• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reasons to be a Gargoyle

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more I read about the info, the more I doubt to become a gargoyle. Here are a few considerations I have in mind so far:

1. Cannot ride mount vs. crafter: You know that crafters ride beetles, because crafters usually carry a lot of resource with them. I cannot imagine a life without a BEETLE!!

2. Cannot use archery vs. warrior: I soulstone skills quite often, depending on the events. Therefore, my melee and archer warriors will stay in human for sure.

Right now my tamer has some Ninja skill for Animal Form (for running), if bringing a greater dragon for hunting. This is the only reason I can think of right now to become a garg.

Any suggestion is appreciated. I wasn't in the beta at all, and I haven't been with UO for a couple months.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You shouldn't be able to fly or use ninja form with a greater dragon, and why they haven't just made both take a follower slot already is beyond me.

H

HippieMagic

You can throw a boomerang and look like satan... That's about it. I only went with it to try throwing out. You also get the joy of no longer being able to use any of your weapons or armor... that is always fun.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only gargoyle I'll make may be the one I will temporarily use for Imbuing. Otherwise... I'M A PIRATE, not a gargoyle!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reasons other people will make gargoyles:

They have a template they want to put a TON of skills on (4 pieces of skill enhancing jewels)

They want their pets and fast speed (remembering to put 6 points of stamina regeneration on their character's suits)

They like gargoyle's for whatever reason (aka role-play)

They want to get the most out of imbuing.

Since none of that applies to me, I'll stay a pirate. Maybe some day down the road I'll get extra character slots and make an imbuer/mystic. But that's WAY down the road.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gargoyle necklace and gargoyle earrings you can imbue have been changed since the open beta to use armor mods instead of jewelry mods. They are also non-medable by default.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The gargoyle necklace and gargoyle earrings you can imbue have been changed since the open beta to use armor mods instead of jewelry mods. They are also non-medable by default.
If they are considered armor for Gargs then we should be able to make them with runics.

C

Cryltaur

We don't know yet all the different combinations of items and skills that will show the full benefits of being a gargoyle. I for one am glad that there are such extreme differences between gargoyles and the other races so that gargoyles aren't just humans in funny suits with pointy ears. Can't wait to see their full potential.

K

-=KLiM=-

i cant think of the use of being a gargoyle also, but still i created one (coz had free char slot) to try some weird combination with mysticism & throwing together on 1 char.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So now we have to waste 1 mod to be "mage armor"? Oh that's horrible.. a mystic that gets automatically mana-nerfed from earings and necklace.

Back to square one for my template-on-paper.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see the appeal either. I do have one for the imbuing bonus but that's it.

S

shadowking

you will be able to have 5 slots of pets out and still move at mount speed, while being able to cast spells, unlike when in a ninja animal form.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya the flying with no follower taken and imbue bonus.

Throwing bonus? yuck! I see no use for this.

I wonder if human gets Jack of All Trades in imbue and mysticism. I'd say yes.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
wow did not know that! that bites! so much for changing to a gargoyle!not worth it i would say!