• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Referendum: Minoc Trade Deal

Minoc's trade deal should be:

• +1 resist bump

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • +3 dexterity bonus (current offering)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5% bandage healing bonus

• +2 hit point regeneration

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • +2 mana regeneration

• +3 strength bonus

• +3 intelligence bonus

• +5 Hit Chance Increase

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • We disagree with Otto - duplicate one of the other towns! (write preference below)

• Rotate through every deal in turn, changing regularly.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail, good citizens of Minoc, and those who we hope to welcome as new citizens of Minoc!

As I have already said, Minoc in a unique gem in the crown of our lands, and as such, I do not wish to simply offer a trade deal "because everyone else is doing it".

So, I offer you the following poll. I still intend to be found in the governor's office from time to time, to discuss town matters, but this seemed the quickest way to determine public opinion.

So, here are the current offerings which are not currently available in other towns or cities.
Please let me know your thoughts!

I hope to give you your new (or existing!) trade deal for Christmas!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The ones of my sisters who are Citizen of Minoc are both crafters so they never use the trade deal, so I won't vote

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
They need something for crafters, like a + something bonus chance of what your making no matter what the craft is. Can you get us aprons for all the crafts Otto?

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will most certainly put the suggestion to the king as soon as I can find the miserable miscreant.
With each day that goes by, I think Kelmo would make a better king than Blackthorn.
He would find it exceptionally hard to be worse.

There are two ideas that I have long held for crafters, but no matter which of the powers that be I petition, nothing has happened...yet.
My first idea is mentoring. A fully trained crafter, in any craft, should be able to take on up to three apprentices at a time.
When those apprentices train within line of sight of their mentor, they should gain skill at an accelerated rate.
Not terribly long after I first suggested this, they introduced pink and blue scrolls instead. Miscreants!

My second idea is to introduce teamwork amongst crafters. This would allow two crafters of lower skill to achieve creations of greater skill.
It would also allow masters of their craft to achieve greatness that they could not normally achieve. Somewhat like a spellweaving circle.
In addition to this, it would allow combining of crafts - again, allowing the crafting of things that no one crafter, no matter what his skill combinations, could achieve.
The possibilities are endless - and yet, my suggestions fall on deaf ears. But I shall not be deterred!!!

But, in the meantime, I shall also petition for a trade deal that benefits crafters.
If anyone sees that brigand Blackthorn, pray, trip him up for me and sit on him until I can get there!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
There are no less than 4 King Blackthorns in the Blackthorn castle. Take a look... I mean... ummm... yeah.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I kept bumping into the same person over and over the last time I was there. Most strange.Perhaps he is a ninja?
*ahem*
Having giving the crafting aspect more thought, it does occur to me that at least one buff does help crafters, although in a very small way.
The intelligence bonus is surely of some help to scribes? Slightly more mana while scribing scrolls?
In any case, I shall track down at least one Blackthorn, and nail our demands to his shield!
(at least, I hope he's holding a shield, otherwise my next title will be Blind Otto, the Regicide)

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that the citizens of Minoc were all enjoying the festive swimming pool full of fine Minocan Ale that I had wheeled in for the festive period, and forgot to vote.
No matter. If there is enough demand, I will re-open the polls at a future date.

For now, the rather limited vote seems to be tied between the current system of +3 dexterity, and a change to +5 Hit Chance Increase.

With that in mind, I will take all votes for those two to be votes for the last option. In other words, I will regularly (as memory permits!) rotate between the two.
For the moment, it will remain on the +3 dex. I will make the first change towards the end of January.

Merry Christmas to all Citizens of Minoc, and may your festivities be as memorable as the ale allows!

King-elect Kelmo, I look forward (as well as a blind man can!) to your first call to arms, and the slaying of at least 3 of the 4 Blackthorns.
(We can always keep one around for a full, legal trial. This will help the economy, especially tomato farmers.)

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tis quality, not quantity. Technically, 9, since I withheld my vote as a tie-breaker.
But, good people of Siege! Here is your chance! You can say with pride, "I was one of the first dozen citizens of Minoc!"
Don't let this opportunity slip past! Pledge yourself to this fine town with a noble tradition of hard work, honest ale, and sharp picks!
Come, visit our town stone! Feel that quality workmanship! See what you've been missing!

*looks hopeful*

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would consider it, but the recently elected Governor has a history of leaving for years at a time. ;-)

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well sir, as you are considering it, I say, let my actions during my time in office speak for me.
Plans are afoot - I simply need to work out the finer details.
It would also help if that misbegotten king would show himself.
(No, not you Kelmo. We know where to find YOU!)