• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Real problem with lesser hiru (bug?)

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hellos,

I just made come back few days ago. I heard about new taming and went instant tame lesser hiru.. found super good. Took just 1 slot and HP and STR almost max! I bought pet bonding potion from shop and used it.

I started training and now I have trained it few times (About 1500 per round). Now slots shows 4 => 5 so I think I have lost 1 round.

I took some HP:s, dex, mana, mr , AI and bushido.

But seems like next round i have too few points to got enough STR, HP, 120 PS, Regenerations etc.

I am pretty sure I have lost one training round somehow? Is it bug or do I have done something wrong.. and can I fix it?

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You probably did lose a slot hence me waiting till this next publish goes live to start training anything again as supposedly this if fixed with the next publish.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
good evening Ford, Sadly you did cause a slot jump.. right now there are math balance that figure out what make a pet a current slot.. so adding build heavy stats on a pet will cause a jump in the current system... next pub they altered the way it works and added anti slot jumping math to that system.... it makes it near impossible to slot jump.. Ive tried to make it to do and have yet to do it.. at least on test... until pub 98 lands.. you have to add a balance of things each round to insure you don't slot jump .. for lesser hiryus the first round increase stam/dex to 150.. fix resisit.. ( I find 80 80 45 80 80 is the best all around build.. but so long as you phy and fire are 80 you are golden..) give it armor ignore or goo ( you can only have one of these or the other..) then teach it a school of magic... after this increase mana reg to 30 .. and rest into mana pool.. then the following lvls ya basicly add small amount of HP , str .. max out hp reg, add 5 stam reg( 9 if you are going chiv 12-14 if ya don't go with 120 focus) ... you can max your str to 700 before the last round as long as ya did it bit by bit on the other slots... Don't max base damage until str is maxed.. sometimes the game will round down and never round up to your max base damage.. ..and always remember to check and make sure its maxed in your last round as this is the most important things that can be done on a pet... there is a much much more detailed lay out of how to do this in " new changes and stats" forum... but if ya need any help .. feel free to message me or post and I will meet you on test with a copy of your pet and walk ya through it.. =^-^=

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
good evening Ford, Sadly you did cause a slot jump.. right now there are math balance that figure out what make a pet a current slot.. so adding build heavy stats on a pet will cause a jump in the current system... next pub they altered the way it works and added anti slot jumping math to that system.... it makes it near impossible to slot jump.. Ive tried to make it to do and have yet to do it.. at least on test... until pub 98 lands.. you have to add a balance of things each round to insure you don't slot jump .. for lesser hiryus the first round increase stam/dex to 150.. fix resisit.. ( I find 80 80 45 80 80 is the best all around build.. but so long as you phy and fire are 80 you are golden..) give it armor ignore or goo ( you can only have one of these or the other..) then teach it a school of magic... after this increase mana reg to 30 .. and rest into mana pool.. then the following lvls ya basicly add small amount of HP , str .. max out hp reg, add 5 stam reg( 9 if you are going chiv 12-14 if ya don't go with 120 focus) ... you can max your str to 700 before the last round as long as ya did it bit by bit on the other slots... Don't max base damage until str is maxed.. sometimes the game will round down and never round up to your max base damage.. ..and always remember to check and make sure its maxed in your last round as this is the most important things that can be done on a pet... there is a much much more detailed lay out of how to do this in " new changes and stats" forum... but if ya need any help .. feel free to message me or post and I will meet you on test with a copy of your pet and walk ya through it.. =^-^=
Thanks.

Sadly my pet become total trash and more sadly I lost 500 soverigan shop coins for pet pond potion. Not so nice start for comeback.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
We all have made mistakes in this pet program ... ts far better to have a jump early on then after you have already invest full 120s.. Soon there will be no more slot jumps.. so don't let it get ya down.. =^-^=

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a lesser going right now. I dont know what skills I want to put on it. So I wont use points on those.

Here is what I made the second slot. (1st upgrade)

upload_2017-7-31_20-12-27.png

Here is what I put on third slot. (2nd upgrade) I only added stats.

upload_2017-7-31_20-37-24.png

Training next round now

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is what i did on 4th slot. (3rd upgrade)

upload_2017-7-31_21-15-3.png

I Increased max damage and put on more Stats.

Ill stop when it gets to 100% and wait till I decide what skills to put on it. Ill have 1501 points.

This is what you can do to train a Lesser Hiryu to 5 slots without jumping.

Last edited:

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is what i did on 4th slot. (3rd upgrade)

View attachment 70010

I Increased max damage and put on more skills.

Ill stop when it gets to 100% and wait till I decide what skills to put on it. Ill have 1501 points.

This is what you can do to train a Lesser Hiryu to 5 slots without jumping.
Thanks!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks.

Sadly my pet become total trash and more sadly I lost 500 soverigan shop coins for pet pond potion. Not so nice start for comeback.
Unfortunately you're in the boat with the rest of us that aren't part of a 3 or 4 person group whose pets will get fixed secretly.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Pawain, how come your Lesser has only 31 mana at first? We lored over 20 of them and they all seem to have 60 mana, no more, no less?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pawain, how come your Lesser has only 31 mana at first? We lored over 20 of them and they all seem to have 60 mana, no more, no less?
I have no idea. Edit: I was at the mage. Would it cast a spell that reduced mana and dex? Also I dont know why I put so many HP on in the first upgrade. Tempting a slot jump maybe.

I usually put mana to 400 or 600 at that point to judge how much the pet uses with its specials.

(I actually think pets have different personalities and preferences to what skills they use)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Lets be fair folks. They already have stated that if you have any bug - related problem with pets they will fix. All you have to do is page an admin and they will look into it and fix it. For anyone. Unless it is about the pet exploit, that was just that, an exploit caused by rez-killing pets to drop their stats. We live and learn. Please have a little positive attitude, and try to instill that on the newcomers, and people returning to UO. As said before this is a massive upgrade - update to uo, it was all about our taming, and with so many things changing, you expect bugs and fixes. Also its all about making the game much more enjoyable and fair. In short if you think you have a pet problem, page an admin and they will look into it It would be hard to believe that there is some type of favoritism IMHO.