• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Really like the new client...

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really like the new client, However I hate these bugs...

I had tried Kingdom Reborn and then the SA client but had a very annoying problem, the client would crash whenever I recalled or used a moongate. Well a graphics card change later and all is well and I just love the new client!

I love the macro system which is very easy to use after a few minutes of understanding, I love the map and how it shows quest people and the main point I love is the huge game-play window.

However.. There are a few bugs I really hate and would love fixed.

• The zoom isn't saved when you logout, If your zoomed right out and log out, when you log back in your zoom will be at a different level.

• When something is placed in your bag it can go under stuff instead of ontop of everything, like in 2d. For example when I collect seeds from my plants, they go under runebooks and other items.

• Gold coins seems to have an awful shadow right above it.

• Items you drop into a bag don't place where you drop them, this makes doing vendors in SA annoying (This is using legacy containers)

• The journal seems to not show the last line of text when using 'Time Stamp' on, so you only see it when more text bumps it up.

Some new bugs:

[*]The skill tracker doesn't actually update as you gain skill, you need to close and reopen it.

[*]The skill tracker doesn't open when you log back in, like the paperdoll and bag.

[*]When lots of particle effects are happening at once, e.g. at Slasher of Veils the screen freezes for up to 1 minute at a time and eventually looses half the map/grapics. Closing the client and reopening it solves this issue.

[*]Not a bug as such, but annoying, I'd like to close my runebook by right clicking on it anywhere, not just the title or pressing X.

I'm currently using the SA client full time so clearly these bugs aren't stopping my game-play but if they were fixed Id be one very very happy player :)

Thank you EA Mythic for what I think is a very very nice client!

O

Old Man of UO

- The journal seems to not show the last line of text, so you only see it when more text bumps it up.

I'm currently using the SA client full time so clearly these bugs aren't stopping my game-play but if they were fixed Id be one very very happy player :)

Thank you EA Mythic for what I think is a very very nice client!
I love the new client too, and like seeing someone giving it compliments after giving it a fair shot.

As far as the journal, do you have the time stamp on? This is a bug with that mod, not the chat per se.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the new client too, and like seeing someone giving it compliments after giving it a fair shot.

As far as the journal, do you have the time stamp on? This is a bug with that mod, not the chat per se.
Thank you for that, I had a feeling it DID work then it somehow broke, and your right I had the time stamp on, Thanks for that one!

O

Old Man of UO

Thank you for that, I had a feeling it DID work then it somehow broke, and your right I had the time stamp on, Thanks for that one!
You're welcome. It's now my fix, and I don't remember who passed it on to me, because I had the same problem.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a further week of testing I have added a few more bugs, Again almost none of them are making me not use the SA client full time. If I go to a champ spawn I will be going in 2d though.