need to) and the time it will take to get 10mana 5int pieces.

I have a few training suits made up of pieces all like this which maxes out mana (usually 100+ mana) while giving 100% LRC / 40% LMC / 24+ MR / all 70s resists

1666445377526.png

This is a random piece I just have laying around... some other pieces have higher LRC. Combine that with some antique jewels with max int/mana and 1/3 casting and you are well over 130 mana not including shield/tali/etc.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Agree with Keven2002.
On most shards you can find kind people who put loot from roof very cheap on vendors. Usually gear with In the , Mana , LMC and LRC is very cheap .

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The reason he's wanted to is irrelevant. a crafter should be able to make loot of the quality pictured...

mihali

Sage
The reason he's wanted to is irrelevant. a crafter should be able to make loot of the quality pictured...
Agree that a crafter may try to make apiece like this, but what the other posters noted correctly, there are legal shortcuts for less expense and time. Exactly what they posted is correct. VS is a great resource and worth knowing how to use. Lots of folk are using several legendaries or good found pieces, then close the gap by reforging/crafting/imbuing 2 additional pieces or so.
This game is based on doing legally what you please to do, as long as it is TOS compliant. Also the shortcuts. Sadly some folks resort to illegal shortcuts, and especially the multiclient ones that use Bots at events/hunts/resources that have a negative impact on the game in its entirety. Also sadly the administration does not have the tools or expertiese to handle the exploiters/cheaters so far in this year of technology 2022.
Once in a while you will hear a weak voice in the forum spilling the beans about the exploits, and multibaggers, but nothing is ever done about it, nothing meaningful anyways. Even the EJ effort has been exploited shamelessly making 5-8 Bots farming the same thing over and over again for weeks on end, preventing anyone else from farming that same thing in the same location, without any fear of real reprecussions such as losing an account.
Whew! what a long-winded post! Now that I said that I feel better!:coco:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Nope, I don't agree with you on this. Crafters can make some basic gear that will protect you and will give you some stats. Enough to go and play the game, kill monsters and earn better gear.
Or as @mihali mentioned close some gaps in your gear set.

Reactions: dvv

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nope, I don't agree with you on this. Crafters can make some basic gear that will protect you and will give you some stats. Enough to go and play the game, kill monsters and earn better gear.
Or as @mihali mentioned close some gaps in your gear set.
Do you make your fighting character to work as bank guard? Yet you want crafter to be a mundane worker simply repairing your equipment? Shouldn't they be legendary as well?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
My fighting characters start good with
+4 HP, 7Stam 7Mana 7 LMC valorite gear. + usually Bronzed armor of Valkyrie (cheap and wide available)
and 22 DI 7STR 7Dex 13 HCI 13DCI jewels.

Quite enough to have fun playing. Yes , Yes, I know there is better gear. But it's existence doesn't mean playing using crafted gear is not feasible. And when I start fresh on new shard , having only 2-5 mil gold from initial trade operations it is easy to find crafter to make such set. If no cheap legendary pieces on VS.
Sure you will not be able to solo Stygian Dragon , but doing blackthorn in a group or event to get piece of gear is feasible.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Do you make your fighting character to work as bank guard? Yet you want crafter to be a mundane worker simply repairing your equipment? Shouldn't they be legendary as well?
Yes we should be able to make ubber stuff but guess what we can't and UO refuses to upgrade Crafters to out former glory pre AoS. Please show us all the UBBER stuff you have crafted.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes we should be able to make ubber stuff but guess what we can't and UO refuses to upgrade Crafters to out former glory pre AoS. Please show us all the UBBER stuff you have crafted.
I didn't say i had although I've crafted plenty of sweet luck suits . There was a time crafters were kings and it needs to be fixed like i said would you make a fighter and have him work in the jelhome pits?