• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any chance of dealing with greifers?

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Specifically players that wait until your pets are on Navrey to use the pillars to rain rocks down?

I hate paging but this noob is totally bogarting Navrey.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone on Atl used to do this daily. While I agree its a d!#k move, if you pay attention to them running around... there's 3 pillars.
After the 2nd pillar you should b able to tell what they're doing. Just hit your "all stop" macro followed by "all follow me".
If your a mage its even easier to deal with by casting inviso after "all follow me"(start casting while your giving commands).

You may have to spam "all stop" 2 or 3 times quickly followed by "all follow me" but I've never lost a pet when I was paying attention.
Even if the rocks fall on your pet u can pull them out fast enough using those commands where they won't die.

The griefer on Atl was a spellweaving gm hiding mage that would stay hidden the entire time a group fought Navrey. Then would
only pop out to pull rocks then hide until the rocks became usable again. Staying hidden, they would pop out again at the end just
to hit Navrey with WoD for looting right. To thank them for their contribution in the fight and high code of gaming ethics, I would
cast stone walls in front of their LoS to Navrey effectively blocking their WoDs from landing.

I would then LOL when they cursed me out, told me I had been paged on, and my account would be banned because they didn't get
looting rights. I never once saw a GM concerning this. After a few rounds w/o looting rights they would usually leave.

Good luck dealing with this equine's rectum.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Specifically players that wait until your pets are on Navrey to use the pillars to rain rocks down?

I hate paging but this noob is totally bogarting Navrey.
Paging will get no results as using the in game mechanic for what it is designed for is not greifing. Or that is the story that was always given on Atlantic when folks would page for the same reason.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While it's not nice to not warn people when you going to drop the rocks, it's also pretty egoistic when a bunch of tamers expect everyone to not use the quickest way to farm Navrey only because they are too lazy too call their pets of two times per fight.

I usually yelled "rocks!" when they became available again and started the run. Some people didn't act and yelled in front of their dead pets. Some acted and just said "all kill" after it and went on. But even the yelling ones got a rez for pet after everybody stopped laughing *shrugs*

It's really not *that hard* to see when someone is clicking the pillars? o_O

Since the taming update that deffo became worse. There was less drama when the cave was full of spellweavers and sampires :p

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The griefer on Atl was a spellweaving gm hiding mage that would stay hidden the entire time a group fought Navrey. Then would
only pop out to pull rocks then hide until the rocks because usable again. Staying hidden, they would pop out again at the end just
to hit Navrey with WoD for looting right. To thank them for their contribution in the fight and high code of gaming ethics, I would
cast stone walls in front of their LoS to Navrey effectively blocking their WoDs from landing.

I would then LOL when they cursed me out, told me I had been paged on, and my account would be banned because they didn't get
looting rights. I never once saw a GM concerning this. After a few rounds w/o looting rights they would usually leave.

Sound like goold ol stinky Lady M*** to me :D Never short of dancing on someones body who got webbed and killed, but very sensible when someone ruining her day for a moment :lol: I accepted her as some pet of Navrey at some point, and we had some laughs roleplaying around her being very "stinky".

But sometimes I was happy that I didn't had to argue with the tamers whether we use rocks or not.:thumbup:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
they are too lazy too call their pets of two times per fight.

I think the ones who complain are usually the ones afk and letting their pet kill, so they are not at the keyboard to call them back lol. But, I guess I could be wrong.

Before the Pet Revamp I would take my sons disco'er there. Disco Navery with mastery then hit her with the rocks.. dang near redlines her from full health. Bet if someone did that now the tamers would be REALLY mad.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I can see both sides of this, but I honestly can't say that using an available game-mechanic can be considered griefing. If you are there first then just say you will be using the rocks and it's up to others to move their pets. Quite a few times I have been there alone and someone has turned up with a pet and assumed there won't be any more rocks....but since I was already started killing Navrey myself I see that as mine and I'll just leave them to it when I've finished. I don't mind people joining in, but if I already started it's my rules! I've also seen friends turn on those rocks while pets were on Navrey, totally innocently, not realising what would happen...it was funny afterwards... :D

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Or I've seen someone new just use the rocks ignorantly and a tamer yell at them like they were deathly offended. People in this game are so thin skinned. No one owns a spawn. The mechanics are there. You have to work around things and not expect others to for you.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There is actually a person that I won't name on Europa that yells at you if you use the rocks and accuses you of cheating! Weird thing is, they don't even have a pet....my husband has had no end of abuse from them as he does Navrey a lot! :eek:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is actually a person that I won't name on Europa that yells at you if you use the rocks and accuses you of cheating! Weird thing is, they don't even have a pet....my husband has had no end of abuse from them as he does Navrey a lot! :eek:
Cheating? So why did the designers put the rocks there if you’re not supposed to use them? Ignorance ...

