• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

rate hike/tax?!?

Q

queenbeck

i just logged into my checking account and noticed an EA charge. no issue there, but the amount IS an issue.....$63.59??? what happened to $59.99?? are they now taxing? (i checked to see what the tax would be for my state, and it adds up to exactly 63.59.....) when did this happen, and can they do that??? i've never had to pay tax on any of our accounts....and i checked the billing info on the account and it still says $59.99 usd/six months.
can anyone shed some light on this, so i know whether or not to make a phone call.
thanks,
queenbeck
GL

G

These days when you sign up for an account, it has an extra page which notifies you of a tax. I live in California and no tax is charged to me, but where you're from there may be a tax. So it all depends on where you live, it's not really up to EA, it seems. Where do you live, by the way?

Q

queenbeck

i just went into all of our accounts and checked...all say $59.99/6 months. i also went back in my checkbook...had 2 accts paid in january...both were charged $59.99. have never paid tax for them...why would they start now??
*note..the "yongest" account we have is about 3 years old*

G

because at the end of january this year, eamythic decided to start charging applicable taxes for your state. there have been several threads here, it appears that some of the charged rates might be incorrect. Supposable it is being "look into" by ea lawyers/bean counters. I doubt we ever get an answer again from EAMythic.

So you have 2 choices:

pay the tax and play or
do not pay and close your accounts.