• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reality Check

I

imported_SimTripps

Nope lol.. Mind you, I'd be ALOT happier with EA Land once/if the merge happens, and I can have my properties and sims there....

J

JRock

I think that in reality, only 10% of the community complain about things. Then things change and the 90% that don't keep themselves informed cry bloody murder.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red">
EA LAND IS WHAT WE WANT!!!
</font>

Ok Lets Be Real , Isnt this what we all wanted . We Were all getting bored , and tired of all these Millionaires. The Game was getting too easy. Everyone Had some much money , people didnt have anything to do with it .

[/ QUOTE ]

NOPE NOPE NOPE...did I say NOPE? didn't ask for nor want any of it. Was happy with my millions and ability to build new homes on a whim. Would take back the old TSO in a heart beat. So please,...from now on,...when you say "we all",....please change that to "all of us except him"

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red">
</font>

Ok Lets Be Real , Isnt this what we all wanted . We Were all getting bored , and tired of all these Millionaires. The Game was getting too easy. Everyone Had some much money , people didnt have anything to do with it .

[/ QUOTE ]

NOPE NOPE NOPE...did I say NOPE? didn't ask for nor want any of it. Was happy with my millions and ability to build new homes on a whim. Would take back the old TSO in a heart beat. So please,...from now on,...when you say "we all",....please change that to "all of us except him"

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I get what you're saying, but instead of "we all", "the majority of us" would have been closer, because you, as a person who was perfectly happy with everything as it was, must admit that you were in the minority feeling this way. It doesn't mean your feelings are invalid or wrong, but when only a minority of people feel a certain way then the whole game cannot stay stagnant to suit that minority and leave the majority unhappy...especially when the game is in iminent danger of closing if significant changes weren't made. Surely you must at least be able to concede that point?

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red">
</font>

Lets be real here , i rather have it this way , not creating an suicide ECONOMY again if everything is high Payed again. Another good this is that people cant sell objects they brought from other cities during the bullet train . This is good infact so they cant just sell high priced goods for all that money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have made over 100k selling items I brought over from BF. I crafted until my fingers we're blue and my eyes we're crossed but it paid off. Oh...all them expensive items I brought with me as well and I gave them all to alot of the new players that didn't have the opportunity to gather things for the productive cities like I did, *btw...I have several accts.* In time many will all be back into the millions in a honest way. Ohhh. I forgot to mention...NOOOO , I didn't want EA Land!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red">
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I get what you're saying, but instead of "we all", "the majority of us" would have been closer, because you, as a person who was perfectly happy with everything as it was, must admit that you were in the minority feeling this way. It doesn't mean your feelings are invalid or wrong, but when only a minority of people feel a certain way then the whole game cannot stay stagnant to suit that minority and leave the majority unhappy...especially when the game is in iminent danger of closing if significant changes weren't made. Surely you must at least be able to concede that point?

[/ QUOTE ]

So You like the old way (TSO) ... Well TO (ME) And Obviously alot of ppl who were using the BLOG before the idea of the merge was saying the game was lacking and it was very boring except for TC3 all other cities had no more than like 5 properties open , and about 20-25 online . Well to me i think its boring and i wasnt going to continue to pay 10.00 a month for nothing . I want to have fun . Point Blank. Im Not saying your wrong , but some people were getting bored like myself .

Didnt you see over the last year the population of paying customers have decreased rapidly ?? People were getting tired of the same old thing . Ea land gives us the opportunity to meet new people , and ect ..

V

vapd3317

Yes,...I do admit I am in a minority group of players. But it also shows that we all have different ways we play. I enjoy building more than anything else in this game, as others may enjoy chatting or pizza, which I have no affection for.

I also agree the game was dying out, as less and less players were found on line. I however still believe that even with these changes, that this game is very very unstable as to its existence and that only time will tell if it will revive.

As all these changes made have made many others happy. "Good on ya" is all I can say. All I ask is to not be grouped into those that asked for changes.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

"all of us except him, and Dali."

G

<blockquote><hr>

For the next 3 hours in EA-Land, the resturaunt and bot factory jobs will pay 3 times what they normally do!

Woohoo, thanks Parizad!

[/ QUOTE ]

P

PB Three

I'll admit, we needed new stuff to play with. We didn't nesseccarily need huge changes. The economy (or no-conomy) is revolving around stores; but on the other hand, these massive price fluctuations are hurting them severely. (Having relatively small ups &amp; downs would be ok, not these huge ones.)

I think I'd be ok with a price range of 7.5% in either direction. Not this huge 50-100% range.

Running a store myself, I feel these exact pains. For one that likes other games (yes, TS2 included), it's hard to find enough time (and will-power) to constantly ajust my prices for the current.

