• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Raresfest Vendors

Options for Vendors During Raresfest

• Vendors Thursday thru Sunday

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Vendors all week

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Weekend Vendors or Vendors ALL Week at Raresfest?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I'm concerned, it depends on what your policy will be on what they carry. If we are still sticking the 90% high-end rares and 10% padding, then I don't think a week is needed.

To be honest, I have considered not attending this festival simply because while I have sold what your vision of rares to be, I have also used the opportunity to clear out other items such as past event arc items and other lower-end rare items. The strong stance of this festival really makes me nervous to spend the 40-50m to get there and back. I'm not only concerned about sales, but primarily also what items will be available that I personally am interested in given the current rules... whispering roses, double exceptional, etc don't exactly bring to mind high-end, but they are important to me and the chance to find something for a good price that I don't have is why I go.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't forsee the same kind of bulk rubble owners being at this one as I've see at some past events. I rarely xfer to anywhere besides pacific legends or atl when it comes to selling stuff anyway.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I absolutely think this should be a week long thing and open it up to rares/semi rares/rubbles/ etc.. on all levels and here is why:

1. If we are promoting the profession of "rares collecting" we must understand that there are rare collectors on all levels, i.e. those who started with a simple rare holiday gift all the way to multi-billion gp item collectors. Time and quantity are directly propotional when it comes to rare collecting so this fest should cater to all levels (more inclusive). Thomas Kinkade had the right business idea when he started with his painting empire. He sold originals for 50-100k and also sold reprints for as low as 50 dollars and everybody wins.

2. One of the other posters on a different thread brought up a good point which was the more opportunity you allow us to sell, i.e. increase days and type of items, the more gp we can generate and give right back during the auction. I am one of those who depends on the vendor sales to generate funds to buy the big items I want.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Voted "all week".

Btw, no one said anything against rubble or semi rares. In fact, Slickjack posted:

Rare Items, as defined by the collecting community at large, include Server Births, Seer Items, EM Items, Rubble (and other no longer spawning items), and rare clothing( sewn by, double blessed, etc.)
Bugged items are permissible to sale at the festival and many people collect them.
I will not discriminate against changling duped items for the purpose of the vendor house because I know that is just about a split issue among the community.
That means rubble, semi rares, old non spawning items are ok.

This is a good rule, i really hate to see vendors only stocked with lich deco spawn items, SA/doom/tokuno/whatever artys, tokens, etc etc.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frankly, what I see more and more is that high end rubble is already in the hands of those who intend to keep it and things like bulk walls etc are mostly in the hands of people who intend to keep that. I myself have hundreds of sandstone walls pieces and it's been months since I've see another major collector pop out of the wood work looking to seriously sell.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i also voted for all week.

i myself have specific things i look to buy at these rares fests. furs, poted plants,roses,open books and scattered hay are things i collect just to collect. and last fest i was able to purchase over 400 different potted plants and over 100 furs because the people who brought them had enough time to stock there venders again and again. it was one of the reasons i had asked for more then one vender if possible myself is because like some i want to bring over a lot of stuff i know others would like and its a pain in the butt to cycle through stuff because you only have room for soo many items. for instance i have at least 10 full sets of raindeer and 2 full sets of sleighs that id like to bring, there holiday rares and id love to get them out of my hands just for the sheer storage issue. I know myself as well as many others here would like to help promote new collectors and small items like 300th sets, valentines bags and other such items that are inexpensive will help the new collectors get started far easier then the 100 mil+ items will .

just my 2 cents.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, as I posted in the Raresfest Thread, we will change this based on the results of this poll, which is looking pretty lop-sided as of now.

I am not the rares czar.... This is a community event and we will decide this by majority rule. My thoughts on the length of the festival kept me from wanting vendors all week, NOT the fact that people were selling the whole time. I had heard quite a few people say in the past that it was so hard for them to balance RL and in-game playtime because people sold over 7 days and many of them missed out on items that they would have loved to have purchased. SO, i thought if we made it a true weekend fest, it would be much more realistic for people to be there for those SET 3 days, than trying to be there every waking hour for a week....

That being said, since it is looking like we will change this parameter back to a week of vendors, let me say this, as far as a selling strategy:

If you have a high end item, you might want to shop it around during the week versus throwing it on a vendor on, say Tuesday night for X amount of GP, because someone that might have been looking for your item for a long time might not have made it to Catskills yet.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks very much for everyone's constructive criticism. Anyone that knows me at all can tell you that I am very open minded and relatively easy to deal with. I also care very much about my shard and want to put a great festival on that will represent us well.

With this apparent change coming, I hope that any concerns over attending the event are eliminated. :)