• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Really?!!

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel you, but try to see it positivly: it's like in the good old times when you had to line up for spawns ;-)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can leave the mage on my shard, come back 5 hours later and the same mage can be up..

Is EVERYONE a tamer on LS?
Any new people we meet are turned into tamers. One of my toons is in the largest non fel guild that is all tamers. There can be 15 of them on at once. (only 1 in the pic is in the guild)

So, it is our own fault.

Navrey is busy most of the time.

I got an open mage now. Just needed a quick 25% Two had been killed since the one in the pic above.

My archer uses a repond Bane bow that can kill the mage pretty fast when I need a new one.

They could not have been getting fast gains in that pic.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My archer uses a repond Bane bow that can kill the mage pretty fast when I need a new one.

They could not have been getting fast gains in that pic.
My guild will just do pirates, i dont think i could stand doing mages like that. Mages only if something needs one more mob to finish a level

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Aww I didn't make the pic.. I had just left to make dinner =* [ the gains were not bad... basicly we would let one pet get aggro until it reached its cap then mount or invis that pet and let one that was not capped for that round have aggro .. then once everyones pet was capped end the mage and do it again.. think we finished 7 pets tonight a lot of returning players and people just getting into the new pet system.. =^-^=

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
bonding pets. psssh. do you even need to bond in that mess?!
As long as they are not pre patch pets. Make a test run first in case somebody like Vlad drug a Vortex next to the mage.

You learn how to heal very fast when you take a 1 or 2 slot unbonded pet there. Lost 3 Ki rins before I could get one to 100%.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As long as they are not pre patch pets. Make a test run first in case somebody like Vlad drug a Vortex next to the mage.

You learn how to heal very fast when you take a 1 or 2 slot unbonded pet there. Lost 3 Ki rins before I could get one to 100%.
I cant remember the last time we took a bonded pet there, guess we aren't patient enough anymore.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cant remember the last time we took a bonded pet there, guess we aren't patient enough anymore.
I wont take the Pre patch mare. But I take everything else there unbonded. I am not going to recommend it to others tho.

You never know when you could see Vlad come running up with the Fire mage and 2 vortexs on him. Then you see "Ooops sorry" *Kal Ort Por* While you have an unbonded pet you cant mount there.

Thats him in both pics!!! Dont get into his Van either!

Puck

The Mischievous
I wont take the Pre patch mare. But I take everything else there unbonded. I am not going to recommend it to others tho.

You never know when you could see Vlad come running up with the Fire mage and 2 vortexs on him. Then you see "Ooops sorry" *Kal Ort Por* While you have an unbonded pet you cant mount there.

Thats him in both pics!!! Dont get into his Van either!
I don't recall ever luring those vortexes over there....... you may have seen me luring them away for people...... *points finger*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't recall ever luring those vortexes over there....... you may have seen me luring them away for people...... *points finger*
Next you will say it wasn't you that dropped rocks on my pet in Navrey and killed it!

Oh Ya. That was me. :)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Well.. it kinda works..but slowly anyways..Then after lev 1 upgrade or lev 2 you can get dinos training..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well.. it kinda works..but slowly anyways..Then after lev 1 upgrade or lev 2 you can get dinos training..
I want fast levels! Trained up 2 pets today. Coulda done a fresh lesser also. But no, I had to go skill instead, I hate skilling!! Vlad is there now.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is a prime-time to train on Crazed Mage on Atlantic.

But I won't share when! :X

(Teasing; usually its in the wee hours during maintenance, before and after. I'm a night owl and work nights, so my times off are exactly during maint and it's dead as a funeral then.)

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blah been training on Dread Pirates since pub 97 went to Origin and it is still the fastest pet training. Tried the mages a couple dozen times and always leave wondering what the fascination is with them :)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Blah been training on Dread Pirates since pub 97 went to Origin and it is still the fastest pet training. Tried the mages a couple dozen times and always leave wondering what the fascination is with them :)
I actually quite agree with you. There is one perk to mages, it's a quick recall/gate to save you from having to find a pirate.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually quite agree with you. There is one perk to mages, it's a quick recall/gate to save you from having to find a pirate.
If you use 2+ accts can have as many pirates in training as you want and gating other tamers in from ship to to ship for the 150%-100%-50%-25% gains. Training fel also = good as you can heal the pirates if you are going to cycle a lot of pets on one pirate. Where I have found the mage useful is on shards where I don't have a miner, alchemist and ship paintings.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you use 2+ accts can have as many pirates in training as you want and gating other tamers in from ship to to ship for the 150%-100%-50%-25% gains. Training fel also = good as you can heal the pirates if you are going to cycle a lot of pets on one pirate. Where I have found the mage useful is on shards where I don't have a miner, alchemist and ship paintings.
That's pretty much what we do with training on pirates with our guild. Can train a mass of pets from 3-5 in no time.

Last edited:

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pirates.... hmm.

Thanks for the reminder. I had heard about those, but never ventured out to look for them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 120 Vet and Lore, I vet with enhanced bandies...
They do a large amount of energy damage so consume does not do much. Difficult to take a fresh unbonded 1 or 2 slot pet to them with low energy resist.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im ready to train my pre patch Nightmare but:

The gang is all there...

upload_2018-3-4_14-36-11.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After a long day of training, we afk at the stables:

upload_2018-3-4_19-45-32.png

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I can feel your pain..Makes one want to seriously think about the Pirates training again etc..But youre on Atlantic. May actually get worse in 2-3 weeks after the EJ hits..everywhere..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can feel your pain..Makes one want to seriously think about the Pirates training again etc..But youre on Atlantic. May actually get worse in 2-3 weeks after the EJ hits..everywhere..
I'm on LS.

Its so busy there, they are using Burning mage also. I moved to something else.

upload_2018-3-30_20-8-19.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
By the time you board your ship, I've already trained a stage.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
By the time you board your ship, I've already trained a stage.
I dunno, I find the Mage to be extremely slow for non-tanking pets. Pirates require longer setup, sure, but get a few people, a few boats, a few pirates, and create a nice little rotation of pet training.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dunno, I find the Mage to be extremely slow for non-tanking pets.
When you can level an unbonded Ki Rin at the mage, you have learned how to do any pet without a tank.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I couldn't get a count tonight. Somebody noticed there was a lot.

upload_2018-5-13_23-13-0.png