• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Server Birth red top mushroom.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
These were also created in mass when the elf city opened. There was an exploit of some kind, probably stacking related where they lost their name and blessed status.

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People tell me stuff like this all the time, I don't believe half of it. When I carry something around for years and years and don't see 100s of them on vendors all over, I read posts like this and almost immediately disregard them. There may be some truth in it, or none at all. Either way, I haven't seen one available for a long time. I don't see any on vendor safes, or on vendors.
I appreciate the post though, nothing like tryin to screw somebodies sales around right? :thumbup:

a wizard

Journeyman
No more a server birth than empty fruit baskets, unfortunately. They actively spawn in dungeons, covetous is one that comes to mind off the top of my head, and are locked down but periodically you can find one that has spawned janky enough that it can be unlocked by placing something under it and removing it. Cool piece of deco nonetheless.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I would say that Ruby was just informing you of something important and protecting the community by sharing that info. I seriously doubt the point was to screw your sale around.

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stand by my post. I've had this item for years and I know full well what it is.

Would be like me going into trade and posting on a jewel saying something like, I get mass amounts of those in Isamu-Jima, not worth anything.
Instead of pm'ing the player and letting them know my thoughts on their item, or supplying some kind of evidence that their item was worthless.

I remember when heartwood first opened, People were running around like crazy collecting the blessed red topped mushrooms. The server birth mushrooms that were worth TONS plummeted in prices.
I dont remember mass amounts of Unblessed mushrooms flooding the market. I believe Ruby has picked up on a rumor and not a fact.

So I guess the question to ask is when was the elf city released? (Mondains Legacy?)
I think 2005-2006?

When I search mushroom on these forums I get tons of pages. After several pages I found four mentions of the Mushroom.

1.) BrianFreud's rare auction 2016,
Rares Fest - Silent and Traders House Auctions Rules/Summary - Reminder: Traders Auctions end tonight (Friday)!

Not a single person mentions this MASS reproduction of the item.
Im curious as to why, Surely four years ago ONE* of these rare collectors would have known about this MASS reproduction/worthlessness of the item.

2.) Player selling same item 2016, No mention of the mass reproduction.

3.) Another rares collector buying server births purchased one in 2019, No mention of mass reproduction.

When I search for mushroom exploits, dupes, bugs etc. (On forums and Google) I come up empty handed.
The closest thing I came to was two people mentioning a mass reproduction bug in fourteen years, one of those people is Ruby. (I'm not targeting Ruby, That's just what it is.)
4.) [Discussion] - Mushroom

When I search Ultima Online Mushroom, or Ultima Online Server Birth Mushroom on Google, I find links to forums, player run servers, and these:

---
No more a server birth than empty fruit baskets, unfortunately. They actively spawn in dungeons, covetous is one that comes to mind off the top of my head, and are locked down but periodically you can find one that has spawned janky enough that it can be unlocked by placing something under it and removing it. Cool piece of deco nonetheless.
---

I have found links on Google that say this as well, those links belong to player run servers like this one:

I have not found any supporting evidence of your claim or Ruby's for that matter and again, I stand by my post. =/

Last edited:

a wizard

Journeyman
A quick trip into Covetous:
1584784097096.png

And then a screen shot from the 11th of August 1997, http://www.alhem.net/image/uo/sh0025.jpg

These items weren't serverbirths, they are naturally spawning food sources found in the depths of dungeons. Are they common? Nope, but they are long forgotten as people don't run dungeons the way they used to back then.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I owned several of these over the years. I stand by my statement as well. There are server birth mushrooms and non server birth mushrooms. Both have the exact same tag. I have 2 or 3 of them on one of my accounts. I am not saying that yours is not a server birth. I was just saying that they were able to be acquired by other means after server birth. And I was not trying to hurt your sale. These still have value.

(this nest part is speaking in broad terms about rares in general)
There are a lot of rares out there that were originally only server birth. Some of them were created by exploits, some were available during invasions and shard wide ARCs. I have played off and on since beta. I have been collecting rares since the beginning. Recently I was informed of a couple of items that were originally server birth items that spawned during an event and were obtainable. One was tarot cards which supposedly spawned during a Trinsic invasion. The other was a Bamboo Stool that was obtainable during the Ricardo ARC. Though I have not been able to verify either, the person who told me had no reason to lie or make it up.

Duping is also a thing that does not always devalue rares. Everyone knows that certain items were duped heavily. And yet, many people have no issue paying full high prices for them. I am sure no one needs a list of those items.

Sorry for hijacking your thread. I just want you to know I had no malice in my reply to your post.

