• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Recruitment on Other Shards

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are numerous shards - Sonoma and Napa Valley being the first to come to mind - where the roleplaying community has all but died out. Vanished into the night air. No more. These shards are not unlike our shard before we formed the Roleplayers Alliance.

I think we have something to offer the few roleplayers scattered across these dying communities. A welcoming and active roleplaying alliance that is still finding its own themes and major plotlines. Several towns and villages that could use a few more active citizens. A reputation for good roleplayers that aren't afraid to ditch the archetypes and play unique characters you wouldn't expect to find on other shards.

I am considering recruiting on these severs and bringing them to ours. But I'd like to hear what everyone thinks of this.

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea.... allows for growth on one shard and brings life back to those that have been left to the wayside on a dying shard.

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's a great idea to keep roleplayers on dying shards from disappearing from the community completely.

Would be hard to make this an in-character agenda item in the township summits, what with the traveling to other shards thing and all, but I think a Baja Outreach Program is a great idea.

I have so many projects going simultaneously. :) Hard to juggle them all. BUT I really need to get my head back around the theater and get some play skits together. Performing on other shards, even small works, really does a wonder for attracting cross-shard RP audiences to Baja.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This wouldn't be a topic for the Township Summits. It would be something we just do.

Once momentum picks up with the storyline and player events (i.e. the plays) I will begin advertising on the White Stag and U.Hall. I might also leave books on other shards and send personal invites to various groups.

When people think of the premiere roleplay shard on the West Coast I want them to think Baja.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I am considering recruiting on these severs and bringing them to ours. But I'd like to hear what everyone thinks of this.
You are always thinking or considering something *Grins* which is a good thing. If you are going to do this make sure you have a small group of active and easy to reach people to work with those coming over. Getting people onto a shard is not hard. Keeping in contact with them and making sure they are involved is the tricky part. You have to... I will say this again HAVE TO, hold their hand and spoon feed them in everything. You need to create the entertainment for them until they feel comfortable and are able to interact on the shard by themselves. You cant look at it like "We have a new person" you have to look at it like "We have to introduce 100 people to this person". Just remember you may only have to remember one name but they have to remember 100 names.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would everyone recommend as far as recruitment? Advertisements on U.Hall and the White Stag? Visiting these shards to distribute pamplets? Contacting the few remaining groups on their shard and offering them a place on Baja? Or all of the above?

If we are going to begin recruiting there are a few things we need to decide upon.

One is to decide which townships would be willing to admit settlers from other shards. Hearthfire Haven I know would be open to this. Berg? Golden? Dawn? We also need to determine when we are going to have RP Events and Tavern Nights separate from the All Shards Event. Perhaps a weekend Golden Brew Tavern Night and a West Britain Bazaar Night?

I would need to create a revised edition of the travelogues to distribute to new and returning roleplayers. Would folks be willing to give me a hand making copies?