• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Red pickaxe/shovel *Spoiler*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These have a hue that can not be dyed.
You get these from killing headless miners in covetous, just pass the harpy's on level 1.
Dont be fooled! they are not rare. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just killed some miners. Each one had a reddish shovel/pickaxe. All had about 5-10 uses. So the special ones have a different color and alot more uses?

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just killed some miners. Each one had a reddish shovel/pickaxe. All had about 5-10 uses. So the special ones have a different color and alot more uses?
Hey there, :)
The normal ones are red, the rare one is sort of like the aura of amber colour from spring cleaning and yes it has 1337 uses :p

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found a couple of the orange/red type shovels and pickaxes.

So I need to lookout for a 1337 charge one?

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and apparently the headless miners also mine up gems and leave them on the ground.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very cool, took a while to get one.
The colour looks like aura of amber maybe? with 1337 uses remaining, nice touch :)
Picture Myphsar please. And without the assistance of various interesting features of image editing software.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Picture Myphsar please. And without the assistance of various interesting features of image editing software.
Sorry i have never posted a picture on stratics yet as i have no clue how to. :(
Is there anywhere with that sort of info?
Other wise i locked down the shovel outside my little moonglow house north of the gate in trammel (europa) for all the non believers, feel free to take a pic :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies for doubting you Myphsar. To post a picture in Stratics, at the bottom of the edit box are 3 buttons. 'post reply' 'upload a file' and 'more options' The 'upload a file' button allows you to upload a picture from you pc and include it in your post, either as a thumbnail or full size.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies for doubting you Myphsar. To post a picture in Stratics, at the bottom of the edit box are 3 buttons. 'post reply' 'upload a file' and 'more options' The 'upload a file' button allows you to upload a picture from you pc and include it in your post, either as a thumbnail or full size.
No problem :)
and thank you :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been in Cov for couple of hours now, loads of normal low use red ones....

I'm calling it a day.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Confirmed - whitout mouse over - the pure picture ;)
*Off to grind* I hope this is on ALL shards - otherwise if will AAAARRRRRRR!!

shovel.JPG

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Did your Char you get the shovel drop on that Miner have Mining Skill by any chance? Just asking...
Did you wear luck? What class is the char? Is it maxed out or a training char?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to be real. Killing harmless headless who mine up gems (as cited earlier) is the worst thing to hit UO since farming gypsies for jewelry. I mean, the poor guys. Nice little easter egg, but still, lol.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did your Char you get the shovel drop on that Miner have Mining Skill by any chance? He had no mining at all, only jack of all trades Just asking...
Did you wear luck? He had zero luck, only luck was RL luck :p What class is the char? A thief/stealther Is it maxed out or a training char? Yes, maxed
Also, i have had no luck yet in fel, i got this shovel in trammel.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Ok thank you, so its just some easter egg as GvP noted - i dunno - poor little fellows...gotta farm them a bit with my stealther too but i dont think endless hours, maybe 1 or 2 a week this is to boring..

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's no trouble at all!

They kill over with a swift kick!

and the gems! nice!

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
So far i had no luck i tried this for like 1 hour and slaughtered alot of this poor little guys....its heartmelting...you fireball them and sometimes its not enough, they dont die instantly..they just stand there unsure were this pain came from have no idea were to find you, headless as they are....they just grunt...

I dont like this, i pass!

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far i had no luck i tried this for like 1 hour and slaughtered alot of this poor little guys....its heartmelting...you fireball them and sometimes its not enough, they dont die instantly..they just stand there unsure were this pain came from have no idea were to find you, headless as they are....they just grunt...

I dont like this, i pass!
This I must take a peak at because I don't think I could kill them either for that very reason.

Lady Bleez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have not had any luck either. Took my archer thief and killed enough to turn him "admirable" :( Picked up countless gems and because it is a slowish respawn rate I looted the gold too (around 10k so far). If there wasn't a picture and more importantly if Phoenix hadn't said something I would count this a useless task. I'd give up but I really would like that leet shovel for my miners room. :)

I wonder if it is just the shovel or if it is a pickaxe as well? Oh man...this is gonna take forever to get 2....

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logic suggests that as they also drop the red pickaxes, they should drop the gold pickaxes.

But I don't know.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Ultima lore, headlesses are established as being evil; the result of an evil wizard's failed experiments. I wouldn't think the miners are any different just due to their non-aggression and odd behavior. Unlike, say, orcs, I'm unaware of any which have broken away from the traditional ways of their kind and joined society. Indeed I've always considered headlesses of all types to be something closer to undead, or a construct like an interred grizzle, than to any genuinely living being.

So I wouldn't feel too bad about killing them.

-Galen's player

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
They are poor working headless slaves for that evil wizard, mining ore and gems for him...i would slay HIM 24/7 but leave the poor little headless alone...poor little boyz...*shrugs*

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are poor working headless slaves for that evil wizard, mining ore and gems for him...i would slay HIM 24/7 but leave the poor little headless alone...poor little boyz...*shrugs*

*Slides into 'evil' Ventrue rp mode*

We aren't murdering the slaves... we are simply granting them permanent freedom from all their troubles and hardships. They should run at our swords singing our praises and kissing our feet as we grant them serenity and free their broken bodies from the weight of their troubles and meaningless worldly possessions. No longer will they be slaves to anyone.

*Steeples her fingers before her* You may worship me now.

(Just kidding! EEP!)

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Any idea if they have some kind of special use?
Yeah, they let you dig up and unlock the Halloween content. You need 20 of them then go digging in the New Magincia Graveyard at server up on October first. No, seriously I heard it from my twin cousins, girlfriends, half-brother last week.

Better locate the New Magincia Graveyard before killing all that time trying to snag 20 of them ;)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*slides into 'evil' Malkavian mode*

Yeah what fang face said up there... anything that can't taste ice cream doesn't deserve to live. How can we expect these things to get aHEAD of the troubles? *Laughter* Get it?
I bet they are always losing things. Well you know what they say? Gotta keep your eyes on your stuff. Get it? Eyes?! They don't got any!

*Gets grabbed by guards* Imagine the gold they save on hair treatments? Oh oh! Tie and hats too!

Us vampires are always looking for our NECKS victim. *Gets carried off by guards* Thank you! I'm here all week.

(*scampers off the thread before she gets in trouble*)

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i just like how LEET they are.
get it.... 1337...... L337.... get it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.