• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

REAL VS MODIFIED

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 real skill vs 120 modified skill

does the real skill have any advantage over modified? (i would hope not or skill jewellry = useless but who knows)

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

For using Prov, Peace or Disc there is no difference.

For using the Mastery spells real skill is all that counts.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yup, what he said

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bah this info sucks...

Ive just put together a suit with quite a bit of +skill items. I belive it has a total of +75 bardingskill increase :(

So what that really means is that i can use my bard skills just as i could before the changes but i wont be able to get the new buffs that bardingskills provide?

Sucks to be me :wall:

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

You need a minimum of 90 real Music & whichever Bard skill in order to take the mastery quest and the effects of the spell songs are scaled from there up to 120, with additional effect for having more than 1 Bard skill.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need a minimum of 90 real Music & whichever Bard skill in order to take the mastery quest and the effects of the spell songs are scaled from there up to 120, with additional effect for having more than 1 Bard skill.
Okey! I think im at the 105 reall provo & Music and at 90 reall discord. All 120 with items though.
Will the spell songs be any usefull at all at these low levels?

Thanks in advance!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Having a mastery also reduces the skill timer and gives an increased success chance for whichever skill you have it in, so you may want to base it more on that than the spell songs themselves. At those levels Idk you'd have to try it but I would say that, even if you were 120 in all only 1 of the Prov ones is useful so I expect that will still be the case with what you have, Despair might be if you're using a slayer instrument you might get 30-50 damage out of it per tick, Tribulation is useless on anything other than a dexxer Bard.

I'd go with the Prov one that increases stats/HP and heals you continuously. Assuming you can sustain the mana on this build.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its been a while since i went deep into the bard masteries.... but i seem to recall that they are done in incriments of 10 when they are doleing out the extra points.

then of course ya get more for having more barding skills.

so you would gain nothing from being 105 instead of being 100.

ill have to look that up.

like youll still get buffs from doing them, just not as much.

here ill go have a look at the write up to have a look see.

back in a sec.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
but like posted above.
it is definatlly worth having a mastery JUST to have the reduction in the bard timer.

you get a reduction in ALL bard skills just for having a mastery.
then you get a further reduction in the skill you have a mastery in.

which in and of iteself is worth having the points high enough to get a mastery.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Okey! I think im at the 105 reall provo & Music and at 90 reall discord. All 120 with items though.
Will the spell songs be any usefull at all at these low levels?

Thanks in advance!
ok so lets have a look at the latest write up from the dev's

PUBLISH 66-67
Bard Skill Timeout reduced to 8 Seconds.

Bard Mastery System – NPC’s can be found in the Music Conservatory in Fel and Tram

* Bard players will be able to select one of three areas of bard mastery, each pertaining to one of the main barding skills. The mastery abilities will be based on the players’ skill in the associated area, but will NOT affect the current way the skill is used nor how the players interact with that skill.

Choosing / Obtaining a mastery:

* Players will perform a quest obtainable from the quest givers in the Music Conservatory.
* Players will be rewarded upon quest completion with a Spellbook containing the mastery abilities.

Mastery ability initiation.
* Once players have chosen a mastery, the abilities are freely usable at any time and only have as requirements the skill and mana costs.

Mastery abilities:
* Party must remain within range of the Bard to remain under the spellsong effects.
* Bards may be interrupted when they receive damage while using their abilities.
* A bard can have both their mastery spell songs active at the same time. Double* Not correct* Combined upkeep cost when using both Discordance* not correct* Multiple spell songs.
* Abilities do not stack with themselves.
* All abilities require upkeep dependent on how many are being affected by the ability.
* Abilities will not check for Criminal flagging, so beware of your Party members.
* Paladin abilities can now interrupt Bard abilities. No Longer Valid*
* Bards with secondary bard skills above GM (Real Skill) will receive a slightly reduced mana cost for spell song upkeep.
* Bards with a mastery get a 5% bonus to their success chance at using any bard skills, and a 10% bonus to using the skill of their mastery focus.
* All bard songs receive a slight bonus to their effects if the bard has additional bard skills over GM(Real Skill).
* Having a bard mastery reduces all Bard Skill Timeouts by 1 second, and an additional second for the Skill of the mastery focus.

Provocation: Title Exhilarator (These will be considered beneficial actions)
* Inspire: Party Hit chance increase by up to 15%, Damage increase by up to 40%, SDI increased by up to 15% (PvP Cap 15)(Provocation Based)
* Invigorate: Party Hit Points increased by up to 20, Party healed for 7-16 dmg every 4 seconds. (Provocation Based). Party Strength, Dex, Int ,Increased by Up to 8.

Peacemaking: Title Galvanizer (These will be considered beneficial actions)
* Resilience: Poison resistance increase(not the stat), Mortal, Bleed, Curse effect Durations decreased, Hp regen bonus 2-8, mana regen bonus 2-8, stamina regen bonus 2-8.
* Preservance: Party Defense Chance increased by up to 16%, Damage reduced by up to 16%. Casting focus bonus 1-4%

Discordance: Title Desponder (These will be considered aggressive/negative actions)
* Discordance spell songs are affected by the target's magic resistance. (PvP and specific Mobs only)
* Tribulation: Target Hit Chance reduced by up to 32%, Spell Damaged reduced by 32% , Damage Taken can trigger additional damage between 8-32% of the damage taken once per second. (Discordance Based) (Chance to Trigger damage Musicianship Based). Damage bonus modified by 1.5 with Instruments. Upkeep cost 11.
* Despair: Target Strength Reduced by up to 32, 20 – 48 Damage (Physical), every 2 seconds. Damage is 1.5x vs Non Player, 3x Damage with Slayer Instruments. Upkeep cost 13.
ok so this one will effect you

Bards with secondary bard skills above GM (Real Skill) will receive a slightly reduced mana cost for spell song upkeep

and this one

Bards with a mastery get a 5% bonus to their success chance at using any bard skills, and a 10% bonus to using the skill of their mastery focus.

and this

All bard songs receive a slight bonus to their effects if the bard has additional bard skills over GM(Real Skill).

and

Bard Skill Timeout reduced to 8 Seconds.

coupled with this

Having a bard mastery reduces all Bard Skill Timeouts by 1 second, and an additional second for the Skill of the mastery focus.

