• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Refinements- Reinforce or Deflecting

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So after reading some posts I've been contemplating adjusting my suit.

I have a few questions though. I noticed most that use refinements use reinforced ones. Is that 5% extra resist that much better than a classic sampire suit setup? Also why not max out dci? That combined with 120 parry seems like it would be quite useful against heavier hitting critters.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm glad you posted this. Refinements confuse me. After building some pets with my tamer, I see the benefit of 75 resist over 70 (since there is no DCI on pets). However, I don't understand how refinements work. I think it makes sense to trade DCI for added resists especially when you have 120 parry, or on a character that fights magical mobs often. For pets, we tell folks that the most important resists in order are physical, fire, energy, poison then cold. I suspect the same logic makes sense for warriors. I think I'd like to try a setup with 75/75/70/70/75. Of course, I don't understand if I can surgically pick resists to trade up, or if application of the refinement is random. If that is the case, we might as well try to max them all out at 75/75/75/75/75. Elves get the benefit of having a cap of +5 for their energy resist.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Sampire (that's an Elf) runs 75/75/70/70/80 for Resist caps. There's a 20% damage difference between 70 Resist, and 75, which is actually huge in terms of Effective Health. For example, a 100 damage hit, would hit for 30 damage against 70 Resist. It would hit for 25 against a 75 Resist. 30 is 20% more than 25.
Definitely worth it, especially considering there's some big damage sources (Dragon Breath) that aren't affected by DCI at all.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Raising dci to 50 and lower energy to 70 on an ELF, can be worth it if you do champs in fel.
Doesn't have huge impact on the spawn, but it sure does help when all the angry kids raids you.