• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Recommended MMOs in February 2012

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see Tera getting a fair amount of press. No clue what it is though.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TERA Europe closed beta weekend starts today

by Jef Reahard (4 hours ago)
Betas, Fantasy, Events, in-game, MMO industry, New titles, News items, TERA
We've talked a lot about the American version of TERA's closed beta, but today the European client has taken center stage as Frogster kicked off its first closed beta weekend at 9:00 a.m. EST (3:00 p.m. CET) today.

Testers will receive two character slots, and they'll have the opportunity to explore content up to and including level 22. Frogster is also enabling guild PvP and a new outlaw mission in the town of Velika. This weekend's test marks the start of five closed beta events leading up to TERA Europe's May 3rd release date.

[Source: Frogster press release]

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tera wil be huge when released.

[youtube]VM3v3I8Nrqs[/youtube]

P

Pauldarian

People thought Rift would be huge and sadly it wasn't =-/

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played Rift. I have my opinion on that but it was fun for a short lived time. Plus the leveling I thought was to easy. Quests killed me because it was one after another so that was old.

They did a lot right things in Rift but they kind of dropped the ball for a bit. Hopefully they can pick it back up because people tactics running around in circles is not a good thing.

Tera has a few issues that I know of. The casting has a slight hesitation between spells from what I read but overall atm they are getting good reviews. Graphics are pretty good also.

The only issue I see with Tera that may hurt them in the long run that they should of went to FTP model because like Rift the pay to play model hurt them. Rift woke up with Rift lite but way after the masses left. Aion and AoC has learned that lesson as well.

Tera at least even a PTP model would be worth a subscription but it has a huge following so time will tell.