• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rat Renowned

S

Scoobs

Can anyone confirm that Riktor (the renowned rat in the abyss) only drops regular rat loot? I do find this odd given the number of hit points he has?

B

BeefSupreme

Yep, 200 gold or less + misc junk.

sometimes an ingredient. Just like the rest of the rats.

M

Muu Bin

Can anyone confirm that Riktor (the renowned rat in the abyss) only drops regular rat loot? I do find this odd given the number of hit points he has?
As an FYI, Rikktor is the dragon boss at the champ spawns in Fel/ Ilsh. As for the renowned rats in the Abyss, there are 3 different ones I believe: Riktavi, Vitavi, and another I forget at the moment.

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
regardless of their names, they all drop crappy loot, though that is suppose to be changing sometime with a future publish.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the important exception that it probably gives out certain artifacts, either dropping on the corpse or dropping on the ground near the corpse.

But yeah, the loot for all Renowneds is the same as the creature they are based on.

It's just that the time to loot ratio is even worse for the Renowneds of the Cavern than for others, so it's more obvious than others, and tends to be the source of more complaints.

Sadly, the team has taken this to mean that the Renowneds of the Cavern are the only ones that have the issue; which is so beyond not true that it's almost funny.

-Galen's player

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what they drop is the next spawn. Unless you kill them you will not be killing anything else

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decent ingredients

Sure, it's bad loot for the time taken to kill a 60K hit monster. But my small group had a lucky session and in 30 minutes we got 6 ingredients including (2) abyssal cloth, seed of renewal, crystalline blackrock. Adding up the sale prices and we had about 100K each for 30 minutes.