• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Really P!$$ with EA

• Thread starter GilliamUO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

GilliamUO

No e-mails No nothing

Only back a couple of months paid for SA upgrade last week just taken another months fees and out of no were i get this !! And its impossable to get any answers from that support page. not Happy, i was playing the game only 6 hours ago.

G

GilliamUO

Just found there e-mail

Seems i broke a rule

Violation: Exploitation of Ultima Online game mechanics

Rules of Conduct: 13) You may not use the Ultima Online Service or the Ultima Online Web Site for any activities other than activities that are permitted within the game world.

i still have no idea what i did to earn a 24 hour ban.
would be nice to know so i dont do it again.
But the thing is i was ban at 05:06 PM I was not even ingame at this time. i wonder if my accounts been hack.
Guess im not gonna find out untill 5.07pm today

nothing on my account page about it petra

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if that's 5.06pm local time or 5.06pm their time. 5.06 Eastern USA would be 10.06pm UK Were you in game then?

G

GilliamUO

I wonder if that's 5.06pm local time or 5.06pm their time. 5.06 Eastern USA would be 10.06pm UK Were you in game then?
Thats the time on the e-mail uk time,
it was around 10pm uk time i found out that i could not log in. I log out of game around 2pm

So
log out 2pm
ban 5pm
found out i was ban 10pm
if they get back to my e-mails i'll post why i was ban.:blushing:

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Email the complaints department and post in UHall.

They cant ban you when your not in game unless there was something in your house that shouldnt be?

but the GM should have stated exactly why not just quote a rule. Thats bad customer service... actually thats terrible customer service.

Name and shame the GM if you can (Dont think it breaks any stratics rules) so we can all go "Boo hiss" at him/her.

(Wonder if EA and BT use the same customer service office?)

S

Salya Sin

Name and shame the GM if you can (Dont think it breaks any stratics rules) so we can all go "Boo hiss" at him/her.
lol... sounds like a game show... hey mods, can we get a Name and Shame posting category?

G

GilliamUO

Well back in still nothing from Ea telling me why or who ban me, just all very strange, and left me with a nasty taste.:yell:

G

GilliamUO

Ok im a bad man i had untamed polo bears inside my house.:loser:

J

JL from Europa

Woops! Guess I'll have to kill those few rats running about my house then. Or should I page a GM and turn myself in hehe

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone paged on you because of having the polar bears trapped in your house. If you have pens set-up in your house that is also considered an exploit. This isn't the first time people have complained about getting short-termed banned for keeping animals in their house for training purposes.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's classed as blocking and has been against the rules for as long as I've played.

G

GilliamUO

i did make pens in the front of my house just over a week ago, but on the day in question i was not useing them but im guess one of my Friends did. I did the pens because
It was posted on the barding forum as the best was to gain Disco.

To be honest i would Have seen it as useing a game resorce( as the bears are kill for leather after) not an exploit.

But then i dont write the rules.
Still it would been better for EA to send an email ( or the gm to send a message ingame) first before banning, That way they would not get so many bad feeling towards them and it be much better customer Services.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would remove the pens. Even if you weren't using them at the time, it still looks very suspect, and no reason to give the GM's cause for giving a ban when they might have otherwise just told you to release the bears from your house.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i did make pens in the front of my house just over a week ago, but on the day in question i was not useing them but im guess one of my Friends did. I did the pens because
It was posted on the barding forum as the best was to gain Disco.

To be honest i would Have seen it as useing a game resorce( as the bears are kill for leather after) not an exploit.

But then i dont write the rules.
Still it would been better for EA to send an email ( or the gm to send a message ingame) first before banning, That way they would not get so many bad feeling towards them and it be much better customer Services.
it was also posted that that was an exploit and bannable (in the bard forum)

that said i find it hard to believe that a person would get banned for just having animals wondering their house.

it was said a while back they they GMs would only do something about this if you where activlly training on the pets (it was posted in question about people having private zoos and the such)

so that conversation (which was in uhall) made me think that it would be the person TRAINING that would get in trouble, not the house owner.

maybe we are not hearing all of this story from the OP?

G

GilliamUO

hey Poo, you have all the information i have i with hold nothing,
I now know who put the bears in the pens that day and why.

And i've gone back and re-read the disco post. im not gonna get beat up by this :gee:

I still beleave that education is better than banning people without a word, we all can make mistakes.

G

GilliamUO

I would remove the pens. Even if you weren't using them at the time, it still looks very suspect, and no reason to give the GM's cause for giving a ban when they might have otherwise just told you to release the bears from your house.
Done and my house now has private status.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well this is definatlly something that you should go post in the Bard forum there bro.

this very well may be a change in direction of the GMs.

they seem to change their stances on things over the years and they dont tell the player base, we are forced to find out through bannings and such.

so if you could, go over to the bard forum and let the peeps there know that you caught a 2 day holiday.
that way it re-enforces that bards in trianing should not do that, or do that with the knoledge that it is still a bannable offence.

that said, it is kinda ironic.
im actually on Europa right now training my bard skills.
and now im all jumpy and looking in the shadows for GMs!!!!

T

The Fallout

Well, gm's these days don't know much of what they are doing. Banning people for reporting bugged quivers like the person was told to do by EA. Banning people for bugged bridges they accidentally got stuck in. Ridiculous..... and if I remember POO they made you change your name... very stupid.

T

Tior[ExUO]

It's classed as blocking and has been against the rules for as long as I've played.
I remember when I played back in -98 or -99 I had sheeps in my house for whooling
Sad part was that they always got killed :(
But I never got banned....for that