• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforged Weapons for Sampires

Zara

Adventurer
Hi,

Looking at Runic Reforging for Specific Properties – Ultima Online, it lists,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
100% mana leech
Reforging menu selection: Powerful + Vampire

Metal Weapons (Smith or Tinker)
Hammer – Copper
Achieving this property is also governed by the basic swing speed of the weapon type
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. So you can get 100% mana/life leech double axes with this, right?

2. If I choose powerful + vampire + animated/haste, is it possible to get a 100% life/mana leech double axe with 30% ssi using a copper hammer? If not what's the highest possible with ssi and leech when both are done using reforging (not imbue)?

3. If I choose powerful + vampire + Exquisite / of Quality, is it then possible to get a 100% leech double axe on a 100% elemental weapon like 100% fire (again using a copper hammer)? If this isn't possible, is there any other combination to get this with another hammer?

4. What other combinations do you personally go for with your double axes using reforging?

Thanks!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I typically have atleast one or two 100% Leach axes with physical damage, plus full set of 100% elemental damage weapons. Very difficult to get both 100% Leach and 100% elemental damage. The amount of time and effort it takes to get one, that also has no other strange or useless properties, is not typically worth the incremental gain. If playing with a sampire, having the Leach on there is a nice boost - whether its 50% or 100% - but probably won't be enough to save you if your mechanics are lacking.

I have a couple of Hit Area 70% weapons which is over the imbue cap which are nice. I'd have to retrace my steps on how to make them. I also have a couple axes with Fatigue on them, which I believe can only be achieved with reforging and is not an otherwise imuable property. Those are probably the only other notable reforge properties I value .

Let us know how your crafting turns out!

Zara

Adventurer
I typically have atleast one or two 100% Leach axes with physical damage, plus full set of 100% elemental damage weapons. Very difficult to get both 100% Leach and 100% elemental damage. The amount of time and effort it takes to get one, that also has no other strange or useless properties, is not typically worth the incremental gain. If playing with a sampire, having the Leach on there is a nice boost - whether its 50% or 100% - but probably won't be enough to save you if your mechanics are lacking.

I have a couple of Hit Area 70% weapons which is over the imbue cap which are nice. I'd have to retrace my steps on how to make them. I also have a couple axes with Fatigue on them, which I believe can only be achieved with reforging and is not an otherwise imuable property. Those are probably the only other notable reforge properties I value .

Let us know how your crafting turns out!
I've only done reforging for 100% elemental weapons using that link from uo.com
--------------------------------------------
100% Elemental Damage
Reforging menu selection: Powerful + Quality for all material types
--------------------------------------------
Using shadow and dull copper (with enhancing), I get 100% but it take sometimes a lot of tries. But I love them with onslaught. But then I'm limited in mana and life leech being 81% with imbuing and less if I add ssi to it. I think with 30% ssi (which is what I need for 1.25 under all conditions including curse), it drops down to 62% leeching. It works good, but I'd definitely benefit from high leeches.

Plus I'd love to have some 100% leech weapons to try out the Dragoon idea better and to be a little different.

Do you make your 100% leech weapons using uo.com copper hammer with powerful + vampire? If I understand right, if you imbue ssi afterwards to a 100% leech weapon, it drops down to the high 70s like 77% or something I think? If that's true, that's still much nicer than 62% with imbuing alone. But I was also curious if you can reforge for both, ssi and 100% using copper hammer with powerful + vampire + animated/haste? Have you ever tried that? I'm curious if both are reforged at once if you can have both 100% with say 30% ssi.

And you said it is possible to get both 100% leech with 100% elemental, but very difficult because of the extra mods? Do you remember what combo you used to try for it? I was guessing copper hammer with powerful + vampire+ quality. I made that guess based on uo.com link to get each by themselves...but 100% elemental is with shadow...but I'd assume it would be the same with copper?

I was thinking about hit area! :) Is it pretty noticeable having it at 70% versus 50%?

The link from uo.com doesn't say how to get it....UOguide mentions vicious/slaughter to get it. But doesn't give more info. I'd love to know what hammer I need and if it needs powerful. Would be nice if it was copper hammer to try out other combos like 100% leech with 70% area.

I'd like to try out fatigue too. If you do WW with fatigue, I assume all creatures are hit with it? It seems it spawns with vampire setting too so when going for leeches you got a chance of it coming up as well.?