PB Three

O

ozzynowgone

i didnt ask for the changes i was perfectly happy with tso

so for you future post use that guy dali and myself to the we didnt want list

C

Caesar Weezer

Well after reading all the posts and grinning at the stupidity of all of them, I have a few things I'd like to add...

TSO is a game...always has been, and always will be. Who cares if the payouts are high?! Who cares if everyone is a millionaire...it's a game and it isn't meant to be like real life. If i wanted to play a game that was based on real life, i'd play russian roullette!!!!! Who the hell cares!?

I was against the mergers from the beginning! I never once liked the concept, and still don't. It's cool that they are trying to revamp the game, but at what cost? All we have right now is a buggy game that isn't worth my $10 a month. But I still play, and for that, I wont get into it.

I say they should have given players the choice of whether or not to merge. It's unfair to take away what we have gotten.

But we have no choice...so all I have is one request!!!

GIVE US MORE LOCKS!!!!!!!

O

ozzynowgone

the squeakiest wheel gets the greese they didnt poll ppl cause they listened to the cheerleaders shouting the loudest

cause they didnt have the simoleans they yelled

now noone has them and they still yell loudest about that fact

they still cheerlead though

cause they know noone has the simoleans just like they dont

the game could have been vastly improved by some upgrades like more skill locks and such

more catalog items

more paint schemes and colors

more rare items

the anniversary gifts on time

G

WELLL ....

I HAD MILLIONS ALSO, BUT IT GOT TO THE POINT WHERE THERE WAS NOTHING TO DO. I COULDNT BUYMORE OBJECTS BECUZ OF THE MAX. I WAS JUST GIVING MILLIONS TO FREE PLAYERS ND NEW PLAYERS . CITIES WERE DESERTED EXPECTED TC3 ...RIGHT??

IDK, i like ealand i think its more fun .logging on seeing properties opened and lots of ppl to talk too

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

WELLL ....

I HAD MILLIONS ALSO, BUT IT GOT TO THE POINT WHERE THERE WAS NOTHING TO DO. I COULDNT BUYMORE OBJECTS BECUZ OF THE MAX. I WAS JUST GIVING MILLIONS TO FREE PLAYERS ND NEW PLAYERS . CITIES WERE DESERTED EXPECTED TC3 ...RIGHT??

IDK, i like ealand i think its more fun .logging on seeing properties opened and lots of ppl to talk too

[/ QUOTE ]

Well maybe you belong there! Maybe everyone else there feels the same way you do.

But others don't. Not everyone agree's with you.

So shut your trap and go have fun in EA Land with your increased payouts. I'll be skilling in TC3 with no money and no way to get any. Come find me and maybe we'll have a good conversation about THAT.

G

EA Land is different yes, better? i'm not so sure yet. When it comes out of beta sometime in 2015 i'll let you know

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

Yeah it's better than watching Sims skill and using the same objects over and over again. Also, not having millions of $ to use also makes the game more fun. Just the radomness of it is awesome - like what the game was meant to be! Not the over flowing economy and rare-fest

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah it's better than watching Sims skill and using the same objects over and over again. Also, not having millions of $ to use also makes the game more fun. Just the radomness of it is awesome - like what the game was meant to be! Not the over flowing economy and rare-fest

[/ QUOTE ]

its the exact same game with less pay, higher costs. Don't know what u see but all i see is sims using the same objects over n over, skilling, earning $ just to buy/build/furnish a home. It really is the same with ok some new graphics and chairs etc.....

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That goes for me too. Well I do kind of enjoy all my sims in the same city but as far as the rest I didn't want.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

its the exact same game with less pay, higher costs. Don't know what u see but all i see is sims using the same objects over n over, skilling, earning $ just to buy/build/furnish a home. It really is the same with ok some new graphics and chairs etc.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is the same. And yes we do the same things over and over. And I really could care less about those new graphics and chairs. Not all of them are worth looking at. When they brought in the Custom Content, it should have been a contest and the winner(s) been put in the catalog (my opinion). They should have not let self portraits or family pictures into the game, IMO that is what the facebook was for.

The catalog decision, also my opinion, was a big mistake. Now no matter what they change the prices to, the store owners can price what they want and we'll have no choice but to buy at extra inflated prices. Unless we build our own store, of course.

The ATM's, being as they are, should not have been put in the game. They should have added all the features applied before being brought in.

Now that they have cut the payouts, which I don't agree with, it is nice to see the payouts increased for a few hours at a time.

I have closed my other account until this is all sorted out. If they continue to do things that I don't agree with I will close my main account and be done with the game.

