• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Refinement questions

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
What slots can be refined to raise resists and what's the max I can raise them for an elf?

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Thanks for the link but having read that I can't find where it lists either the slots which can be refined or what makes elves max 80 unless it's just referring to energy?

Thanks again

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The way I understand refinements, max possible should be 5 above current cap, so 75 for physical, fire, cold, poison. For energy, it should be 75 for human/gargoyle and 80 for elf.
I’ve only recently jumped into the refinements waters, but with a gargoyle thrower. It took a little effort and more gold then I wanted to spend but I was able to get a suit to all 75 resists.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can only use non medable armor.
Each resist can go up to 5 higher.
Each piece can get 1 increase per resist.
You can't use invulnerable and do 5 on one resist.
You can refine a piece over and over. It resets the piece and re refines it.
You can not remove all the refinements once done.
You can not refine transmoged items.
You can not transmog a refined item.
Use the amalgamator to increase the value of a refinement.

I only chose to put on 3 per piece. Physical, Fire, and Energy on my melee toon.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
So any piece that is non-medable and not transmogrified can be refined? Character max is plus 5 from any combination of armor? Do I get to pick what resists rise or is it random?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So any piece that is non-medable and not transmogrified can be refined? Character max is plus 5 from any combination of armor? Do I get to pick what resists rise or is it random?
Yes you can do any valid armor.

Yes you can only increase a specific resist by 5. Getting +5 on a resist requires 5 pieces of armor.

You choose but some refinements do 2 or 3 etc. so you get the first two you choose and maybe the third one. So that's why its good that you can do them again to try for all 3.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Riner, just understand, the refiniment dont raise resistances of the particular armor piece, they raise your char resistances allowable cap. The picture with armor above is confusing. You still need to have enough resistances on the pieces of armor cover added caps