• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Redesign ?'s

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have an 18x18 that has a teleporter that allows you to use going up but coming down you cant get to tele tile, this I believe is due to it being next to a curved wall. My ? is to redesign and move this tile, what items in the house should I worry about returning to original spot. I have several chopped tables and If I remember correct I need to relock them down before going into customize mode. I was hoping I could get advise on anything else that might happen before I do this. example....I have raised area with rug and thrones ontop of raised gozas..will they go back?,and if I want to totally redo my second floor should I bag up all items on 2nd floor before redesign or will they just go to moving crate? Any tips on this will help take the edge off of me finally commiting to fixing this broken roof teleporter. Thanks

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
goza redeed themselves no matter what you do, you'll find them in the moving crate

any of the elf furniture deeded items will need to be axed or you'll get a message about it when you attempt construction, same with fountain of life (the one that gives enhanced bandies) I think... not sure about the Lord British throne replica, but it seems likely

I have never gone into construct mode with chopped tables so that part I don't know about

a bit annoying that the commit of the design didn't give a warning about that teleport tile.... you'd think the program would have been smart enough to know that it was not a 'walkable' tile

also, on the second floor redesign, the things that go into the moving crate are only things that you place a wall or similar over.... anything that is still in an open spot will remain put

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and if I want to totally redo my second floor should I bag up all items on 2nd floor before redesign or will they just go to moving crate?
If they are locked down then they will just stay where they are when you enter custom mode.

If you enter custom mode and the items are not locked down, then they *should* all get kicked out of the house and appear under the sign. However this has not always worked. There is a thread about this and someone loosing all there stuff doing this.

I only found things that were "illegally placed" in my house would go into the moving crate when I went into custom mode. Not other stuff.

GOLDEN RULE: Anything valuable stick in the bank or in your backpack.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and if I want to totally redo my second floor should I bag up all items on 2nd floor before redesign or will they just go to moving crate?
If they are locked down then they will just stay where they are when you enter custom mode.

If you enter custom mode and the items are not locked down, then they *should* all get kicked out of the house and appear under the sign. However this has not always worked. There is a thread about this and someone loosing all there stuff doing this.

I only found things that were "illegally placed" in my house would go into the moving crate when I went into custom mode. Not other stuff.

GOLDEN RULE: Anything valuable stick in the bank or in your backpack.

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to say thanks for all the help!! and also a responce to Devils own on the teleporter, odd thing is that this tele worked for quite some time, all of a sudden it stopped. Other advise that I got in the past was that an object on a lower floor would block use sometimes. I checked and moved everything even close to no avail. So I must redesign. I know that chopped tables must all be relocked down before a redesign just for anybody else with this ? I will post any wierd results after I get the nerve to do this. The singing ball and medusa floor tile are allready in the bank :>)