Each additional bard skill above GM after the mastery skill and musicianship grants -1 to spell song upkeep cost.

and provo

* Inspire: Party Hit chance increase by up to 15%, Damage increase by up to 40%, SDI increased by up to 15% (PvP Cap 15)(Provocation Based)
* Invigorate: Party Hit Points increased by up to 20, Party healed for 7-16 dmg every 4 seconds. (Provocation Based). Party Strength, Dex, Int ,Increased by Up to 8.

or if you go disco route

* Discordance spell songs are affected by the target's magic resistance. (PvP and specific Mobs only)
* Tribulation: Target Hit Chance reduced by up to 32%, Spell Damaged reduced by 32% , Damage Taken can trigger additional damage between 8-32% of the damage taken once per second. (Discordance Based) (Chance to Trigger damage Musicianship Based). Damage bonus modified by 1.5 with Instruments. Upkeep cost 11.
* Despair: Target Strength Reduced by up to 32, 20 – 48 Damage (Physical), every 2 seconds. Damage is 1.5x vs Non Player, 3x Damage with Slayer Instruments. Upkeep cost 13.

OK, HERE IS THE INFO ON THE ADDED PERKS FOR HAVING NATURAL 120 and more of them.

Provo

Inspire:
HCI/SDI: 4 - 16 (Base)
- +1% Bonus per 10 points in a secondary skill above GM. (So thats up to 22% HDI/SDI for a 4x Legendary Bard) (PvP Cap is still 15% SDI)
DI = 20 - 40% (Base) + 3% Per 10 points in secondary skill above GM (58% at 4x Legendary)

Invigorate:
+2 -> 8 To each stat (Base)
(4x Legendary = +14)
Healing 4-16 (Base) , 4xLegendary (10-22)

and Disco

Tribulation:
Bonus damage is no longer physical. Its a flat % of damage taken.
Duration (5-11 rounds) - 4x Legendary =14 rounds
Bonus Damge (8 - 32%) Base, 4x Legendary ( 50%)
Bonus Damage Chance ( 15 - 60%) Base, 4x Legendary (84%)
HCI/SDI Debuff (5 - 20%) Base, 4xLegendary (32%)

Despair:
Duration (5-11 rounds) - 4x Legendary =14 rounds
Damage (9 - 36) (Base) , 4x Legendary (48)
PvM Damage Modifier 1.5x
PvM w/Slayer Damage Modifier 3x
Strength Reduction (4 - 16) Base, 4x (22) (Subject to modifier for PvM and slayers)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
meat and potatoes of it all:

having the mastery will give you;
a) reduction in barding timer down from 8 seconds to 7 seconds in all barding skills and down to 6 seconds in the mastery skill

b) reduction in mana cost (-1 for skills ABOVE GM)

c) 5% bonus in all barding skills, 10% in you mastery

d) the bard songs recieve a bonus for skill(s) over GM

and then the provo masteries would break down like this.
if you where 90 in music, provo and disco
Inspire:
HCI/SDI: 4 - 16 (Base)
DI: 20 - 40% (Base)

with 120 skill in music, provo and disco
Inspire:
HCI/SDI: 20
DI: 52%

and if you stack it with the other provo bard mastery spell you will get a buff to your stats
+2 -> 8 To each stat (Base) (4x Legendary = +14) (would be as high since you dont run peace)
Healing 4-16 (Base) (4xLegendary (10-22) (again not so high since you dont run peace)

so ya, in a nut shell even with out the high skills, if you can at least get to 100 (GM) in all three of the skills (music, provo and disco) then it looks like it will be very helpfull too ya.
and 120 would be ice cream with lots of toppings.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
granted, i wonder just how good all this will be.
cause i was out killing the ancient hell hounds and i was using the provo mastery and i was finding that EVERY TIME i got hit i was loosing the masteries and would have to re cast, and i was standing back and playing the roll of the good old bard.

thats not going toe to toe in a melee template.

so reall, how good would all this be against something that hits you while your nose to nose with it?

meh, not sure.

dont have a fencer or macer or swordsman bard.

only archers bards and pure bards and disco tamers.

so i couldnt say.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're going melee and had peace mastery as an option, the dci and the damage reduction may lower your damage taken enough that you don't get interrupted. Also if you ran both at the same time the added regen could very well allow you to keep them up perpetually.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well played sir, well played indeed!

good to see your still lurking around old bean.

Satana

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
so does this mean that i would be better off having 120 real prov/peace and 120 modified music .. so that i can get the mastery bonus of increased success chance for either provocation or peacemaking?

currently i have 120 real music/prov and 100 peace plus 20 from skill jewelery

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

No, having the mastery gives the increased success chance. The chance doesn't vary.

The only thing that real skill does is affect the bonuses added by the active use of spell songs.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya its good to have real skill at 100,110 or 120 and wasted at 95 and 105 or such
100 will give the start bonuses so at least have 100 real skill.

Lorddog