• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] reforging for clean 40 ssi

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have burnt through more than 500 charges of ash kits now and I have yet to get a single clean 40 ssi bow out of it. I have gotten plenty with 40 ssi + an additional mod (nothing I could use though).

Am I doing something wrong? I mean 500 charges, come on!

I used powerful reforging and animate/haste for 90% of those weapons.

Then I went back to re-read some threads about it and came across this one:

40% SSI?

In this thread semmerset seems to say that powerful reforging is not needed, so I tried the rest without powerful reforging and only animate/haste - without success.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My notes say Ash without power. I have a couple that I never used that had 40SSI and self repair (which drops off when imbuing). Its been over a year since I made any thought so maybe something has changed.

Remember, the UO RNG blows.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thanks. I'll keep going then...next 500 charges coming up....
this time I'll stick to not using powerful

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh boy I am through way over 1000 charges by now and all I got was one 40 ssi bow with 70/30 energy/physical damage...at least it's one that is useable *sigh*