• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforge 100% H(L or M)L and 100% elemental

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Now that we swordsman can use onslaught, it's ever more important to have a weapon that is tuned to the proper elemental damage type for the monster you're facing.

In this vein, I thought that I'd see if I could reforge a double axe with 100 HML and Elemental damage.

My logic goes a bit like this: If a copper hammer can give 133% of the cap for the leech (can get 100% 3.0s weapons that would normally cap at 75), but for a 3.25 I only need 124% it should be doable.

My first attempt was with bronze hammers Powerful + Title 1 as Vampire + Title 2 as Exquisite.

After 100 attempts on TC results were NOT good. I got only a few with overcapped on Hit Leech, but sadly the mods it picked up from the Exquisite/Quality title were some things that aren't useful.

As I see it, there's 2 problems. One seems to be one of degree. The only overcapped I got was 96, not 100. Which makes a certain amount of sense, its like it can overcap by either 16% or 33%, but not 25%. I've seen this type of thing happen under more normal circumstances too when trying to only get 100 hit leech. It would seem, then, that I'd need to use a 3.5s or slower weapon to get where I want to go.

The other seems to be one of rarity. Lets say that the chance to get the overcapped Hit Leech is 1 in 10. Lets also say that the chance to get ANY elemental damage is 1 in 5. My logic, which seems to be supported by my testing, seems to be that then the chance to get overcapped Hit Leech + Elemental Damage is 1 in 50. Since I am using 6 charges per attempt (1 + 1 for Powerful + 2 for title 1 + 2 for title 2) this means that I could expect to use - in the best case scenario - about 9 hammers per weapon. This doesn't even take into account that it might land on the "wrong" leech, or a non-useful elemental damage, or come with some other non-sense property that won't go away when you imbue (getting Self Repair, or I think Durability is OK since these will get removed when you reforge - but who wants to waste a property on Lower Requirements?).

Seems like a folly to even try.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought about this for a while and you're right here. I don't think its worth trying to craft a weapon with 100% elemental dmg plus 100 hll or hml: There are alternatives though:

1st. One can craft weapons with intensity 132 in hll (or hml) plus 70% elemental dmg (cold or fire) and then enhance with bronze (fire) and adapite (cold). A 3,25 speed weapon (e.g. Double axe would give you 96 hll /hml)

2nd. Just craft 100% elemental weapons with no overcapped hll or hml and imbue them because i think using doublestrike you wont need that. Lets make an example:

The formula for the amount of life leeched is:
(Dmg done) x (% hll value) x 30 % = 0 - X amount leeched.

Lets assume you hit with 200 per strike and both strikes hit so we have 200/200
With 100 hll we leech 200 x 1 x 0,3 = 0 - 60 per hit so (0 - 60) + (0 - 60)
With 81 hll we leech 200 x 0,81 x 0,3 = 0 - 48,6 per hit (0 - 48,6) + (0 - 48,6)

I think this is more than enough for most encounters. Overcapped hll or hml is more of an issue with AI Weapons because you only hit once. But there is no need for 100% elemental dmg

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think you're right that if you're going to run Onslaught and DS, then having the right elemental damage is more important that having 100 H Leech.

For mana leech, you're almost surely OK with 81 in any scenario where you're landing 100+ damage per swing. Because HML leeches more than HLL at the same value, and mana usage is much more predictable.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was always very comfortable with the amount of mana or health i leeched from double strikes. With my build (bushido paladin) i never had mana issues spammin ds with 81hml if i do enough dmg. And imo the same counts for hll. It was always betterthan fighting with an AI weapon.

But its important to mention that this swingtimer reset that should "balance" things makes CW nearly useless although i still have no idea what should have been balanced here (i read most posts and still i cant find an answer). I am glad that this might be a way to still make this build viable with running onslaught.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hit mana works OK if you have about 70+ mana and 100% leech on a longsword to keep up without much issue. Logically, 81 HML if you're doing 80 per hit on a DS would be plenty, as long as you've got 60 or so mana, I'd think.