• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Realm Compensation

E

Emuishere

Realm Compensation

In a bold business decision Blizzard made an announcement today in regards to some of the issues people have experinced since the release of the last patch.* On the World of Warcraft forums, per Nethaara this is the latest!

"Since the release of the latest patch, Echoes of Doom, we have gone through a series of optimizations in order to increase overall game performance. We've seen steady, stable populations and a flurry of activity and excitement during the Hallow's End event and the latest rumblings of zombie attacks. It's been an exciting time for us as we draw closer to the release of our second expansion, Wrath of the Lich King. We've reached a point where we feel we can now accurately evaluate the events since the patch release. Though overall downtime has been minimal, players have experienced latency, inaccessible instances, and general frustrations. We are therefore announcing that we will be issuing compensation to accounts in all realms in the US, Oceanic, and Latin American regions. Accounts that are currently active and in good standing will be credited with an additional three days of game time. We would like to thank you for your patience during this time and look forward to seeing you in game! "

I've played a variety of online games and I have never seen a company do something like this for their players.* All I have to say is that this shows you how valued the members of World of Warcraft are!

Read Full Article

R

Rets

All this shows to me is they are planning much much more downtime in the future. way more than three days worth of it.

E

Emuishere

I'm not sure if you read the little blurbs when there is downtime, they always annonce when it will be extended. Sometimes things do not go as planned. Like the in game email issue, which required a lot of time to fix. It was unexpected from what Blizzard is telling me. As were the latency issues from before.

I have played WoW over a year and this month was the first time I ever saw any problems. My husband who has been playing longer was even surprised. It will get better.