• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

re tracking and detect hidden questions

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Here are a few questions re the Tracking and Detect Hidden skills I would like answered. Thanks in advance to any persons whom contribute to this thread.

In regards to Tracking, what is the minimum necessary for this skill to have an effect on Death Strike? Also, does having more skill in Tracking have more of an effect on Death Strike? And, if so, what is the maximum Tracking needed for having maximum effect on Death Strike?

In regards to Detect Hidden, what are the distinctions in skill effectiveness relative to skill level (i.e., what does the skill actually do at the different levels one may attain)?

If it matters, I am interested in the answers to the above questions in general and, should the Siege rule set make for any differences, I am interested in accounting for that difference.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As far as I know, Tracking has no bearing on Death Strike. Higher levels of tracking allow for you to find people in a larger radius and people with higher stealth. Stealth and hiding do have an effect on death strike, as well as how many steps the target takes for 5 seconds after you hit them. If your target runs, they take more damage.

Higher levels of detect hidden allow you to reveal players with higher stealth. I am not sure of the exact formula, but revealing someone with 120 stealth is much more difficult than revealing someone with 80 stealth. Most people only have 80 stealth unless they are trying to maximize the effect of Death Strike.

As a thief, I like to have as much stealth as possible to make it more difficult to be revealed passively when I am trying to get right next to people when I can't use shadow jump, on siege I don't have to worry about this as there is no passive detect. I often use the ninjitsu mastery "shadow" to move up next to people as well, (only if shadow jump is out of the question) but I have to be careful because it will drain all of my mana so I may not be able to use llama form immediately when I want to get away.

Suri

Visitor
The way tracking applied damage to Death Strike is by tracking your victim a set distance from the point you originally tracked them. PvP has changed a lot. In the past Tracking skill and distance tracked were added into the damage of Death Strike. Capped at 62 damage, if you tracked them. I would love to jump on the test center and see if it's any different now if you want to test it with me. UO guide says the damage is capped at 50 for PvP, but it would be best to test it ourselves. UO guide is no longer updated.

Last edited:

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok besides from death strike is it neccessary to have like GM tracking on char that has GM detect hidden?