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Someone on Atl used to do this daily. While I agree its a d!#k move, if you pay attention to them running around... there's 3 pillars.
After the 2nd pillar you should b able to tell what they're doing. Just hit your "all stop" macro followed by "all follow me".
If your a mage its even easier to deal with by casting inviso after "all follow me"(start casting while your giving commands).

You may have to spam "all stop" 2 or 3 times quickly followed by "all follow me" but I've never lost a pet when I was paying attention.
Even if the rocks fall on your pet u can pull them out fast enough using those commands where they won't die.

only pop out to pull rocks then hide until the rocks because usable again. Staying hidden, they would pop out again at the end just

Only in UO can someone post something complaining about a game mechanic and calling it griefing and then having someone post how they actually are griefing others. They then get likes for how they're griefing a player that uses game mechanics in the game.

What's wrong with remaining hidden? Isn't Hide a skill? You're using a pet to kill. I don't see much of a difference. You're using a skill and they're using a skill. This is just another example of, "I'm more righter, so I can do what I want."

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Curious...
That store item that allows you to spawn rare color pets, that no one else can tame...
Is it acceptable to interfere with that? Game mechanics do allow you to kill those.
I mean, I wouldn't personally, I've left the area when someone is using that...
Just saying

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

This is funny because I know exactly who you are talking about and it only took me a week of farming Narvey to notice this person. Even as a newly returned player, I also got cuss out, ridiculed any time I died and threated to be reported to a GM for using a game mechanic that developers choose to ignore.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're using a pet to kill. I don't see much of a difference.
No, I'm not using a pet. I never go down there on a tamer. It's faster to kill Navrey with my disco mystic gargoyle and
scrapper's spider slayer.

This player curses others saying "Leave my spawn you @#@#%#$ !", they refuse to res anyone at any time,
they actively try to kill players and pets using rocks, they lure Navrey onto other players then cast inviso,
and are basically roleplaying a subhuman. Lady M deserves far worse then a few stone walls.

I'm just casting walls of stone cause Navrey skeers me & I feel safer with her on the other side of them. :p
If GMs had a problem with this maybe one would have said something in the dozens of times it's happened.
People in this game are so thin skinned.
Couldn't agree more.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sound like goold ol stinky Lady M*** to me :D Never short of dancing on someones body who got webbed and killed, but very sensible when someone ruining her day for a moment :lol: I accepted her as some pet of Navrey at some point, and we had some laughs roleplaying around her being very "stinky".

But sometimes I was happy that I didn't had to argue with the tamers whether we use rocks or not.:thumbup:
That was my first thought as well. I know I paged on her a few times, since she ended up getting players killed with the rocks. Sure, it's our own fault because, well, it's M***, and we all know what she does. But it's still illegal to kill players in Tram that way, sooooo

I don't usually bring my tamers down there on Atl, although I have on occasion for the hell of it. I'm more likely to bring one of my throwers and Armor Ignore spam, since it's much faster than any other method available to me.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was my first thought as well. I know I paged on her a few times, since she ended up getting players killed with the rocks. Sure, it's our own fault because, well, it's M***, and we all know what she does. But it's still illegal to kill players in Tram that way, sooooo

I don't usually bring my tamers down there on Atl, although I have on occasion for the hell of it. I'm more likely to bring one of my throwers and Armor Ignore spam, since it's much faster than any other method available to me.
Yea, to her defense, she was already there before taming became a thing again :D

It's those little things that let me laugh when thinking about the fun times on UO..

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
While I don't know if what you describe is griefing or not, I will answer the question as you asked it: No. UO will never again deal seriously with griefing.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curious...
That store item that allows you to spawn rare color pets, that no one else can tame...
Is it acceptable to interfere with that? Game mechanics do allow you to kill those.
I mean, I wouldn't personally, I've left the area when someone is using that...
Just saying
Yup, that's allowed.
When they were asked the Devs said "It was working as intended and part of game mechanics".........Yeah...i thought of a few words in my head too when i first read the response. ;)

We later found out the Totem wasn't worth the crowns spent on it in the 1st place, which is why it's such a great seller now...not.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My son and I did Navery every so often on Origin... not many came in so we used the rocks to kick it down.
Every now and then a person would come in see us doing the rocks and ignore the unstated rule of first there ...
Which is not held by the dev... to the basic on this is anyone can jump in its a free for all.
The wait your turn bit is our want not the games rule.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yup, that's allowed.
When they were asked the Devs said "It was working as intended and part of game mechanics".........Yeah...i thought of a few words in my head too when i first read the response. ;)

We later found out the Totem wasn't worth the crowns spent on it in the 1st place, which is why it's such a great seller now...not.
You'll be surprised to see how often and how many use that thing at the ilsh nightmare spawn.