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A quick trip into Covetous:
View attachment 106629

And then a screen shot from the 11th of August 1997, http://www.alhem.net/image/uo/sh0025.jpg

These items weren't serverbirths, they are naturally spawning food sources found in the depths of dungeons. Are they common? Nope, but they are long forgotten as people don't run dungeons the way they used to back then.
I don't understand the point of this, what exactly is this showing? You can eat the mushrooms in cove? They have always been edible.
sh0025.jpg
& what do you mean they were not server births? Are you serious?

I just took a quick trip into Cove and tried to pick up every mushroom I could find. Every single one. I wasn't able to, not a surprise.
Its been this way for YEARS, hence why I carried this server birth* mushroom around for YEARS, Lol.

Screenshots:

wdf.png

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I owned several of these over the years. I stand by my statement as well. There are server birth mushrooms and non server birth mushrooms. Both have the exact same tag. I have 2 or 3 of them on one of my accounts. I am not saying that yours is not a server birth. I was just saying that they were able to be acquired by other means after server birth. And I was not trying to hurt your sale. These still have value.

(this nest part is speaking in broad terms about rares in general)
There are a lot of rares out there that were originally only server birth. Some of them were created by exploits, some were available during invasions and shard wide ARCs. I have played off and on since beta. I have been collecting rares since the beginning. Recently I was informed of a couple of items that were originally server birth items that spawned during an event and were obtainable. One was tarot cards which supposedly spawned during a Trinsic invasion. The other was a Bamboo Stool that was obtainable during the Ricardo ARC. Though I have not been able to verify either, the person who told me had no reason to lie or make it up.

Duping is also a thing that does not always devalue rares. Everyone knows that certain items were duped heavily. And yet, many people have no issue paying full high prices for them. I am sure no one needs a list of those items.

Sorry for hijacking your thread. I just want you to know I had no malice in my reply to your post.
I had a large collection of sbs until they began reusing the graphics on other items, at which point I decided to sell and stop collecting. Still have some but most of my sbs are long gone.

I have also played since alpha testing. =p Still remember Lord Brit with his Goldilocks blonde hair and half his chest missing with his yellow maul.
I also still have my black n white beta disc, and other uo junk (cloth map etc.)
I see them for sale for quite a bit on ebay but never see any actual bids or sales. :sad4:

a wizard

Journeyman
Idk man, maybe be less salty and learn to read.
They actively spawn in dungeons, covetous is one that comes to mind off the top of my head, and are locked down but periodically you can find one that has spawned janky enough that it can be unlocked by placing something under it and removing it.
The old picture was showing you that they've spawned forever. There is also an interview of the old developers where they go into detail about the ecosystem they were attempting to create but failed and listing the importance of food in old Ultimas, how they attempted to reproduce it in UO and specifically stated mushrooms being an edible that spawned in dark, dank caves/dungeons.

I get it, you've had it forever, it's special to you in that regard and you don't want it invalidated or else all that time you've had it would be pointless. And it is a cool item. Take it to TC and see if it can be eaten, if not then it's different than the dungeon ones.

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can respect Ruby's opinions on this topic even if I do not agree with them. Your opinions on the other hand I don't respect.

You told me "No more a server birth than empty fruit baskets, unfortunately."
So go grab me some. Go get a few and post a pic of them in your bag for us to see.
Make a youtube video :popcorn: with your favorite song and some text bashing my name, and zoom in on the backpack with all your "janky" mushrooms.

I don't think you can because I don't think you have any real idea of what you're talking about and this is the reason for my "saltiness".

It doesn't matter how long I have had it, or if someone tries to invalidate it, or if it can be eaten or not (Which it can.) They always could be because it is no different from the ones on the dungeon floors EXCEPT for the fact that IT IS MOVABLE. Where as all the ones on the dungeon floors CANNOT BE PICKED UP, OR MOVED.

"periodically you can find one that has spawned janky enough that it can be unlocked by placing something under it and removing it."
:lie:

Every single mushroom in every dungeon since every server birth has spawned directly on the cave floor.
The Blessed Mini mushrooms in heartwood spawn directly on the floor.
The Chaga mushrooms in Tomb of Kings spawn directly on the floor.
All the mushrooms in the Mushroom Cave spawn directly on the floor.
They do not, nor have they ever spawned stacked on top of each other, floating in the air, or on tables in yew.
(If I am wrong on this, please do make that video or post some screenshots proving me otherwise.)

I read perfectly fine, thx. Do you understand what a server birth rare is? I don't think you do.
Maybe educate yourself on the subject before you start posting BS. No one likes a liar.

:next: