• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Red Puzzle game extended.

G

Parizad announced the extention of the Red puzzle game until Monday morning’s maintenance on the Blog, yesterday. She also announce a Street Fair at Town Hall for today, to help with exchanges. Link

The question of getting cards as a reward for using the ATM is confirmed, as well as the one concerning how many lava lamps could be earned:

<blockquote><hr>

Parizad said,

on March 4th, 2008 at 6:21 pm

Dogsoffour said,

What if I buy an extra pair and put in on a non-oldest sim, then would they get a lava lamp?

Lava lamps will be given to the characters that play the Groovy Lava Lamp game. So it goes by each character, not account

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the game is extended until Monday, and will be followed by the next phase of the game, on Wednesday, I am going to ask that all *discussion* about Red Card game, be kept in this thread.

All exchange inquires should be redirected to <font color="blue">Swap Meet/Garage Sale Forum</font> or the in-game events (Street Fair).

<font color="darkred">All new posts/threads on the subject of exchanges, will be pulled. So if you want to increase your chances of getting a match up, please place your card numbers in the Swap Meet Forum.</font>

Getting purple cards? Link.

G

Cool that there extending the game but my question is this...All my matches were removed from my lots today and i was given certificates...all except for one of my sims who has 4 matches on her lot. How come they didnt take this one too? Actually my one sim has 4 sets and my roomies sim has one set but they werent taken and replaced with certificates and im wondering why?

M

MrMiagi

I have a question, can I receive two lava lamps on the same one character if I complete each competition twice on that one character?

Actually a second question also, since i've already got two lava lamp completion cards on one character, if I can't receive the lamp twice on one character can I give this lava lamp completion card to another character on my account to receive the lamp? Even though it was another character that received them in the first place.

G

They will be taking the completed sets and replacing them with the certificates all week long.

I do not know in what order or by what criteria they are working thru the lots, sorry.

You might try posting that question on the Blog.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Every morning, our database will sweep your character and see if you have a matching pair. If you do, then it will replace it with a Red Completion Certificate for completing the red piece of the game. In our database, we know which characters played the red puzzle piece game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I interprete this to mean, that who ever played the cards is the only one that can use the certificate.

The certificate only puts the red color into your lava lamp. The next game will be for the orange color.

M

MrMiagi

Do you get anything different if you complete a pair of rare cards? If you don't then what's the point of them? Since them being rare means you have a decreased chance of making the pair, if you still got the same reward, well, wouldn't that be a bit odd?

Which ones are the rare ones anyway?

B

bitbok

Will the cities that haven't merged like Fancy Fields still get their game pieces? I have a sim old enough to play the game thank you.

G

Once the city is merged into EA Land and he is the oldest of all your sims then he will be getting the cards. If you created a sim in Ea Land and your city still hasn't been merged then tha EA Land sim that you created will receive the cards.

G

I had started a post before seeing I should have posted here instead- sorry!!

Anyways I'm glad you locked it.

Here was my post:

Hello. I cannot post on the missing lava card thread for some reason. (locked I now see..lol) Anyways, I have this problem.. I was given a 1 and an 8. I traded my 1, to get my pair. I did this on the first day of the game.
I tried to put my pair on the lot where I live, but one of the cards kept disappearing back into inventory. So I decided to keep both in inventory, knowing they'd be collected from there anyways.
The next day, I checked my inventory and one of my 8s are missing! I only have one now. I would have posted here earlier but had run into Luc and he said I could email Parizad about it. I have not heard back (I know all of the Devs are very busy), and I am concerned because it has been a few days.
I got my pair right away, now only have one card.
I've cleared my cc cache, that did nothing.
I hope someone will help me!
I only have one account.
Any ideas on what to do?
My sim name is Loreen. Thanks in advance!

G

I just wanna know why we can't get an answer regarding the missing cards.
The original thread was started for just that purpose - someplace to post about problems with the cards. It was even stickied.
Now, that thread is locked and on page three. In it's place we have an ordinary discussion thread on the subject of extending the lava lamp game and a street fair.

So, I'm asking - why can't we get an answer regarding the missing cards?

G

There were a half dozen different threads, and more being started, so they were consolidated into one stickied thread so everyone could find answers easily.

The only answers I have seen from Parizad or Sarah, about the Lava Game, were posted in the Blog threads.....perhaps to avoid giving Stratics posters an edge over players who do not visit Stratics?

Introducing: Groovy Lava Game
Purple Puzzle Pieces
Groovy Lava Game: Red Puzzle Wrap up

No one seems to be responding to your post there, either....I have no answers and my only clue to a work-around, is to use the ATM machine (someone said they got cards, even tho they canceled the transaction) or buy cards or PM Parizad, and hope she gets it before Monday's maintenance.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There were a half dozen different threads, and more being started, so they were consolidated into one stickied thread so everyone could find answers easily.

The only answers I have seen from Parizad or Sarah, about the Lava Game, were posted in the Blog threads.....perhaps to avoid giving Stratics posters an edge over players who do not visit Stratics?

Introducing: Groovy Lava Game
Purple Puzzle Pieces
Groovy Lava Game: Red Puzzle Wrap up

No one seems to be responding to your post there, either....I have no answers and my only clue to a work-around, is to use the ATM machine (someone said they got cards, even tho they canceled the transaction) or buy cards or PM Parizad, and hope she gets it before Monday's maintenance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I have no intention of paying for something that I, and others were supposed to get at no cost.
It seems unbelievable to me that they cannot know about these problems - they have obviously read the blog responses because they have responded to some of them, even if they really are unaware of the threads on Stratics. And I know for a fact that the question has been asked at the pub.

Thank you, Gilly for responding, even if you can offer no answer.

But, I gotta say - this pushes the needle on my frustration meter a little closer to the red zone.
(not directed at you)

S

sweetsimmichelle

Today my cards were taken, however I didnt receive "Red Completion Certificate" for my matching pair.

I had four cards-two that matched and the other two didnt.

G

When are new cards given each week? I created a new sim in EA Land recently and haven't gotten any cards yet, and it is a premium account. Do I have to wait until Wednesday, since if I remember correctly that's the date that the game was launched?

G

*nods*

Thanks Aster, I've only got the one EAL sim on that account, so that will give me a chance to make some others, I suppose

N

nobuttkisser

because of sight impairment I am not able to tell what or where the numbers are all I know is there are two cards in my sim(s) inventory... so without being taken advantage of, I need some assistance with identifying my cards and prayerfully getting matching pairs to obtain a lava lamp and or whatever colors that are suppose to be attached to such..... please do NOT tell me here please PM me, or my email which is [email protected] thank you

G

I'm still waiting for an answer too. I've emailed Parizad, posted here, talked with Luc and just sent him an email. I'd like my earned certificate.

I

imported_rpsky3

when this game started, i have been waiting to hear on the puzzle pieces that poofed from my inventory.

G

The Red section of the Lava Game is over. On the Blog ( link), Sarah gives a wrap up.

If you all still have issues with the game or the pieces, please post them there for the best chance of an answer from Sarah.

The Part 2 will be starting tomorrow or the next day. Here is a link to the Blog teaser for the orange color game.

This is unstickied now, another post will be stickied for the next part of the game.