• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging a shield

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still struggling with the finer details of reforging.

When I read the list of possible properties and intensities on uoguide, it seems like I should be able to reforge a shield with HCI and DCI each up to 20%. Which of course would be great for my paladin. Now I have already burned several gold and agapite hammer (can't choose vicious on verite and valorite hammers for some reason) and I did get DCI 20% on some, but HCI never went higher than 5%.

So my question is: am I doing anything wrong? And if so, what? Or is that combination simply not possible by reforging?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Shields cannot do HCI 20... only 5, same as armor (armor can only do DCI 5). Weapons can do HCI 20 via reforge.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info, now I know why that didn't work. Should probably correct that on uoguide.

Now I'm wondering if a reforged shield with 5% HCI is better for my paladin than the vesper museum order shield... Maybe a wooden one with another +5 from heartwood?!

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I suspect that the marginal value of 5 HCI on a shield is better used by other mods on said shield. It depends on what mods you need elsewhere, but...
5 HCI is 1/3 of a property on a jewel.
35 DI is 7/5 of a property on a jewel.
5 STAM on shield is pretty good.
10 SSI on shield is really good.

For a melee character I don't tend to think eater/soul charge is terribly useful on a PvM shield.

When I'm trying to make shields, I reforge with agapite: viscious/haste. My ideal roll on that: 5 HCI, 10 SSI, 30 DI.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My dream shield would run 30 soul charge, reactive paralyze , 25 di 15 dci and fc.... Is this possible to craft? If so what runic to reforge with one what setting? I noticed some things like fc can be imbued ....but there never seems to be room?? Is wood better then metal?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think that'd be possible, but it might be really really rare. I'm not sure, given that UOGuide and UOSS give different info on what title gives what. Near as I can see I *think* you want to go with Towering/Aegis which on shields should give you the chance for the soul charge and the reactive para, then you need Viscious/Slaughter to give you the DI.

I have no idea what the imbue weight of those new properties are, so it may be that even if you landed them, you don't have enough room left for imbuing the DCI and FC.

If you can get those 3 properties, I think you'd need a LBOD hammer(gold or bigger), unfortunately; with some small chance that bronze hammers could get you there.