• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] Recommendations for Weapon to Use

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I try to vary all my characters, so I started working on a new warrior, but without magery or chivalry. He's new; because of soulstones, he has 100 Parry already so he's using the Parry mastery (volume II). Fencing scrolls are cheap, so he's got a 120 scroll already. He's used a +25 stat scroll, too.

upload_2018-7-13_10-27-56.png

My question is what sort of weapon I should be using? I'm thinking a fast 1 handed weapon and a shield (I have a handful of legendary shields, and the extra properties from equipping two items seems worth it).

My armor is treasure hunt loot, but happy to craft a weapon that fits this template.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Samurai's parry with their weapons, not shields.

UO Stratics - Parrying

At GM bushido and parry, chance to block with
  • shield: 5%
  • 1 handed weapon: 25%
  • 2 handed weapon: 29%
So I would look at 2 handed weapons with the most popular special moves:
  • AI - spear
  • double strike - double bladed staff and dual pointed spear
  • whirlwind - kama

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I see...

For my swordman, I like the double axe that lets me choose double strike or whirlwind. There's no equivalent fencing weapon, is there? I'd need the spear for a single enemy, then switch to a kama when surrounded by several enemies.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you need cure potions during fighting, you may use leaf blade instead of spear.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see...

For my swordman, I like the double axe that lets me choose double strike or whirlwind. There's no equivalent fencing weapon, is there? I'd need the spear for a single enemy, then switch to a kama when surrounded by several enemies.
UO Stratics - Weapons

That list might be out of date, there could be new weapons.

It looks like the kama is the only fencing whirlwind weapon.