• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rebellion in Britannia! - Town Loyalty Decisions

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

Was curious to see which Virtue Towns "Player run Townships" and guilds have chosen to protect and defend for the current Live Arc. Kijustsu Anei automatically chose the City of New Magincia when Protesters arrived on the Island and begun setting fire to establishments within Port Ethereal Keys this morning.

I have sent a proposal to other Ethereal Void Imperium Townships to join in the effort. I believe that most if not all of us have a second or third fighting character to assist each other in town defenses. I spoke with Phoenix earlier this month and her suggestion was to pool forces, I believe I can speak for KAV when I say we are willing to help and/or coalition with other townships and guilds to defend whatever town they choose and if uninterested solo is always fun *smiles*

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will be protecting Brit. I am an eastie going way back anyone that wants to stand with me there is welcome to help pool or resources for our towns defense.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I will be protecting Brit. I am an eastie going way back anyone that wants to stand with me there is welcome to help pool or resources for our towns defense.
I'm not only pledging loyalty to Magincia... I'm soon moving there as well. And I can't log in this morning because I'm having company and they need to use my computer! Argh!!!!

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Great! A face to put with Britain Defense, I'll send anyone wishing to defend Britain yer way and will probably do Britain on Sarberius because that city will be fun for an archer.

Anyone else doing another town?

Celestial Knight

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

Hail nods aye i'll be with thee being First lieutenant of the Order Guard an Queen Dawn granted me officer of the Royal Guards of Britannia:thumbup:
I have defended Britannia from demoms,lizaeds and rats :whip:.Whatever
attacks Britannia is an attack on me:eyes:.Ill be watching:party:.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So I ran over to Brit (Fel) and saw the dock burning. I put out the fires, killed the protester, and got rib of the garbage. Then found the rest in brit and did the same. Nothing seemed to happen and it only took me 5 minutes. Am I missing something?

I realize killing the protesters isn't particually what's supposed to happen, but I was on a red and I found it appropriate. Apparently I need to be censured.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So I ran over to Brit (Fel) and saw the dock burning. I put out the fires, killed the protester, and got rib of the garbage. Then found the rest in brit and did the same. Nothing seemed to happen and it only took me 5 minutes. Am I missing something?

I realize killing the protesters isn't particually what's supposed to happen, but I was on a red and I found it appropriate. Apparently I need to be censured.
If you want a good reputation in your town, don't kill the protesters. Just arrest them and turn them in. Heh... think about what your reputation would be if you took a broadsword to the "occupy" folk in RL. :devil:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you want a good reputation in your town, don't kill the protesters. Just arrest them and turn them in. Heh... think about what your reputation would be if you took a broadsword to the "occupy" folk in RL. :devil:
I think he would have some fans if he did that lol

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think he would have some fans if he did that lol
haha So true ! :)

Well my family is divided. Tabito Coy is gaining his loyalty to Moonglow.

A few of me kin are possibly going for the New Magincias, but they have not done much for it, to even matter yet.

Seems only Tabito is actively pursuing all this, course that may be due to the insane pyromaniacs, torchin the Moonglow npc area around his home.

He fears his flour mill will be set afire and thus his entire home, and ships. He has begun arresting the rioters. Protests are fine, everyone should have the right to *peaceably* assemble, but to destroy property..is uncalled for.

Destructo doggies need to be arrested ! That takes protesting, TOO FAR !
:arr:

Sooooooo Moonglow it is, it seems, for my 1 kin Tabito, for most part but then he is not in the mood for his lil sailing hut, to be torched either, by missy pyromaniac, outside in me lawn, day in and day out ! !:eyes:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No clemency for arsonists! *grumbles... wipes flecks of charcoal off clothing*

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Updated the calming of the protester for clarity, thank you Angelica

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So what happens if you fall into disfavor for a town? Anyone know? Also, what is the advantage of a town viewing you favorably?

I found that New Magincia was very easy to deal with protesters. Not a lot of looking, all quite close together. :whip:

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And what happens to a town if nobody defends it? Will it get burnt to the ground?

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And don't forget to FEED the peasantry !!

If ya need cheap fish steaks and don't fish, 3gp per at all 3 of my homes,
E. Zento, S. Moonglow trammel by that pyromaniac in the npc building & small s.wheatfield, and New Mag. Tram C3 plot.

And don't forget ol Moonglow, been hard being about the only one defending me flour mill, parked ships and house, from them pyromaniacs !
Let em eat cake or fish, maybe if we feed em they will stop torchin the world.

*maybe* :eyes:

I have arrested, some of the more violent !!!!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
And don't forget to FEED the peasantry !!

