• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Recipes from Treasure Chests

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Here's my question I started doing treasure chests for the first time and I'm sticking to artisan ones looking for recipes. I was told that you can get Edon recipes, such as tiger pelt ones, from Malas chests. I've tried a number of Malas lvl 2 chests tonight and all the recipes are from Heartwood. I am correct in thinking that Edon recipes only come from edon chests?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The list of recipes available via treasure chests is the same regardless of what land it is in, according to uo-cah. It appears the recipes you want from Eodon are not available in treasure chests:

recipes.jpg

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Unfortunately, I know that list isn't complete as I've gotten recipes not contained on it already.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's pretty much any recipe you can get from a quest (or should be from a quest)

I've gotten Bone Machete recipes (from the quest outside the blighted grove, and it might not even be a recipe scroll if from the quest, but just added to the crafting list as if you read a recipe, for that quest taker), and Stone Anvil (East) which were bugged for a decade or more not to show up from the Heartwood/Sanctuary quest rewards they were supposed to be in).

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
someone said that you can get the Chefs Toque recipe
from doing treasure chests in Eodon.

I am wondering now if it was a drop from killing the guardians.
You can get the recipes as drops from killing anything in Eodon.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One thing to consider is that there's very little data on the Eodon maps. After all, it's only a small subset of Supply maps that recipes can come from, and too many T-hunters turn their noses up at anything Cache or lower (never mind that Eodon maps are typically tougher than a map elsewhere two levels higher).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do Eodon supply maps as long as they're not in the dinosaur area. The only recipe drop I've had while doing them came from killing the guardians, not from the chest.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Artisan Supplies have crafting ingredients, recipes, and the usual junk.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Trash as with all of them post revamp. Hasn't someone build a website for that overcomplicated mess?
There was a website. But since nothing special in Eodon, I'd prefer Malas. Easy map, clear points, not many locations. Usually one runic Atlas is enough.