• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reactive Shield

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

Basically what I'm after is something along the lines of a Spell Channel shield, with no casting penalty, Reactive Armor, and at least 15 DCI.

With reforging and legendaries I don't know if it's possible but what I'd also like on the shield is any of (in order of importance):

MR
Stats
HP
Mana
LMC
RPD
HPR
Soul Charge

Is there any particular runic I should be using? Will Reactive come up just from runic or do I need to reforge, and if so what settings, also am I better off doing metal, or wood and then enhancing. Or am I at the mercy of legendaries?

Thank you.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you need reactive paralyze....not reactive armor. There is very little that can be imbued on a shield...and even less room. Verite or valorite hammers...reforging and getting really lucky!

The more I look at this...I would go farm legendary drops. Because I think your wish list exceeds anything craft-able by mortals!

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Your best bet is to use a hammer like a copper which are conveniently pretty plentiful too and choose whatever the title is that gives you reactive para, then choose one that contains one of the others. Reforge until you have a 2 property shield with the Reactive + (one other property). Then you can imbue with SC, FC 1 and DCI - in theory. I'm not sure what the imbue weight of Reactive Para is - but if you get, say, MR 2 you're also getting a lot of property weight (I think...).

Using a Valorite hammer might get you there too, given that there's so few slots that can go on a shield the val hammer will get you most of them no matter what. The problem here is, you're likely to end up with the game's most valuable shield, given that you're going getting 2 chances per hammer.

I was playing around on TC the other day, and val hammers make some nice shields, but just too all over the map for me to use given that I needed SSI 10 - and the val hammer doesn't let you choose the Haste package.