• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

re current governors & town buffs

which trade deal/ town buff(s) do you find useful?

• Guild of Arcane Arts: +5% Spell Damage Increase

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Society of Clothiers: +1% Resist bump to all resists

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bardic Collegium: +1 Faster Casting

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Order of Engineers: +3 Dexterity Bonus

• Guild of Healers: 5% Bandage Healing Bonus

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Maritime Guild: +2 Hit Point Regeneration

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Merchant’s Association: +2 Mana Regeneration

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Mining Cooperative: +3 Strength Bonus

• League of Rangers: +3 Intelligence Bonus

• Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Warrior’s Guild: +5% Hit Chance Increase

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can we get a list of all current governors and associated town buffs?

Also, I realize some buffs are much more popular than others and some are not represented at all some times: is it possible that we work together to insure all (or close to all) buffs are represented across our cities?

I am making a list below and plan to update it as information comes in; once all are in, I aim to contact the governors where buffs are repeated to encourage them to help broaden things up as far as diversity of buffs go.

Thanks in advance to all persons whom contribute to this thread with the above requested information.

Britain
FC1, Bardic Collegium
Starcon

Jhelom
5% HCI, Warrior's Guild
Sam

Minoc

5% SSI, Guild of Assassins
Toshi

Moonglow
+2 Mana Regeneration, Merchant’s Association
-governor pending king's choice-

Magincia
Morgan Ironfist

Skara Brae
FC1, Bardic Collegium
Carrick McGee

Trinsic
5% SDI, Guild of Arcane Arts
Sarah

Vesper
FC1, Bardic Collegium
Victim

Yew
FC1, Bardic Collegium
Blitzkrieg

*this list current as of summer 2020

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam

Sam

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jhelom's governor is Sam and is and always will run Warrior’s Guild: +5% Hit Chance Increase

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make all of the buffs available to any citizen via a context menu, or town stone drop down. Anything else is "sorry" just stupid. Also every citizen should be able to click on any city stone and see the names of its citizens. The simple fact that this data is not saved and on display at all times, just show shows how corrupt it really is. :p

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Make all of the buffs available to any citizen via a context menu, or town stone drop down. Anything else is "sorry" just stupid.
Agreed. Attaching a buff to an RP only system in the first place was a bad idea, and then making it so the governor has to pick it for you was an even more terrible idea. On Atlantic practically everyone picks the SSI buff for their town, especially when governorships were more popular, because the pvp'ers like it the most and will make sure nobody wins who doesn't pick SSI so they can keep using it due to building their pvp suits around it.

Sam

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
gee thanks for hijacking this thread guys!

Toshi

Visitor
UNLEASHED
I can understand a couple of duplicates, but really, 3 towns with FC1? Last I checked Moonglow was open, if someone wants to petition the King to be seated there as Governor. Maybe you could pick something different. Minoc will remain SSI.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can understand a couple of duplicates, but really, 3 towns with FC1? Last I checked Moonglow was open, if someone wants to petition the King to be seated there as Governor. Maybe you could pick something different. Minoc will remain SSI.
it happens on all shards as people want to role play as governor (or just be able to ensure they get the buff they want) and they will either choose what they want for the buff or what the citizens want. that is the way it has been since the beginning. I am attempting to contact the citizenry of Vesper to ask what they would like for a buff but have as yet been able to find one *scratches his horns on that one*

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well, thanks to all who were generous with their time & effort in filling this out so far...

There are still two governor's seats which I have not been able to verify the occupants thereof: Moonglow & Yew; does anyone know the holders of those?

Regarding the great representation of trade deals/ town buffs, we so far have the following represented:

FC1, Bardic Collegium
5% HCI, Warrior's Guild
5% SDI, Guild of Arcane Arts
+2 MR, Merchant's Association

According to uoguide, these are the total of different buffs available (I've highlighted the ones not currently represented):
  • Guild of Arcane Arts: +5% Spell Damage Increase
  • Society of Clothiers: +1% Resist bump to all resists
  • Bardic Collegium: +1 Faster Casting
  • Order of Engineers: +3 Dexterity Bonus
  • Guild of Healers: 5% Bandage Healing Bonus
  • Maritime Guild: +2 Hit Point Regeneration
  • Merchant’s Association: +2 Mana Regeneration
  • Mining Cooperative: +3 Strength Bonus
  • League of Rangers: +3 Intelligence Bonus
  • Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase
  • Warrior’s Guild: +5% Hit Chance Increase
Before asking the existing governors who have repeated buffs to consider a change, why not entertain a poll on which buffs people care about? I am attaching a poll to this thread which includes all of the buffs available (even the ones already represented); I ask that each person please vote for the buff (or buffs; one may vote for as many as they please) which they find useful and believe they will actually be using. In this way, we can get an idea of what needs we have for our different templates & builds.

Thanks to all for participating.

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd be open to changing Vesper, if I can find any Citizens of Vesper that is . . .

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If we can't just have a context menu choice selection, then I say they designate a buff to each specific city. It only makes sense that Minoc would be the Mining Cooperative and being a citizen there would grant you that buff only. Don't care for that buff ? Then that or another city loses it's popularity, then it's citizens, and then finally has no governor which makes it Lawless and perfect from an RP perspective..this current way of doing it is silly.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well, the results are rushing in like a mighty river: 10 whole votes in so far (Siege is a big and busy place).

It looks as if most of the sought after buffs are currently represented per what the poll results so far show; only the HPR buff is sought but not available. Going to let this simmer now like a good mongbat stew and check in after a few days, let this mighty river run its course.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well, it does appear the tide has slowed and the votes are in. It also appears that most of the sought after buffs are already represented across the different cities, with the two exceptions of the Guild of Healers (5% Bandage Healing Bonus) and the Maritime Guild (+2 Hit Point Regeneration).

My original desire was to a) catalog what buffs are active, and b) encourage a more complete coverage should buffs not be represented. Being that most that are sought after are covered and that the demand per the voters for the rest is very low, I will be leaving things as they are and not troubling the waters any further.

Thanks to all who voted and contributed.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone posted on the offical forums about the fact that FC1 is way more awesome than any other buff, Kyronix quickly replied and locked the thread, typical of the current state of things.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone posted on the offical forums about the fact that FC1 is way more awesome than any other buff, Kyronix quickly replied and locked the thread, typical of the current state of things.
To be Fair, it was Mervyn. but yeah, they are quick on the lock over there.