• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RECENT POSTS RELATED TO TAMING & PETS

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Howdy folks -

As I am sure you can tell, the hot issue as of lately has been taming, as that is the focus of the latest publish.

However, as of this morning, there were 30+ posts on the first page of UHall focused on Taming or Pet related topics. While we understand UHall is the most popular UO Stratics forum and gets the most traffic, we have decided to move a significant number of these threads to the Tamers Profession forum, which can be found here: UO Tamer

In the long run, we imagine many people will have similar questions and it is best they be segregated on one forum. To the degree it is reasonable to do so, it would be appreciated if you can direct future taming related posts to the specific Taming forum so that it will be easier for all parties - both now and in the future - to search questions and find them there.

Before anyone jumps down my throat and says "Oh but Merlin - there is a post here about casting spells, why aren't you moving that one to the Spellcasters forum? Why don't you move this post here and this post there?" and so on... it's not often that we have multiple full pages of UHall topics all focused on one area of the game. Right now all of these taming posts are burying other more general-UO related posts. Moderating isn't a perfect science, but we do ask you please bear with us on this.

Thank you for reading and understanding. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha!!
See, i'm not the only one that already bored with the new pet revamp. :banana:
:thumbsup:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the main board is gonna get quiet real soon, haha, had to take a screeny of all the moves!
the blue arrow of death has visited Uhall this day!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gods forbid there be active topics on u.hall which reflect what's actually going on in UO at the moment...but, whatevs... :rolleyes2:

I'd suggest that a link to the UO Tamer forum join the Time of Legends link at the top of this forum and that this thread is stickied for few weeks.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the mods have done a tremendous job in addressing this ... couldnt have stated it better myself.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hopefully that forum has a moderator that can be empathic to the needs and concerns of Tamers.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Gods forbid there be active topics on u.hall which reflect what's actually going on in UO at the moment...but, whatevs... :rolleyes2:

I'd suggest that a link to the UO Tamer forum join the Time of Legends link at the top of this forum and that this thread is stickied for few weeks.
When the entire UHall was focused almost solely on one topic, it became necessary to move some posts. It will also be better for archiving these types of questions and posts in the appropriate sub-forum they belong in when people have these same questions in the future.

Hopefully that forum has a moderator that can be empathic to the needs and concerns of Tamers.
I've probably been the most active forum moderator in the Professions sub-category for most of the past year, and that won't change with the Taming forum.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe if the Devs didn't completely train wreck this entire patch, there wouldn't be so many issues and questions. It shouldn't matter if the posts are in Uhall. Bad for stratics to move the hot topic to a forum no one uses.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Bumping as a reminder. I did some clean up today.

I have left more general open ended topics (i.e. questions directly for the Devs) in UHall, but moved some more pet specific threads over to Tamer forum.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame. UO has declined over the years as one can clearly see with the lack of notable activity on this board, to further reduce chatter about "anything" on the main board of this site seems counter-productive. Yes there are sub-sections one can go to but I think a main page that implies threads don't sit around for a month would be beneficial for the community as a whole.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My topic was very much in the wrong, but question.... Why is it so strict on the UHall? Is there a reason for the rule other than it's just a rule?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Shame. UO has declined over the years as one can clearly see with the lack of notable activity on this board, to further reduce chatter about "anything" on the main board of this site seems counter-productive. Yes there are sub-sections one can go to but I think a main page that implies threads don't sit around for a month would be beneficial for the community as a whole.
I moved four threads from UHall to the Tamer forum. Three of them were from the same person. I think the community will survive.

It will be beneficial for future references when those posts are in one area so that the same questions don't get repeated over and over again on different forums.

My topic was very much in the wrong, but question.... Why is it so strict on the UHall? Is there a reason for the rule other than it's just a rule?
In your particular case, while I found the topic about getting girlfriend aggro on your gaming time to be funny, it was more appropriate for the Off-Topic forum.