• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Redesign, add-on disappeared?

• Thread starter HellaFarris
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
H

HellaFarris

Hi,

I just redesigned my house, I moved some walls around and forgot about a flaming head vet reward add-on that I had placed.

After moving the walls and commiting the design the flaming head was floating in the middle of the room - I tried to use a hatchet on it, but it would not redeed, 'I know' I though in a spark of inspiration, I'll redesign the house and put a wall behind it - perhaps that will allow me to redeed it......

I redesigned again - placed a wall behind the flaming head, commited and..... the head is gone..... ???

There's no moving crate option on the menu so it's not in there - it's not on the floor under the house sign - has anyone experienced this? how do I get my flaming head back?

thanks,

Headless Hella.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
poopy :( best advice, page for GM, telling that you suspect an item under foundation... did that one time when frantically looking for a chest of old tagged shipwreck items, got to watch a GM sink into the floor looking for the stuff :)

wish I had another answer for you, I know how dreaded the word 'page' is for folks

H

HellaFarris

No worries thanks for the confirmation - I thought it would probably only be something a GM could look into - 10th in the queue and waiting.......... I suspect it'll be a long evening

H

HellaFarris

Oh man, waited until now, been 11th in the queue. Then got a canned response about not being able to replace lost items....... resent the tickt - explaining again that I just want it raised from under the foundations - and I'm 16th in the queue now!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya know, didn't occur to me until much later to say "don't use the word LOST in your page"

it's not lost, it's somewhere out of reach.... maybe

good luck to ya!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you actually spot it under the foundation? I've never heard of this happening with a flaming head. However they are notorious for *poofing* when going into custom mode. I'm sorry to say that is most likely what happened here.

H

HellaFarris

DevilsOwn: Yeah I was careful not to say lost - I'd remembered that from advice I had before - but I did say 'missing', :(

Sarsmi: Really? so it's probably gone gone? CTRL-SHIFT shows nothing, I'll be gutted if I can't get it back - I only found it in the depths of my bank box (from a loooong break) today ans was very chuffed with it :(

Edit: Just found this:

<snip>
Bug: "We have identified an issue where if you customize a home with a Flaming skull Veteran Reward placed on the walls, and you make changes to the area where the reward is hanging, there is a chance that the flaming skull will be lost. We recommend re-deeding house add-ons manually before customizing the house.
<snip>

So I guess that's it for that then :( bummer.

M

Marikar

Sorry you lost your flaming head deed. I have mine in storage afraid to use it. I lost my Compassion virtue tile also from going into custom mode, really sucks because it was my only one.
I also keep losing my flour mill if I do not redeed that one first before going into customization mode. I was wondering if anyone else experienced that as well?

H

HellaFarris

I seem to have another odd issue, first a point of note - I'm a recent returner who downloaded the clients (both 2d and enhanced) from the UO official website.

The Enhanced client can sometimes act a little strange when I'm in house customization, so I fired up the 2d client - it has a Mondain's Legacy splash screen on loading - that might be relevant. When I got into house customisation, I have no button for adding teleporters? I've clicked just about everything - but nope - not teleporter placing button.

No worries I thought - I'll design the house - save it - fire up the Enhanced client and drop the teleporters using that one........ other than the fact that the enhanced client won't let me save the house due to it being structurally unsound, which is clearly isn't when using the 2d client......... help!

How can I place my teleporters?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they moved them in the menu..... can't remember where, hang on....

miscellaneous, second page (in 2D, no clue about enhanced)

and I've never tried to customize with enhanced, too many reports of 'illegal' when in 2D it is not

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always have trouble re-deeding items, because usually my house owner is too young to use it, so i friend or co-owner a char old enough to do it for me. Sometimes i can't re-deed them at all with the char that placed it, sometimes I can re-deed half of them, sometimes i've no troubles at all. Banner and flaming heads are my biggest problems. I just kindly state how house owner can't, the older char placing it can't, and could they please come and re-deed for me?

3 times now over the years and they always re-deed for me. Just yesterday a GM had to re-deed 6 items for me, plus found an extra head behind another (thought i lost it whoo hoo)