• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Reforging 100% Elemental & Velocity on Throwing Weapons Questions

Kirvosh

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello! I am looking for advice on what kind of hammer I should be using to get 100% Elemental and Max Velocity on Throwing Weapons. I would also like to ask what is the max percentage for Velocity on a reforged weapon, such as a Soul Glaive? With my current knowledge I know that it is best to use a Shadow Hammer to mint out clean 100% Elemental blanks, but for this more advanced type of crafting I am still new to it. I have done some experiments with using a copper hammer with some decent results, but I wanted an expert to confirm what I am attempting to do or tell me that I need to use a higher hammer for what I am after. Thank you for your time in reading this!

Last edited:

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dull copper or shadow iron runics using Powerful and Of Quality options to get the elemental damage.

The highest you can get for velocity with runic reforging is 50% so you should probably just imbue that instead.

Kirvosh

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Dull copper or shadow iron runics using Powerful and Of Quality options to get the elemental damage.

The highest you can get for velocity with runic reforging is 50% so you should probably just imbue that instead.
Thank you for letting me know about the 50% part. I will have to unfortunately inform you that Velocity can not be imbued on Throwing Weapons, it is Reforge only.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you're not using luck weapons (IE reforging or imbuing with luck, then enhancing with gold), then you should be be able to wait until after all reforging, powdering and imbuing steps are done, then enhance partially elemental weapons with the appropriate metals.

100% Poison has to be reforged or found in the wild.

70% 1 element/30% physical weapons
Enhance 70% Fire with Bronze (works down to 60%/40%)
Enhance 70% Cold with Agapite

80% 1 element/20% physical weapons
80% cold can be enhanced with Shadow iron or Agapite for 100% cold.
80% energy can be enhanced with Copper or Verite for Energy.

Kirvosh

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If you're not using luck weapons (IE reforging or imbuing with luck, then enhancing with gold), then you should be be able to wait until after all reforging, powdering and imbuing steps are done, then enhance partially elemental weapons with the appropriate metals.

100% Poison has to be reforged or found in the wild.

70% 1 element/30% physical weapons
Enhance 70% Fire with Bronze (works down to 60%/40%)
Enhance 70% Cold with Agapite

80% 1 element/20% physical weapons
80% cold can be enhanced with Shadow iron or Agapite for 100% cold.
80% energy can be enhanced with Copper or Verite for Energy.
While I appreciate what your trying to do here, I really do, but your answer does not tell me what I wanted to know from the start. Which has me already field testing which hammer will yield the result of 50% Velocity with at least 70% Elemental so I can Enhance it to 100%. Which will give me the weapon I actually want. Your advice on which material for enhancing really does help though.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While I appreciate what your trying to do here, I really do, but your answer does not tell me what I wanted to know from the start. Which has me already field testing which hammer will yield the result of 50% Velocity with at least 70% Elemental so I can Enhance it to 100%. Which will give me the weapon I actually want. Your advice on which material for enhancing really does help though.
Copper hammer will give you the highest values for 2 properties but there’s a chance you’ll get 3 properties. You could try just shadow iron as it only gives 2 properties.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
If you are making soul glaive and plan to use it with chaining Armor Ignore you don't need elemental damage much. So make 50%Velocity and use color metal for elemental damage (30-40 will be enough to leech when you low on mana)
This will save you lots of nerves and runic hammers .
Do reforge 100% elemental + 50% velocity only when you are super rich and want to win UO