G

THEY HAVE INCREASED PAYOUTS 3X AND PIZZA 8X NOW ...SO we should take advantage

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not anymore. That only lasted for 15 minutes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not anymore. That only lasted for 15 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO 15 minutes why even bother??? by the time u get a group of sims together and make/burn 3 pizzas its time to get crud pay again..

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You can change it a little bit more for that guy, Dali, that other guy and me !

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red">
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So far we seem to be the majority in this thread.... It doesn't really matter what he, she, we, us says anyway does it? The change has been made and we all have to make the best of it or " bottom line" Quit!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I also agree the game was dying out, as less and less players were found on line. I however still believe that even with these changes, that this game is very very unstable as to its existence and that only time will tell if it will revive.

[/ QUOTE ]

On that you are 100% correct. The only thing that is going to help that is hopes, prayers and the continuing patience and monetary support of the people playing, even if they get so discouraged by the changes that they do not log in for a few weeks or a few months even until things stabilize. Before people go off on a tyrade at that last statement, I realize that not everybody can afford to pay for a game that they do not play on a consistent basis, heck I'm almost one of those people myself, I just hope that those that can afford to do so, that that $10 a month won't make the difference between playing another game, or even paying an essential bill or whatever, will continue to support the game as it goes through all these changes.....that's all I mean.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red">
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So far we seem to be the majority in this thread.... It doesn't really matter what he, she, we, us says anyway does it? The change has been made and we all have to make the best of it or " bottom line" Quit!

[/ QUOTE ]

Formatting problem with the bolding fixed.....holy crap LOL /neurotic fit

Yes, you are the majority in *this* thread, but it's been said over and over that even if every single person posting on Stratics agreed with something, it would still not constitute a majority of the PLAYER BASE because a very small amount of people that play post here. It is up to them to have their voices count though....there's no excuse for any of us here not to make Stratics' presence known to those who don't know about it, as well as the blog and the Wiki so that anybody who wants a voice can have one. Fact remains that the majority of the people who did bother to make their voices heard screamed for some of the changes that are happening....and yes even screamed for some of the changes NOT to happen, but just like anything else in life, you have to be willing to put up with the negative to receive the good stuff.

From what I have observed, those that see mostly the negatives have themselves to blame for it......with every thing that has come up that has made me say '
WTF
' I've eventually said "*sigh* OK, if this is how things are gonna be, and I can't change it, then how am I gonna make this work to my advantage......I've got to develop a new strategy of playing to be what I call successful'. Sometimes that transition from pissed off to turning around doesn't happen very soon, sometimes it does, but every one of us posting here has that power to turn the negatives into as much of a positive as they can...it's just part of being a powergamer and having an attitude of "I'm GONNA do this, I won't fail". Or at least it is to me.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red">
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Formatting problem with the bolding fixed.....holy crap LOL /neurotic fit

Yes, you are the majority in *this* thread, but it's been said over and over that even if every single person posting on Stratics agreed with something, it would still not constitute a majority of the PLAYER BASE because a very small amount of people that play post here. It is up to them to have their voices count though....there's no excuse for any of us here not to make Stratics' presence known to those who don't know about it, as well as the blog and the Wiki so that anybody who wants a voice can have one. Fact remains that the majority of the people who did bother to make their voices heard screamed for some of the changes that are happening....and yes even screamed for some of the changes NOT to happen, but just like anything else in life, you have to be willing to put up with the negative to receive the good stuff.

From what I have observed, those that see mostly the negatives have themselves to blame for it......with every thing that has come up that has made me say '
WTF
' I've eventually said "*sigh* OK, if this is how things are gonna be, and I can't change it, then how am I gonna make this work to my advantage......I've got to develop a new strategy of playing to be what I call successful'. Sometimes that transition from pissed off to turning around doesn't happen very soon, sometimes it does, but every one of us posting here has that power to turn the negatives into as much of a positive as they can...it's just part of being a powergamer and having an attitude of "I'm GONNA do this, I won't fail". Or at least it is to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you for the most part Carrie but I do believe that the minority here are some of us stragglers that were playing TSO before EA Land was even thought of. At least the majority of sims i've known through the years are not happy with the change but, remember when they introduced Dragons Cove. So many we're gung ho in getting there and then the complaints began "everything here is too expensive, i'm going to have to make jams until 2050 and so on. We struggled but we made it work and had fun. Even with the wipe, we have overcome every obstacle, every change and made it work. Now, was I in favor of the merge and EA Land? No I wasn't just for the simple fact that in game ,and in stratics folks are more negative and some just downright hateful. I have been reading and replying alot today and that's why I stated that if your not going to try to make your sim sucessful, quit the game because I sure won't miss you and i'm not directing that to anyone personally, just in general.