If ya need cheap fish steaks and don't fish, 3gp per at all 3 of my homes,
E. Zento, S. Moonglow trammel by that pyromaniac in the npc building & small s.wheatfield, and New Mag. Tram C3 plot.

And don't forget ol Moonglow, been hard being about the only one defending me flour mill, parked ships and house, from them pyromaniacs !
Let em eat cake or fish, maybe if we feed em they will stop torchin the world.

*maybe* :eyes:

I have arrested, some of the more violent !!!!
Better stock up again... Lulu just bought you out in Magincia. :)

Etrigran

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As much as I enjoy the idea. I'm currently attempting to become "Adored" by all the towns. What is the actual deal with the loyalty thing? Is it an event or just a personal choice?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As much as I enjoy the idea. I'm currently attempting to become "Adored" by all the towns. What is the actual deal with the loyalty thing? Is it an event or just a personal choice?
Considering that we were strongly advised to have each character choose one town (and only one town) to be loyal to, I wouldn't expect that helping other towns is likely to give you the results you're hoping for.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better stock up again... Lulu just bought you out in Magincia. :)
I did somewhat restock fish and chips for the peasantry @ the New Magincia house etc.

I am not sure but poor lil Tabito may end up moving away, from his lil S. Moonglow sailing hut. It seems the pyromaniacs keep returning to the same spots over and over again, to the degree, Tabito's eyes are blurry and feeling laggy scorched in the eternal endless battle of tryin' to put out the fires, in his lawn etc.

The angrier ones seem to like the lil npc shop right next door and continually set fires which spread into the lawn and thus, the back and one side of Tabito's lil Moonglow sailin hut is quite charred. Amazed it is still standing at all. But he is growing weary and tired he may pack it up and move *AGAIN* again somewhere less endlessly being torched day in day out. Dunno yet.

DEATH TO PYROMANIACS !

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Poor Tabito... I'm really glad now that I moved away from Moonglow! So far, the rioters in Maginicia haven't come near my new house, and I hope it stays that way, but ya' never know! lol

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:D No but I think one of the red ones ye were chasing with ye bow, on New Magincia ended up parking himself by my house.

WyndRyder tried to hit him with her valentine arrow but the chap was kinda dumb. He could not seem to follow her, merely around the corner of her house to the front steps, where she could fire her valentine arrow at him. :)

He seemed a few fries short of a happy meal,:hahaha: in the intelligence dept.

At any rate when some things begin to happen in our lil world, sooner or later these events escalate, thus Tabito is thinking his wonderful normally quiet Moonglow spot may yet become an even hotter hot bed of pyromaniacs and maybe even larger threats, gah what if later on down the road the rioters summon Fire Elementals to protest with, that may even be pargony ones, or something.

And me kin may be remodeling their New Magincia home as well, for when they first constructed it, the design was all open airy in the front, not even built with any front walls, nor doors. That design may prove fatal, too later on...sooo might be remodeling that home, just in case.

Anyway, how many island homes doth one need anyhow, have Zento which is an island city, have New Magincia now too, and the Moonglow isle one. Seems a bit too many isle homes anyhow especially with 2 of these homes out of 3, being in the line of fire of pyromaniacs. More so the lil south Moonglow wheatfield area home seems more *under siege* than me other 2 homes here.

Once upon a time my kin owned a lovely large white marble, by the Lyceaum too, on Moonglow, which became flooded with Solen Ants in their yard. They MOVED in due time; because it was becoming a tad too fatal daily for several days/weeks on end there, to live there, during that invasion. :) And perhaps by habit, even Tabito checked the Lyceaum one morning, by where we once owned the lg. white marble. Twas full of rioters, protesters, and pyromaniacs.
No surprise I guess cuz we lived up there by Lyceaum before instinct told Tabito to check it out TOO, and it was full of em !

We always seem to return to Moonglow though, once things calm down, in city isles that been 'invaded badly', before.
We've BEEN THERE DONE IT, especially on lovely Moonglow !

*shudder*

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
lol! Was I chasing him, or was he chasing me? I recall thinking at the time that he hit harder than I did! Either way, next time I find a red in Magincia, I'll try to steer clear of your place. :)

My moving days are over, though. I'm no longer a "gypsy"... my guild was kind enough to turn that spot over to me for safe keeping, and it's a duty my girls take very seriously. I so do love New Maginicia and the feeling that I've finally found my true "home". :)

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So do you have a home in New Mag Gypsy? I went running around looking... didn't see anything. If you do, is it in tram or fel?

