• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Refining question

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I used refinements of hardening to ensure I got two resists raised. Unfortunately, I got three resists raised on a couple of pieces of equipment, If I use of hardening again is there a chance that I may end up with only 2 raised resists and loose the third?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I used refinements of hardening to ensure I got two resists raised. Unfortunately, I got three resists raised on a couple of pieces of equipment, If I use of hardening again is there a chance that I may end up with only 2 raised resists and loose the third?
chance that you will get one more resist is stated on the refinement menu gump.
Only of defence gives you one solid point.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I understand that there was a chance I was asking if I could refine it again - still having a chance to get three but also would I have a chance to get two?

I would try it myself but don't have any refinements currently.

I may have found the answer according to the UO wiki armor refinement page. " It is possible to re-refine a piece of armor, overwriting the previously used refinement. " That would lead me to believe that using hardening again would give me a chance at only getting two resists not three.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I understand that there was a chance I was asking if I could refine it again - still having a chance to get three but also would I have a chance to get two?

I would try it myself but don't have any refinements currently.

I may have found the answer according to the UO wiki armor refinement page. " It is possible to re-refine a piece of armor, overwriting the previously used refinement. " That would lead me to believe that using hardening again would give me a chance at only getting two resists not three.
yes, you can re-refine it. With reinforced or deflecting as many times as you wish.