You don't have to run from Nogo, he won't hurt ya!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So do you have a home in New Mag Gypsy? I went running around looking... didn't see anything. If you do, is it in tram or fel?

You don't have to run from Nogo, he won't hurt ya!
It's in Tram. And I'm not afraid of Nogo. :) Today I'll drop a rune to my new house in your mailbox. :)

Update: Check your mailbox! I dropped off the rune.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
DEATH TO PYROMANIACS !
YEW TIMES Editoral Office said:
The Weaver-September
It's time to start rebuilding some of those bridges you burned lately. Stupid Pyromaniac!
My birthday...September....feels like there is some sort of theme going on here??? but I don't burn bridges, I blow them up with the most potent blackrock ever mined by human and elven miners.

and whats wrong with Pyromaniacs? Seems to get the job done doesn't it?
Burn Baby Burn! :flame:

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um cuz pyromaniacs tend to burn OTHER peoples yards and houses to the ground not their own.

Besides, while I loved my lil Moonglow spot, them dorky pyromaniacs, torchin up my yard 24.7 kept makin weird songs pop thru my mind, ruining my conscentration, songs like Burning down the house, burn baby burn disco inferno, c'mon baby light my fire...etc etc.

ENOUGH already, and we all know this will escalate, sooo I'm movin'.
Moonglow always seems to get hit harder, like them solen ants that came visiting it one year cluttering up the entire island and my then big white marble house and front yard by the Lyceaum. :( Although I did corner the moonglow market on sellin potions and bandages back then. :)

Couldn't even get off my own porch alive back then due to crabby solen ant queens in me yard, and I can guarentee ya these pyromaniacs will ESCALATE be like Draconi torchin up the place yet, in the cities, mark me words !! :)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Besides, while I loved my lil Moonglow spot, them dorky pyromaniacs, torchin up my yard 24.7 kept makin weird songs pop thru my mind, ruining my conscentration, songs like Burning down the house, burn baby burn disco inferno, c'mon baby light my fire...etc etc.

ENOUGH already, and we all know this will escalate, sooo I'm movin'.
Moonglow always seems to get hit harder, like them solen ants that came visiting it one year cluttering up the entire island and my then big white marble house and front yard by the Lyceaum. :( Although I did corner the moonglow market on sellin potions and bandages back then. :)

Couldn't even get off my own porch alive back then due to crabby solen ant queens in me yard, and I can guarentee ya these pyromaniacs will ESCALATE be like Draconi torchin up the place yet, in the cities, mark me words !! :)
Just for you, Queen Zen... another song. :devil:

Tim Hawkins Fire Ants Song Video Illustration - YouTube

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*writes to Gareth in Magincia*

Hmm...all seems quiet in Yew. There was a bit or a tussel at the local prison. I've ordered my tower acolytes to not let them return to their home towns. *evil smile* Besides the locals will never know the clothes were previously worn after a good washing! It seems though, the raiders were more concerned about the hungry Greater Dragons chasing them, than setting more garbage on fire. I wish the raiders would consider coming back, it certainly helps keep the tower's stable expense down on feeding the dragons.

The tower arms men are busy helping in town. They've been rounding up some of the local rioters and bring them to the local jail for questioning. I've decided it would be to my benefit to help some of the more local protesters. Normally a whip or branding iron might get better results! But I can't afford to have those annoying paladin guard start poking around this nice quiet remote region. So... I've temporarily given orders for my servants to open up my food stores and distribute a few things to the more needy farms in the area. I can't even understand how the farmers and peasants complain about,' No food to find', while standing in a field with a full harvest? Like I said....more whips and more branding irons. *sighs* The farmers and peasant even ask, 'What about our children?'. Well...the children are small and fast...*ponders*... and the Dragons do need exercise!...*ponders a bit more*... alright alright not this time.

*signed Dread Lady CaT*

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been clearing the streets and bridges of Vesper. After a slight misshap with an arrow and a rioter, I've worked it to Respected

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been clearing the streets and bridges of Vesper. After a slight misshap with an arrow and a rioter, I've worked it to Respected
Did you take an arrow in the knee from the rioter? Or did you shoot the rioter with an arrow in the knee?

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you take an arrow in the knee from the rioter? Or did you shoot the rioter with an arrow in the knee?
I believe both shots hit at the same time.

On awakening at the base of the bar in The Marsh Hall of Vesper. I found my leg bandaged nicely and head ringing soundly.
So I hesitate to confirm it, since I was about 3 fingers deep into my 8th tankard of Dragon's Breath, a fine city of Dragons Watch liquer.